What's new

Game Boy Mirco

You can put the name Nintendo on anything and it will sell, so long as the words Virtual Boy are not on the unit.

Why?

Nintendo has never really come out with a crappy unit to date, and furthermore their software kicks ****.

I like this dude even if he does live in the past

true enough.

true, yet the virtual boy was a mistake. the only other mistakes i can think of are 1. the GC's look. and the look of Zelda: wind waker. people considered it 'kiddy' and were put of. 2. their constant remakes of GB's/GBAs. 3. the online thingy. nintendo refused to go online and suffered for it. apart from that, not much has gone wrong really.

Well we realy can't say that a third gameboy advance is a mistake until it's finished

hmmm...

i'd say it was a mistake. i mean, its a third gameboy advance. fans of nintendo probably got the first one when it came out. maybe they got the SP to. but, come on, this is the third, i'm sure they'd rather have something new, this'll most probably piss people off.

Dude we can't judge it until it's finished who knows what they could do.

not really.

i'd say we already know what their doing, i'd be really surprised if they put n anything else for the simple reason we've seen it all before, with the GB, GB colour, GB pocket and then GBA sp.

There are still thousands of things that can be done so we should just wait and see whats next who knows what they can do

true...

while its true they could include anything, i'd also be willing to bet that, as its nintendo, they won't add much.

Well like I said it's purpose is to bringin the play yan.

hmmm...

i thought the ds could use the play yan...?

The Gameboy Micro is not backward compatible. You want to cash out for a new model on wich you can't even play your old collection of games if you wish to?

I do agree, that, stylewise, it's cute, but it's a gadget. It's targeted at the iPOD consumer base, and clearly only to them.

I had the Gba and currently have the SP. I see NO REASON at all to buy a new one, or trade in my old for a new, for that reason.

Play Yan runs on every version of the gba, if i'm not mistaking. Plus seriously, a person interested to watch movies on the go will go for a psp before even thinking about a gba...trust me.

It will probably sell, but that does not make it less useless...

But then again wich company does not go out to make money...

well...

you've basically just said the point i was trying to get across lol.

Yeah but what I'm saying is that there not done yet I mean sure the play yan works for the DS but the GBM is for style and with the possiblity of two slots the GBM might be cool not saying that I'll buy it I just want to see the whole thing before I judge

yeah

i'll deff have to see it in person, i wanna kno exactly how small it is lol

~Z~ said:
i'll deff have to see it in person, i wanna kno exactly how small it is lol

Were talking about 2 times the size of a cartridge, and the alture of maybe one or two as well. Were talking really small.

It sure is a novel concept, coming from the Gba line, but look at it this way:

Was the gba ever conceived to be a multimedia device when it came out in 2000-2001? Why should it become so now? One of the many forces of the gameboy advance had been it's ability to help the survival of the 2d scrolling/ rpg games, wich is basically dying has we speak with the release of 3d portable gaming. Most people who buy Gba don't even care about any multimedia feature. This system was intended for games ,that's it.

Does it make sense to release a new model just to bundle it with a play yan, when already ALL other models run the accessory? A screen diameter so small that reading text on it will hurt the eyes? No possibility to run old games from older gameboy (Nintendo is known for backward compatibility)? The gameboy advance sp had a reason of existence, actually many (Rechargable battery,backlit screen and shape that protects the screen from scratchs). But does the Micro comes with any additional feature for gaming?

I voice my opinion negatively on this, not because i don't like Nintendo, i know they are still good and will remain so, but since the DS, it's smells rip-off for the consumers...

yeah

agreed. it just seems to me a way for ninty to make some extra cash.

We can't judge until we see it Nintendo knows what there doing and besides like they said there making it for style who knows what they can do remember it's not planned to be released until fall they have time to do somethings this may work out who knows what could happen.

Light said:
We can't judge until we see it Nintendo knows what there doing and besides like they said there making it for style who knows what they can do remember it's not planned to be released until fall they have time to do somethings this may work out who knows what could happen.

I know what you mean, and i would probably tend to do that, but in this case... I think we pretty much know where this system is going.

Yes, Nintendo might take it to a totally new direction, but what are the chances?

Back