What's new

GEM Series appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the time to create a book I could search through using my songlist search engine and found songs off of 8125 on it. Did SC finally get the rights to produce them?

DannyGKaraoke said:
I took the time to create a book I could search through using my songlist search engine and found songs off of 8125 on it. Did SC finally get the rights to produce them?

I could well be out of date, but as far as I know, no Eagles tracks have been yet licensed for karaoke. This is only based on my current knowledge.

Now- more about agreeing to submit to audits as a term of purchase? Point me to that site?

DannyGKaraoke said:

All the songs I've found by the eagles are also readily available on several other discs. Hey maybe that's why it took so long to get all of the licenses.. ;)

-James

jclaydon said:
All the songs I've found by the eagles are also readily available on several other discs. Hey maybe that's why it took so long to get all of the licenses.. ;)

-James

They are readily available, but I wouldn't be too sure about licensed.

Joe,

I believe the Eagles SC tape was licensed for Sound Choice the problem came with the advent of CDG and syncing the lyrics!

Thunder said:
Joe,

I believe the Eagles SC tape was licensed for Sound Choice the problem came with the advent of CDG and syncing the lyrics!

Actually my comment was meant for the "other sources" this time. However, I am under the understanding that currently there are no licensed Eagles tracks available. Again, just based on my current knowledge, and could be incorrect.

Well, I attempted to look through the listings.....

Impossible to tell what is available overall, so I made a handy "songbook" pdf file of the artist listing of ALL of the MP3+G discs so they are all grouped together... BTW, ANY song that you see the year: 1897 next to means that there was no year (that I detected) when I brought it in... so just ignore it.

(Of course, you have to have adobe acrobat to view this listing... it's free all over the place.)

Interesting what is there and what is missing...

[did I mention shamless plug?]

View attachment 18248 <-- CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF FILE

Just a snapshot from the listing above, here's what's listed for the eagles:
Eagles.jpg

What I would like someone to do is find out what songs are in the main "Diamond" series that are not in the Foundations & Bricks and vice-versa.

I wish they had taken this into consideration for those of us that already have these sets. A GEM - Foundation/Brick Add-on set would have been nice and probably sold better as well.

I would like to know if there are any songs not previously released on any sc disc.

c. staley said:
Just a snapshot from the listing above, here's what's listed for the eagles:
Eagles.jpg

SC8125 song's NOT on Gem:

SC8125 - 02 - Eagles - One Of These Nights
SC8125 - 03 - Eagles - The Long Run
SC8125 - 05 - Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
SC8125 - 07 - Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
SC8125 - 08 - Eagles - Heartache Tonight
SC8125 - 10 - Eagles - New Kid In Town
SC8125 - 11 - Eagles - Witchy Woman
SC8125 - 12 - Eagles - Best Of My Love
SC8125 - 15 - Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why

DJ Cam said:
I would like to know if there are any songs not previously released on any sc disc.

I haven't gone thru the entire thing yet, but my best guess would be No. Soundchoice has already stated that they will not produce any more music until they can expect to reasonably get a return of investment.

However all of the tracks on their lastest disc are in the diamond series.

If you have been business for more than 5 years, then this probably isn't something that would interest them unless they wanted to put together another system.

-James

From another forum:

"Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight"

not available on any other current disc (or even as A Karaoke Channel download)

Previously released, but up till now unavailable.

Still waiting to find out about whether there are "conditions" for purchasing this series ( like agree to audits?) that were previously mentioned..

Anyone?

JoeChartreuse said:
Still waiting to find out about whether there are "conditions" for purchasing this series ( like agree to audits?) that were previously mentioned..

Anyone?

Sound Choice said:
Hi Manobeer.

My apologies if what I thought would be obvious now needs to be defined down to the micro level. Some of you have read the macro explanation (you can't make a copy without our permission (which we are willing to grant under certain conditions)) and are trying to find ways to nitpick it to suit your own interests or hope to skate around the intent. So, now, as I am "challenged" on every little point, and provide further detail, I am not being contradictory, I am "closing" up by way of further explanation what some either thought or hoped were potential loopholes.

If you just stick to the spirit of what we are allowing, which is more or less, but not the full and exact terms, buying an original disc and then if you format and/or media shift on a 1:1 basis of owning and archiving a separate and unique original disc for each song that you shift you will avoid paying heavily in a lawsuit. There, I left that statement "open" to mean that you could still be audited, sued, receive a letter, have to pay something.... blah, blah, blah... see how ridiculous this can get?

YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IS MEANT in "spirit" BY "1:1" and yes, if you do not have an agreement with manufacturers in place you should be aware that it is implicit that you are still subject to an audit or lawsuit.
And BTW the agreement will specifically state that you are subject to audits, except in this case you sign off knowing that fact as opposed to it being implied.

Thank you Thunder for the reminder of being "compliant" - I have explained all of this so many different ways, I don't remember what all I write. So, I am falling back on the "spirit" and "intent " (which often come up in legal cases) of our use of the content and the term 1:1.
I then replied to specifically ask if he was refferring to this on page 26 post 504(audit update thread), John Tuck replied stating that YES one would have to PROVE compliance when purchasing the GEM series. We all know how that proof is obtained.

Wait. So they won't even SELL you the GEM series unless you submit to an audit first? Is that what I am reading?!

Bazza:no you are agreeing to the possibility of FUTURE audits.

It says nothing about having to submit to an audit to purchase any of the GEM series.

Ok, I STILL haven't finished going thru the gem series, but I think I have found one song that soundchoice has NEVER released before.

"That's not my name" by the Ting Tings. Well its not in the kj pro database anyway.

However there are SEVERAL songs I have come across that have been unvailable for several years now.

-James

I just don't see the logic on this one. I have both foundations and all the bricks and a few odds/ends, as many of us do.

I just can't see re-buying all my music AGAIN just to gain the extra songs. Now, if they had said "For all you KJ's that already have our core sets...here is the RUBY set with everything else!" I believe they would have sold a TON and I would have said "Where do I sign!".

They make more money this way per set...but they will sell less of them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back