What's new

"HE SAID YES!!!!" come help plan on a budget!!!!

icoupon2

Hooker boots for the mistah not the mustard.
PF Member
Reaction score
OK....Peeps...whadda' ya' got? You are the go to peeps for getting something done, doing it well and on a budget.

Short version...50 people max, $10,000 (imaginary as of yet unearned dollars :giggles:)

A destination wedding somewhere warm on the beach

1. Venues?
2. Flowers?
3. Centerpieces?
4. Favors?
5. All that other crap?

Dresses aren't really on the list because I'm not young enough or dumb enough to spend a lot on a wedding dress anymore :giggles::giggles:

Help a girl out...what have you done? Seen?

TIA :flowers:

Re: "Nice" Wedding for 50 people on a "budget"

Did he FINALLY pop the question?!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for an answer! :bee: :tap:

:lol:

Well the upside to the baby mama and her stupid white trash sister coming over here and acting like idiots again was that I just had enough. Which ultimately led to the whole wedding/marriage discussion. (Short version they brought some cow over here with them TOT'ing) while they were still in MY yard the cow says to the sister is that "mistah's name"'s girlfriend? Sister looks right at me with her snot face and goes "not really

Anyhoo...the bottom line on the big discussion was this:

1. he loves me
2. he has no doubts about our relationship or its future
3. he's been with me longer than he's been with anyone in his whole life
4. we can't exactly afford a wedding right now...and we can't squeeze the budget any tighter (want to bet? :giggles:) we can't just run off and do it and hurt our families and not have our 3 kids there
5. it's not that he doesn't want to marry me, but he doesn't want to go into it (a wedding) if we have to kill ourselves paying for it.

So, my response was so if we won the lottery tomorrow we'd be married? No...we'd still have to plan it :lol: Touche mistah.

Basically he thinks 50 people (max) is realistic and in his head that costs $10,000. OK...I said you know me when there is a challenge ahead right? He said yup :)

So there it is...figure out how we pay for it without killing ourselves and sacrificing current necessities. I can do that :)

That is a TON of money for 50 people.

Agreed...so what we are really doing here is planning a wedding for 50 that looks like it cost $10K :quiet:

Are you looking it at having it somewhere--or in a church basement--or something like that
If you do a VFW Hall--you can usually bring in food--and it is cheap
If you do it at the church--same thing--you can cater from Corky's or some place like that for a reasonable cost
For centerpieces--lots of ideas--once you decide on colors--you can make your own--you can go simple or you can do flowers--photos all sorts of easy ideas--just make sure you don't do too tall so that people can see each other at the tables.

My dd bff for just got married--she i tuned the songs--played them off her computer--had a friend--pretend to be a dj--and it worked well--everyone had a great time--you can rent a sound system--with a microphone to announce as you come in--and to announce the songs as being played
Favors: up to you--and how fancy you want--you can make them and something personal--or you can do the candy bar wrap--at each table and that is the gift--it states your names wedding dates--and then on the back a thank you for coming

I am sure if you google weddings under xxxx amount--it will work

It does sound like you have a good amount of $$$ to work with-for 50 people. I think you could make it a lot nicer than things I have suggested--but this was to give you a few ideas.

FIRST OFF.................Congrats babe!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

Second...............$10K for 50 peeps? :faint: Are you putting them up in a hotel?!

Third....... just call on us to do whatever.............cook, decorate, shop, whatever (knowing that we're not invited ;)).

Fourth............ENJOY!!!

I think mistah thinks it's a (fairly) nice banquet hall type thing. We don't have a church so we'd also either get married there or something to that effect. I think in his head it's a wedding that appears that we spent a lot more on it than we did. KWIM?

I'm not crafty at all. :pout:

I think that $10K encompasses everything venue, flowers, my attire, attire for 3 kids, reception, photographer, DJ, bar ;) etc. Not just like $10K for a reception :eek: I'd kill him if that was the case lol

I need a seamstress :lol: or a part of a seamstress. So many cute dresses are either strapless or one shoulder...the problem is for me it's always the wrong shoulder! I have a tattoo on the front of my right shoulder. I hate it and don't want it to show. I need someone who can either make a dress similar to what I want but reversed in the shoulder or who can add small cap sleeves to a dress kwim?

I pinned this from a beach wedding picture. I'd love to have a fancier version (not chalk) of something that says this:

81205599501044446_F3UcenBm_c.jpg

:hiphip: So happy for you, Joy! Did you ever show him pictures of the rings? That should be in the budget too. :giggles:

:hiphip: So happy for you, Joy! Did you ever show him pictures of the rings? That should be in the budget too. :giggles:

I've been emailing him links periodically...like...The Easter Bunny should put this in my basket...or This would set off some fireworks this Fourth of July :giggles:

Congratulations ! :bliss:

I'd like a more modest version of this:

backofdress.jpg

$%28KGrHqZ,!h4E68TUeLIIBO6MizPpKg~~60_1.JPG

$%28KGrHqZ,!h4E68TUeLIIBO6MizPpKg~~60_1.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,!okE63%28r1M7FBOzsrL36Hw~~60_12.JPG
frontofdress.jpg

I like the lace look of it, but it's a little too low cut for me!

I like the lace look of this one (and the cap sleeves are perfect for covering the tatoo) but I hate the bottom (and the gloves :giggles:)

184858759674979741_hzpOX8hW_c.jpg

I went to the thrift store on the day everything was 50% off and bought my vases for .50 each. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought my flowers (with a q of course) I bought a huge bouquet that I cut up and divided the flowers (3 red and 3 white) into each vase. I used tissue paper to cover up the stems. I found my dress for only $100. Had a friend who knew photographers, who did fabulous work for $275. Have a friend who makes cakes, so she did mine for $100. My hair dresser did my hair for free as my gift. I bought my tiara and bouquet from Walmart. I believe they were $20 each. For the tables, I was able to use exp RR's (when Dom's still took them :pout:) they had these paper like ones, but were nicer than paper, and cheaper then doing linen. :lol: I did white and then red down the middle, then vice versa on the next table. We had our reception at a legion hall, and we had to use their food. But the food was actually very good. Price was not bad either. We got balloons since there are MANY kids in the family, and at the end of the night we all took them outside, made a wish, and released them. Party favors were cheapies, from the dollar store. I scattered flower petals on each table as well. We planned this VERY last minute, was married at the courthouse, so in the end paid under $4k.

pics:
FTwink2

and CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :)

I pinned this from a beach wedding picture. I'd love to have a fancier version (not chalk) of something that says this:

81205599501044446_F3UcenBm_c.jpg

my nephew who just got married had this sign at their wedding

Back