What's new

"HE SAID YES!!!!" come help plan on a budget!!!!

I'm thinking I should look for an all inclusive resort in FL. What I'd save by not leaving the country we'd probably spend on meals on the other days etc. There is a Club Med Sandpiper resort that is all inclusive...but the Google results are a little overwhelming to find others. Have to keep checking.

I totally have work I should be doing but I'm obsessed with searches lol

Staying in the states has its advantages. If you want others to come to the celebration, it would be easier on them to drive down to Florida then to fly somewhere. Maybe everyone could also stay a little bit longer too.

I'm thinking I should look for an all inclusive resort in FL. What I'd save by not leaving the country we'd probably spend on meals on the other days etc. There is a Club Med Sandpiper resort that is all inclusive...but the Google results are a little overwhelming to find others. Have to keep checking.

I totally have work I should be doing but I'm obsessed with searches lol

Why not just shack up at Steve's? I'm sure he'd even feed you a few meals.

Congrats Joy!!!! Saw the original thread and was awaiting your response to mrsmom question....so glad to hear.

Now, as for party favors, if you have your heart set on it OK....but basically no one really likes or expects those things at a wedding. (ok, maybe it is just me). For our wedding, we gave a donation to St Jude's Children's Hospital and they printed a lovely bookmark that said something like "in lieu of party favor, we donated money in your name to this cause" Many non profits do this if you have a favorite charity...usually no minimum donation plus it is a tax write off for you.:snicker:

brilliant--I bet steve would plan the whole event for you--LOL

Congrats Joy! So happy for you both. I like the Florida idea, but make sure you don't plan it during Hurricane season! :lol: I got my dress from Penney's but that was almost 20 years ago, not sure any of my idea's would help you in today's economy.

Congrats Joy! So happy for you both. I like the Florida idea, but make sure you don't plan it during Hurricane season! :lol: I got my dress from Penney's but that was almost 20 years ago, not sure any of my idea's would help you in today's economy.

I got my last dress at Penny's too but that was 19 years ago :lol::lol::lol:

I actually ordered it out of the catalog, it only needed to be hemmed. I loved it! Our reception was at the Old Town Hall in CL...they were very reasonable. I have no idea if they are still there. :giggles:

I have mentioned how excited it am!!!!!!M

Now pick your colors, so we can move forward! I vote mrsmelton as wedding planner :)

That passport invite and Save the dates are so capable of DIYing. And the save the dates we can design and print for shipping with vistaprint, add a ribbon, a decal, special touch to make it pop and beat all this prices.

WOW. I am not very helpful, or creative. But I could cut the coupons. :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how exciting! Congrats!!!!!!!!

hey I got my dress at penneys too 23 years ago--at the outlet for $139 --my bridesmaid dresses too for 9.99!!

ask and ye shall receive! Free chapstick done! Thanks to kathymai's eagle eye that spotted the deal at Jewel and CharlieQ's generous RAOK of the coupons there WILL be lip balm favors! :woot:

If I make them they won't look that pretty but hopeful I can get some crafty peeps to help! ;)

OK crafty peeps...even if we got another free chapstick deal, I'm thinking I still couldn't make these cheaper than the price they are charging by the time I buy supplies, ruin several dozen trying to get them right and all :giggles: what do you think? They are lip balm these are the prices each
Quantity 24 - 71 = $2.64 72 - 143 = $2.16 144+ = $2.05

8444318021606624_ScHw4Mfj_c.jpg

Back