What's new

"HE SAID YES!!!!" come help plan on a budget!!!!

Re: "Nice" Wedding for 50 people on a "budget"

This is just beautiful! I have dd 12 and my boyfriend has ds 7. We've been together for 5 freaking years. I'm NOT getting any younger. Lol. That sign reminds me of our situation too. Idk you but I'm happy for u. Congrats

My sistah! December 11th is our 5 year anniversary (first date) and we have my DDalmost20, my DS18 and his DS10 :)

I told him I'm about 20 years to old to be walking around talking about "my boyfriend" :giggles:

Congratulations Joy - wonderful news!!!

My cousin got married last year - it was a second marriage for both and both have 2 children. They decided to do a cruise and then the cruiseline has a wedding planner that helps with picking where to have the wedding and the details. She told me she just picked and chose what she wanted from a list. It then was their honeymoon as well. They ended up getting 2 rooms - adjoining - so the kids stayed in the one and they had their own. Beautiful pictures she had - and what was nice is her ship left from New Orleans (it was a carnival cruise) and they actually drove there to save money because they would have had to pay 6 airfares. Another cousin did this as well - but about 12 years ago - and again loved it!

I hope that you are able to enjoy the excitement of it all - it might seem like it will take forever to get here but you will be surprised how quickly it will happen.

Can't wait to hear your plans as you start making them.

Cost effective destination wedding to.... Lake Geneva, Door County, Michigan? :lol:

I just added up how many pharmacies I have to sell next year to pay for this :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!:cartwheel:I am very happy for you! And please don't take this the wrong way or anything but DH and I wanted to be married so bad that we went to the courthouse, paid our 25 bucks and got hitched...our families were there and they took pics and so did we....a yr. later after our house burned and we got money from that we took a small portion and had a modest wedding and celebration...it cost us $4,000 total and that was 2005! But whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it!

Cost effective destination wedding to.... Lake Geneva, Door County, Michigan? :lol:

Lake Geneva is my home town..........my P's still live there.

LG is NOT the budget place to go.

I'd marry him anywhere...anytime...any place. I'd get married in our living room in my robe and slippers with the dog as our witness. I don't care about any of the wedding 'stuffs' but to him he thinks you have to give your bride a wedding. To him that equates to showing her you can take care of her (this is very dumb logic of his! :lol:).

Meh...whatever makes the guy happy. I told him I don't need all this...he pointed out that this is what he asked me when he did propose to me 5 years ago which is true. he did ask me if I'd run away and marry him barefoot in the sand on a beach somewhere so I guess there is some romance buried into that thought process for him.

OK crafty peeps...even if we got another free chapstick deal, I'm thinking I still couldn't make these cheaper than the price they are charging by the time I buy supplies, ruin several dozen trying to get them right and all :giggles: what do you think? They are lip balm these are the prices each
Quantity 24 - 71 = $2.64 72 - 143 = $2.16 144+ = $2.05

8444318021606624_ScHw4Mfj_c.jpg

Congratulations! How very exciting! :bliss: I'm so happy for you! I saw that you pinned a few wedding things tonight & I was wondering if something was up!

If your destination is out of the county, you should probably give your guests at least 9 months notice because it takes 6 months to get a passport. Families might need some time to save up for that, too.

I am thrilled for you!!! :woot: :bliss: :woot: :foryou: :cartwheel:

PS check out overstock.com for bling, too. Their prices are pretty reasonable.

:faint: I don't even have a passport :lol:

I am thinking the truth is I'd like to do it maybe next October, but financially that's probably pushing it :lol:

I need a seamstress :lol: or a part of a seamstress. So many cute dresses are either strapless or one shoulder...the problem is for me it's always the wrong shoulder! I have a tattoo on the front of my right shoulder. I hate it and don't want it to show. I need someone who can either make a dress similar to what I want but reversed in the shoulder or who can add small cap sleeves to a dress kwim?
Clars!
I went to the thrift store on the day everything was 50% off and bought my vases for .50 each. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought my flowers (with a q of course) I bought a huge bouquet that I cut up and divided the flowers (3 red and 3 white) into each vase. I used tissue paper to cover up the stems. I found my dress for only $100. Had a friend who knew photographers, who did fabulous work for $275. Have a friend who makes cakes, so she did mine for $100. My hair dresser did my hair for free as my gift. I bought my tiara and bouquet from Walmart. I believe they were $20 each. For the tables, I was able to use exp RR's (when Dom's still took them :pout:) they had these paper like ones, but were nicer than paper, and cheaper then doing linen. :lol: I did white and then red down the middle, then vice versa on the next table. We had our reception at a legion hall, and we had to use their food. But the food was actually very good. Price was not bad either. We got balloons since there are MANY kids in the family, and at the end of the night we all took them outside, made a wish, and released them. Party favors were cheapies, from the dollar store. I scattered flower petals on each table as well. We planned this VERY last minute, was married at the courthouse, so in the end paid under $4k.

pics:
FTwink2

and CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :)
FTWink - decorations
mrsmelton - planning
jonnysmomma - photography
mrsred - hair and makeup
cookiemom - cookies :giggles:

He does have brother in FL...maybe we could find something there? passports for 3 kids and me already sounds like more than I can handle :giggles:

It's warm and they have beaches. It does fit the general criteria...

OK crafty peeps...even if we got another free chapstick deal, I'm thinking I still couldn't make these cheaper than the price they are charging by the time I buy supplies, ruin several dozen trying to get them right and all :giggles: what do you think? They are lip balm these are the prices each
Quantity 24 - 71 = $2.64 72 - 143 = $2.16 144+ = $2.05

8444318021606624_ScHw4Mfj_c.jpg

CUTE! But I say skip the favors, skip the flowers. No one will notice their absence (and the lip balm could melt in the heat if you get married outdoors in the Caribbean). Spend the money on the things that are really important to you. If that is favors, well, those are cute.

mrsmelton has created an amazing board on Pinterest for me if you are following. She's a born wedding planner I tell you!

my sis got married last year, ~100 or so guests. She did not have a big wedding cake; instead she used regular sized round cakes as her centerpieces for the tables. I thought that was genius. The guests cut the cake themselves too, so that saved her a plating/serving fee of $2 per person the restaurant would have charged.

Besides skipping the favors, etc. I say skip a fancy wedding. Go to the JOP then have a reception.

Joy whatever you do, I'm so happy for you!

images

Wish lanterns over the beach/ocean would be amazingly beautiful. They are like $3/ea. My friend did these at her wedding last year, they released 4 of them in memory of loved ones who are no longer here. That would be beautiful!

Back