What's new

Hi.

This is of course AFTER he plead no contest which is seen as the same as a guilty plea in the eyes of the court. Once a person has been convicted, there is a different set of rules that can be imposed.

Felons have a lot of rights and privileges taken away once convicted. It is this way to protect society.

Since he is on parole, he has not paid his debt to society yet until that is over.

But he isnt a felon...and yes, it DOES matter.

The fact of the matter is that the Iowa Board of Parole has control over him for the next 5 years....Iowa has what is called a "Special Sentence" that is essentially a 10 year parole, that can be cut down to 5 years with good time, just like his prison sentence was. The 2 years for the class is mandatory and every sex offender in Iowa has to take them.

ok once again im not going to be popular

BUT if this wasnt Jeni's husband and she hadnt told us her story IF it was some random guy that had pleaded guilty to child molestation chances are most would want him to never get out of jail at all..... much less polygraph him most people would want him to go live on a desert island away from children so in a 'general' sense I think supervision is warrented only becouse if it were ANYONE ELSE but Pat id probably say cops should be following him around

I agree with you. They treat everyone the same, regardless of what the sex crime is.

Clars said:
If he fails a poly, he violates the terms of his parole.

there are LOTS of ways probation can be violated ............ we've had clients get two weeks in jail "shock-time" due to non-attendance of weekly classes ....... we've also had clients doing drugs/drinking .... cutting off their monitoring devices & fleeing ..... :dunce:

Yup, polygraph. He will be taking several over the next 2 years. Why? Because in Iowa, sex offenders not only have to go thru treatment while incarcerated...and take polygraphs...but they also have to complete a 2 year program once they are out...and they have to pay for it, too.

And even tho polygraphs are not admissable in court... the Iowa Board of Parole can use them to send a sex offender back to prison should he or she fail it. It is really ****ed up.

But...it is what it is.

here the state s/o's and the federal s/o's costs are "different" ...... some feds have no cost for weekly classes, others pay $25 per month, still others get paid transportation expenses for each class they attend, the state clients pay $35 each week for classes and owe even if they "miss" a class for some reason, and their poly's run about $200 each time

I figured you have me against a wall dodging knives, honestly

Nah. I am done being angry about it...I mean, what's the point? You have told me that you support me, and that is all I ever asked for.

I understand WHY the state treats them all the same, but it doesn't mean I like it.

here the state s/o's and the federal s/o's costs are "different" ...... some feds have no cost for weekly classes, others pay $25 per month, still others get paid transportation expenses for each class they attend, the state clients pay $35 each week for classes and owe even if they "miss" a class for some reason, and their poly's run about $200 each time

Pat's isnt federal tho.

The weekly classes are $15 apiece. When it goes to 3 times a month, I believe his PO said it was $10 per class. When it goes to once a month(which is when his ankle GPS is removed) then it is About $5 per class. It is an incentive to take the classes for the lesser cost. I am not sure about the cost of the poly's.

there are LOTS of ways probation can be violated ............ we've had clients get two weeks in jail "shock-time" due to non-attendance of weekly classes ....... we've also had clients doing drugs/drinking .... cutting off their monitoring devices & fleeing ..... :dunce:

if Pat were to do any of this...straight back to prison for 2 years.

Some guys just dont care. I have the dates he needs to reregister in my datebook and will murder him if he doesnt. Seems kind of counterproductive to murder him since I will be in prison too, but you know what I mean.

He wants to register and do all the things he "has" to do in order to get to be able to see his son, and to generally do the right thing.

very true ........... some would much rather be back in jail ....... not having to worry about food nor a roof over their heads ......... I'm glad your fella wants to be a dad ......... he's lucky to have you :)

Some guys just dont care. I have the dates he needs to reregister in my datebook and will murder him if he doesnt. Seems kind of counterproductive to murder him since I will be in prison too, but you know what I mean.

He wants to register and do all the things he "has" to do in order to get to be able to see his son, and to generally do the right thing.

Back