What's new

Hostess Going out of Business

The judge ordered them to mediation :cartwheel:

How did we not know before that the union hadn't gone through all the steps? Oh wait we were focused on those golden, delicious sponge cakes :giggles:

It wasn't the union that didn't take all the steps, management was trying to get around that.

It wasn't the union that didn't take all the steps, management was trying to get around that.

I thought it said the union didn't file their objection to mgmt.'s final offer?

Hostess closures take bite out of Jewel's private-label bread

Baker made Essential Everyday brand for Supervalu stores

The closure of Hostess plants as the company faces liquidation leaves Supervalu Inc. looking for a new baker for Essential Everyday breads sold in it stores, including the Jewel chain.

Hostess produced the private label bread brand Supervalue launched this year.

"It is possible that in some markets there may be some shortages of Essential Everyday, but we are quickly working to implement our contingency plan," spokesman Mike Siemienas said. "We're working with some vendors to produce more and others to produce the product."

The Hostess plant in Hodgkins that produces Essential Everyday bread also makes Beefsteak, Butternut, Home Pride, Nature's Pride and Wonder breads.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...-private-label-bread-20121116,0,5630029.story

I had a cat for Essential Everyday bread and wanted to use it today. Sadly, there was no EE bread on the shelves (not even one). We love that bread!

--Union rules forced Hostess to run separate truck fleets for delivering bread vs. sweets. A sweets driver, serving a 7-11 store, was forbidden from restocking shelves with breads already delivered and waiting in the back—he had to call for a bread driver to swing by and handle. :faint:

--The union restrictions on the 5,500 distribution routes at Hostess made it unprofitable to serve tiny outlets, yet Hostess was barred from using smaller, sleeker—and non-union—distributors.

And that is the crazy part of unions. F*** the good for the company only do your job don't worry about no stock on the shelf let it sit in back.
Let the customer buy a different brand and lose that sale, wait who do you work for?? Oh the union thats right, not hostess.

I wouldn't make a good union person.. I guess I am just different when I worked at kraft and when I would be walking threw shipping usually on my way to break if a shipping line was backed up I would stop and help that person get caught up. In a union shop that would be cause for some sort of disapline I am sure because it wasn't my job, and I jumped pay scales when I did it. I didn't care (the old peeps would yell at me) F*** U.

Funny thing it was amazing when I would fall behind somebody always stepped in to help me out too. I guess the saying what comes around goes around. is really true.

Right time right place today! I got my Twinkies! :dance:

Walmart in Algonquin had a few racks in the back apparently and I just happened to be there getting a Christmas tree stand when they brought them out. They also had Brownie Bites and Mini ****ins all $2 a box....created a bit of a feeding frenzy. And some asses were stealing the Twinkies right out of the boxes!

****, STEALING OUT OF THE BOXES?!!!! WTF?!!! That is crazy.....I miss the cupcakes and snowballs...those were my faves! Not that I actually need them but....I still miss them!

Back