What's new

How much did it cost to heat your home last year? Think I may have a coronary...

ennui

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Just totaled up my home heating oil bills from November 2010 thru my last oil delivery in June 2011, in preparation for ordering some oil next week as the tank is getting low & winter isn't going away.

Started off paying $2.64/gal, ended up with $3.49/gal during the cold stretch last March.

I'm absolutely sick :faint: $2,400 :faint:for heat & hot water in my tiny house.

:surrender:

:grouphug: there are some good things about living where you live, right?

Just totaled up my home heating oil bills from November 2010 thru my last oil delivery in June 2011, in preparation for ordering some oil next week as the tank is getting low & winter isn't going away.

Started off paying $2.64/gal, ended up with $3.49/gal during the cold stretch last March.

I'm absolutely sick :faint: $2,400 :faint:for heat & hot water in my tiny house.

:surrender:
our townhome not very well insulated
we pay $150-early 200s in winter
I cannot wait :\

Well if I add my gas and electric together it would be $1200, maybe $1500 for the year.

I think the gas bill goes up about $40 a month in the winter, so maybe $240 extra for heating since it is a gas furnace.

The cost to heat the house is not that bad it's my DHs man cave (garage) that makes the bill high. His garage is the same size as our house, so we pay pretty much to heat two houses.

we generally fill up with propaine twice a year......we save all summer to fill up in August/September when propaine is cheeper usually get 200 gallons it lasts us til abot Feb then we get more usually costs us around $500 each time

We live in a two bedroom apartment and it's all on the electric bill, it runs about 150.00 all summer and can go up to around 250.00 in the winter. I think that is crazy for an apartment of 900 sq feet.
The better part is the place where we live will no matter what except any payment plan or partial payment. If the bill is not payed in full on time they will shut you off.
Sorry but times have been really tough and some months it's really hard to come up with the full 200.00 but they refuse to work with you.....I think that sucks!!

$1070 for last year's LP contract...$1215 for this year's...that's for 650 gallons which usually gets us through the year...

Total for gas and electric (so air and heat) was $1695 last year. That's way too much, and we keep our heat low and our air high! (67 and 78).

The cost to heat the house is not that bad it's my DHs man cave (garage) that makes the bill high. His garage is the same size as our house, so we pay pretty much to heat two houses.

Does he sleep in there or something? If he doesn't, I'd make him sleep in there a few nights to justify the extra cost :snicker:

In the really cold months last year, our bill was around 250/mo for gas. During the summer months, the gas bill is around $75 or $80 but the electric bill is around $200 to $250.

Hoping our gas bill goes down a lot this winter, we had a new high efficiency furnace installed, which cost us 7000.00 so it better go down, last year we paid almost 250.00 a month in gas, and our electric bill is crazy it runs about 120.00 a month and we don't have air!!!!

In the really cold months last year, our bill was around 250/mo for gas. During the summer months, the gas bill is around $75 or $80 but the electric bill is around $200 to $250.

Wow! Big house?

We are in a 1200ish sf ranch and our gas ran $700 for the whole year (looked back at my Online Billpay after reading this thread- had to know!). We do keep the heat low though, 60-65 depending on who's home and what we're doing.

Our elec averages 80ish/mo. but we don't run the air in summer unless there's a bad heat wave (or we have company...read: MIL)

Too much!

But we hate to be cold. We all have good warm clothes and slippers but somedays I just turn it up and am grateful to be warm.

I have an old house and a super old furnance, even the NICOR guy said he had never seen one that old. Someday we'll replace it...thing is as big as my car

i'd be sick to my stomach if i added it up.

Back