What's new

How often do you do back-ups?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I do it every-so-often; my set-up is basically two SSD's which has games and programs I can easily re-download (just a hassle if I need to), and my two hard drives where one is the main storage and the other is it's backup. :)

Every computer in the house backs up automatically every hour over the network to a hard disk, so pretty frequently.

I did it like a month ago because i think my HD is about to crash one of these days..

but before that... never

I used to do them every week. Now I have so much data that it's simply too much work.

Honestly, very rarely. Never had an instance of needing a backup but my paranoia makes me backup every now and then. All of music is ripped from CD's I own, all my films I have on DVD, and all my games are either on my shelf or downloaded through Steam, so I'd lose little if my PC did go kaput.

I've heard more than a few horror stories through my three years here at DMU, though, some of my friends have lost all their work days before deadlines. So the moral of the story, kids, is that backups are your friends! The more important it is, the more frequent you should backup! :D

I never back up my computer, ah well :p

Never. I save my important stuff to DVDs/Blurays anyway. XD; Anything else is easily reinstallable.

Well, I learned the hard way that backing up is important. My previous laptop crashed on me and I lost everything that was on it. So, now when I have something that is important I make sure that I back it up. Sometimes I back it up in more then one source so I know I have it.

Very rarely. My phone I must remember to back up eventually though. I'm on my third phone since October last year and have lost some pictures that I really wanted to keep.

I did backup to dropbox but it took all my music which took up too much space so I'm going to delete all the music from there and put in more important documents. I could easily re download my music but I have music on my iTunes and my iPod so there's no need to back it up.
I'm not bothered with back ups really. I should be though.

I only backup very important documents to Google Drive, but I rarely backup my laptop or computer. My iPod hasn't been backed up for about a month now and I only backup my phone if I'm going to flash a new ROM. I can't even backup my laptop because my recovery HDD doesn't even have enough space. I've yet to find myself in a situation where I wish I'd backed up, so thank god for that.

All the time. I set up my files to be automatically saved in my back up so I won't be worried in case of any sudden error in my PC. It already happened once and I'm very thankful because all my files are in my back up.

I actually never do backups at all. My hard drive has never failed on me, so I wouldn't think it would fail on me in the future. It's probably going to one day, but after that, I'll learn my lesson. Even if it does wipe out all my data and memory, I really have nothing important other than a few passwords that I already remember.

Back