What's new

huge fire in Bridgeport.right next to our family business

Does it remind anyone else of "Backdraft" that this fire was first discovered by a fire chief who just happened to be driving by?

:quiet:

Sorry about this, Lisa. Hope it doesn't interrupt their daily business & orders too much. That is hard to bounce back from.

okay for those who dont know our family business is printing/silk screening. Yes we were concerned about any part of our building catching on fire--a bigger concern was that the side that faces the warehouse that was engulfed is right where Dh prints all day long--so that wall with windows is stacked with leftover ink and lots of solvents --which could have been a nasty exploding mess AND as the news had briefly mentioned yesterday less then a block down (south) is a large city fueling station where they fuel up police cars/sanitation trucks etc...

here are some pictures still waiting to hear more details from dh
WP_20130123_001-Copy.jpg

this is where dh prints
WP_20130123_004.jpg

WP_20130123_07_23_33_Panorama.jpg

this is directly upstairs in the showroom part

FOT78A1.jpg

WP_20130123_001-Copy.jpg

Not sure who discovered it exactly BUT a very good friend of the family is a fire chief and he called my father in law to let him know it was right next door to our place

ennui there was another bad fire in Chicago yesterday morning in a high rise where one person died and a few others were injured

tribune picture--that is our building to the right

Oh dear Lord! :huggy: I'm so sorry

Wow what a mess. I hope things are up and running quickly.

It says in the news article it was discovered by a chief driving by. If the refueling station is right there, that makes sense why.

What a mess!

Lisa, so very sorry this happened. Hoping insurance pays for everything and gets resolved as quickly as possible

omg, this is horrible. hope you get everything replaced and fixed fast! sorry this happened to you.

:huggy: to you and your family. I hope the business can recover.

I am so sorry! I hope you can recover quickly, hugs !!:huggy:

I am so sorry and hope you can recover quickly. I assume you guys are insured.

Oh Lisa I am so sorry. We saw this from our windows at work last night and this morning when I got home I was napping on the couchand I saw someone being interviewd on TV and it mentioned the flag company. I just now put 2 and 2 together.

Back