What's new

I am sending Mr. to the store for some things for the new house

eLiciafay

I don't **** on the upholstery!
PF Member
Reaction score
It is a very specific list that I estimate would run about $150 here.

Let's see how he does. I am not having him do any deals, just straight "go to the store, buy these things, these flavors, this much" so we have some stuff when we get to the new place and I don't have to stop unpacking to go to the store and we aren't stuck eating take out for days.

This should be interesting...do you think he can do it?

If he's anything like my dh, he can do it, but he'll call you from the store about 6 times.

He'll prolly screw up one or two things, but let it go. What's grocery stores are you going to have out there anyway? Any close to your new house?

you should look online--my ds goes to school in iowa by a hy-vee--I can order all his groceries--pay online and they gather it all for you-- $5

nice I think

BUT on the other hand it could be fun to see how he does--LOL

What were some of the things on the list?

you knew someone was going to ask....

did vinegar and/or lube make the top 10?

What were some of the things on the list?

you knew someone was going to ask....

did vinegar and/or lube make the top 10?

LMAO no. Hee! This is the list, I even broke it down by what section of the store and found a Super WalMart closeish to the house.

Paper aisle:
1 pk Solo BARE cups (they are clear) regular Solo cups are OK but the BARE ones are made of recycled plastic & that makes me :)
1 pk ZooPals cups with lids (by the paper plates)
1 pk Dixie either PerfectTouch or InsulAir cups

Dairy:
1 gallon organic 2% milk
1 pk string cheese
1 doz free range eggs - don't have to be organic
1 lb salted butter not margarine please
1 small tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese

Grocery:
1 pk either large juicy juice boxes (there are 2 sizes) or capri sun 100% juice pouches whichever is cheaper. Any flavor except apple.
1 loaf multi grain bread - look for more than 1g fiber per slice
1 pk english ****ins
1 bag bagels - whatever flavor YOU want
1 pk either whole wheat tortillas or flat out wraps
1 small bottle yellow mustard
1 small jar mayo NOT MIRACLE WHIP THAT IS NOT MAYONNAISE IT IS NASTY!!!
1 small jar Skippy Natural creamy peanut butter
1 small jar or bottle tartar sauce
1 small Heinz ketchup
6 or 8 pk Diet Coke or Pepsi Max bottles (not cans because cans go flat before I can drink it all)
12 pk or 8 pk cans Berry flavored Le Croix sparkling water (pink box) I have a new fizzy flavored water habit, it makes me happy just do it.
if they are on sale, either a few Vitamin Water 10's or Powerade Zeros. Don't care what flavor, you pick.
1 bag cheese sunchips - orange bag
1 pk cookies - pick something yummy

Produce:
3 or 4 medium size apples - honeycrisp, gala, fuji, pink lady. anything but red or golden delicious or granny smith.
3 or 5 lb bag Cutie clementines
3 or 4 GREEN bananas

Deli:
1/2 lb pepper jack cheese
1/2 lb swiss cheese
1/2 lb american or mild cheddar or colby cheese whatever is cheaper
1 lb turkey, sandwich sliced
1 lb ham, shaved

Frozen:
1 box Gorton's yellow box BATTERED Fish TENDERS not filets or sticks
1 bag OreIda regular or alphabet tater tots
2 frozen pizzas - score if they have Home Run Inn brand. Cheese or sausage, Jackson will not eat pepperoni anymore.
1 box ice cream treats like drumsticks or ice cream sandwiches
1 bag party ice if we don't have an icemaker

Baby section:
1 pk 33ct Huggies Pull Ups LEARNING DESIGN not Cool Alert boy's size 4T/5T

Household:
Kitchen recycling can - look for either a step can or swing lid like Jackson's diaper pail can upstairs or the one we have in the kitchen now.
Kitchen trash can - same as above.

Oh that's a long list. My guess is he's gonna get distracted by some sort of display and will forget about the rest of the list.

My bets:

Paper aisle - going to screw everyone of these up:
1 pk Solo BARE cups (they are clear) regular Solo cups are OK but the BARE ones are made of recycled plastic & that makes me :)
1 pk ZooPals cups with lids (by the paper plates)
1 pk Dixie either PerfectTouch or InsulAir cups

Dairy:
1 gallon organic 2% milk you'll get regular 2%
1 pk string cheese
1 doz free range eggs - don't have to be organic you'll get regular
1 lb salted butter not margarine please
1 small tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese

Grocery:
1 pk either large juicy juice boxes (there are 2 sizes) or capri sun 100% juice pouches whichever is cheaper. Any flavor except apple.
1 loaf multi grain bread - look for more than 1g fiber per slice
1 pk english ****ins
1 bag bagels - whatever flavor YOU want
1 pk either whole wheat tortillas or flat out wraps
1 small bottle yellow mustard
1 small jar mayo NOT MIRACLE WHIP THAT IS NOT MAYONNAISE IT IS NASTY!!!
1 small jar Skippy Natural creamy peanut butter you'll get regular skippy
1 small jar or bottle tartar sauce
1 small Heinz ketchup
6 or 8 pk Diet Coke or Pepsi Max bottles (not cans because cans go flat before I can drink it all)
12 pk or 8 pk cans Berry flavored Le Croix sparkling water (pink box) I have a new fizzy flavored water habit, it makes me happy just do it.
if they are on sale, either a few Vitamin Water 10's or Powerade Zeros. Don't care what flavor, you pick.
1 bag cheese sunchips - orange bag
1 pk cookies - pick something yummy

Produce:
3 or 4 medium size apples - honeycrisp, gala, fuji, pink lady. anything but red or golden delicious or granny smith. you'll get macintosh
3 or 5 lb bag Cutie clementines
3 or 4 GREEN bananas

Deli:
1/2 lb pepper jack cheese
1/2 lb swiss cheese
1/2 lb american or mild cheddar or colby cheese whatever is cheaper
1 lb turkey, sandwich sliced
1 lb ham, shaved

Frozen:
1 box Gorton's yellow box BATTERED Fish TENDERS not filets or sticks
1 bag OreIda regular or alphabet tater tots
2 frozen pizzas - score if they have Home Run Inn brand. Cheese or sausage, Jackson will not eat pepperoni anymore.
1 box ice cream treats like drumsticks or ice cream sandwiches
1 bag party ice if we don't have an icemaker

Baby section:
1 pk 33ct Huggies Pull Ups LEARNING DESIGN not Cool Alert boy's size 4T/5T

Household:
Kitchen recycling can - look for either a step can or swing lid like Jackson's diaper pail can upstairs or the one we have in the kitchen now.
Kitchen trash can - same as above.

No donuts, ramen noodles, mac and cheese or OREOS?

and you call that grocery shopping?

No donuts, ramen noodles, mac and cheese or OREOS?

and you call that grocery shopping?

They may not be on the list but that doesn't mean Mistah isn't buying them.

LOL, y'all he just called me and asked if I would like him to buy snore strips for him or earplugs for me, because he knows he snores and he doesn't want to keep me up. I have ALWAYS complained about his snoring, and I've bought him stuff to try in the past but he never used it. Well now he is being all considerate and sweet to me and I was like "wow you must really miss me" and he said "yeah after all the **** I've been through the past three months, literally, I miss you a lot!" and I laughed and was like "oh, so I'm looking pretty good now huh?"

HA HA HA I think he has learned his "do not take your awesome wife for granted" lesson. It's about **** time!

What no Snickers?

How will you feed Moose without them?

I don't get this...

...but I tell you what, after we're settled in and I'm back to cooking dinners one night I am going to make pasta and put it in the colander to drain, and then unwrap a Baby Ruth and set it on top. And then call Mr. in to come and help me or something and freak him the hell out!

Ha ha ha ha I'm so nasty!!!!

Your list is very detailed, I think he will do pretty good....curious to see what he thinks a sale price on Powerade and Vitamin Water would be (if they are on sale, either a few Vitamin Water 10's or Powerade Zeros. Don't care what flavor, you pick.)

He will come home with at least 6 items not on the list and say that he thought you would like him to get those as well...lol

Back