What's new

I am sending Mr. to the store for some things for the new house

I've got a pretty good memory and I don't normally just "make up" random **** and post it if that's what you're getting at....Do I have actual proof that she said everyone should feed their kids a snickers for dinner? Well no....I don't, as I don't copy and paste threads from 5 years ago in hopes that one day they might actually help me win an argument....do you have proof that she stated that about the fruit snacks....since I don't recall her saying that about the fruit snacks then your entire argument MUST be bullshit, right?

the reason I remember it so vividly is because it's ridiculous, anyone in THEIR RIGHT MIND knows that it's not HEALTHY at all to be eating a **** snickers in the first place, much less giving one to your kid as a meal replacer.....SHE's a lunchlady for christ sakes and should know about the 4 (or however the many hell there are)food groups!

Grains, fruit, veggies, dairy, meat, and Snickers.

You may want to check and see if the local grocery stores have an option where you can order the groceries on line and pick them up in store, several of my stores have that option and it is either free or low cost (under $5)

Gotta remember Reagan came up with the idea that ketchup is a veggie to reduce school lunch costs. :lol:

Ahhh, I got a little misty - the good old days! (no I'm not kidding about the good old days part.)

mmmmmm government cheese!!

He went and did the best he could - he sent me a pic of the juice aisle and it was cleared out due to Snowmaggedon. :( There were a few things he couldn't find or that he did substitutes for, but he goes shopping with me quite a bit so he's not a total foreigner to the store.

When checking out at the Super WM, he said the checkout lines went all the way to the back of the store to the electronics section! He was waiting in line to checkout over 45 minutes. What a trooper!

And after that, he got to the new house where he couldn't get to the door because the snow is waist deep! So he shoveled for 2 hours to make a path to the door to get in and unload the groceries. He finally got to pick up some drive through for dinner around 9:30 pm, and was going to MIL's to do laundry, pack and crash.

I called Southwest tonight to check on flights and according to them, there are some delayed flights tomorrow morning from BWI to MDW but after those early AM flights everything should be back on schedule. So....fingers crossed....it looks like he will actually get home. Hooray!

P.S. After everything we went through last year, I actually WANT him to come home...HOORAY!!!! :)

He went and did the best he could - he sent me a pic of the juice aisle and it was cleared out due to Snowmaggedon. :( There were a few things he couldn't find or that he did substitutes for, but he goes shopping with me quite a bit so he's not a total foreigner to the store.

P.S. After everything we went through last year, I actually WANT him to come home...HOORAY!!!! :)

I am so glad you are happy! :cartwheel:

I've got a pretty good memory and I don't normally just "make up" random **** and post it if that's what you're getting at....Do I have actual proof that she said everyone should feed their kids a snickers for dinner? Well no....I don't, as I don't copy and paste threads from 5 years ago in hopes that one day they might actually help me win an argument....do you have proof that she stated that about the fruit snacks....since I don't recall her saying that about the fruit snacks then your entire argument MUST be bullshit, right?

the reason I remember it so vividly is because it's ridiculous, anyone in THEIR RIGHT MIND knows that it's not HEALTHY at all to be eating a **** snickers in the first place, much less giving one to your kid as a meal replacer.....SHE's a lunchlady for christ sakes and should know about the 4 (or however the many hell there are)food groups!
I remember this and i say this bc i got involved in this
i'm really big about kids nutrition and how healthy school lunches are (sarcasm here). I told her that makes no since b.c the fat content outweighs any nutritional value that the candy bar has AND it also doesn't teach the child good eating habbits at that age to be feeding them that kind of stuff.
i was told shut up and several other people defended her and i was like well that's why your all witching you can't lose weight and dropped out of the converstation. mean thought i know but f&*** she was in charge of feeding kids lunches and had no clue what was good for them but was convinced that snickers had a valid nutritional value for LUNCH! ?????

....was convinced that snickers had a valid nutritional value for LUNCH! ?????

I'm crushed. Snickers don't have valid nutritional value for lunch? Next I suppose you are going to tell me there isn't an Easter Bunny?

Here KIDS dinner's ready!!!!

800px-snickers_opened.jpg

I'm crushed. Snickers don't have valid nutritional value for lunch? Next I suppose you are going to tell me there isn't an Easter Bunny?

Just don't listen to them - they're makin' this crap up.

Any chance I could substitute a Take 5 bar for a Snickers??? Tryin' to plan my lunches for next week. :hides: :snicker:

Back