What's new

I can't stand Oprah, has she no shame?

No he was beat up and tied to a post downstairs as his wife and kids were raped and beaten. The dirtbags then sent the wife to the bank to take out I think, 10,000. She then informed the bank to call the cops because what was going down at her house. She then went back and gave the money to the men thinking they'd leave. The husband escaped but was too late, his daughters and wife were killed and the cops did nothing to help because they didn't know if it was real or not.
Wow, that's sick.

Will she say anything to get a reaction for tv?

I'm offended by her insulting treatment of Dr.William Petit Jr., the man who had his wife & 2 young daughters raped, tortured, then burned alive by those animals in Connecticut. The crime was so brutal, the animals who committed the crimes were just sentenced to death, something that rarely happens in CT.

Oprah had the nerve to ask Dr. Petit if he could forgive the murderers. WTF!!!!
Okay, I totally read 'the man who had his wife raped...' as 'the man that HAD (ie: paid for, had someone do it) it done to them'...so I wondered why she'd ask if he forgave them if he was the one wanting it done.

I don't like Oprah at all...but people are always asked if they can forgive those that commit horrid crimes against them or their families. I can't imagine it would be an easy thing to do, to put it lightly.

My jr. high gym teacher was named Mrs. ****.

Oh the fun we had with that.

My HS algebra teacher had the same name...we never had to nerve to ask if her husband's name was Harry.

I had read about this poor poor man. There just aren't words for his story. Oprah hasn't been watchable in years. Boorish and self righteous. He is an educated man, hopefully he let loose the cracken on her.

Prolly not tho. He probably has too much class for that.

Oprah was a 'likeable' person when she first took over A.M Chicago from Robb Weller.I haven't watched in years & can't stand her. She acts so superior & holds herself above everyone else.I read 3 of her book selections & they sucked big time. I love to read most anything but those were some boring **** depressing books.

I do & still love her in The Color Purple but Whoopi was better.

That poor man-i followed the case on Nancy Grace & it took monsters to do that to a family. To ask him if he'd forgive them? Let him be. Somebody did that to my family-i'd never forgive. Why do people think you need to forgive others for such heinous things?

Ok in the clip I saw all she said was do you think you could ever forgive him? (or something like that)

She interviews people.....it was a question.

I don't know why peeps wanna hate on her. She's done well for herself and gives lots back and has been GREAT for Chicago.

And she's a helluvalot nicer than I would be if I was a billionaire ****! :snicker:

I can't help, in all of these type of situations, wonder how much the husband is involved. I just can't help it. It's just automatic. I instantly think, "The husband did it." In one way or another.

I watched one of the last "favorite things" epoisodes. She did two for her final season. I thought she seemed completely disconnected. In the past she would actually talk about why the product was one of her favorite things and you really got the sense that she used whatever product it was. This time it just seemed like she was rushing through giving out gift after gift to show how generous she was. Each item she showed of course got a huge round of tears and applause, but she just seemed so hollow.

I just remember a couple of years ago she said that everybody need to get these $90 sweat pants. Yeah right let me run out and get some. She is out of touch with everyday people.

I can't help, in all of these type of situations, wonder how much the husband is involved. I just can't help it. It's just automatic. I instantly think, "The husband did it." In one way or another.

He wasn't.....it was a random crime. Did you read the article?

Oprah sucks. So does Ellen.

So do you. My reason? I have none, but neither did you for your post (at least you didn't mention one).

(psst....just wondering why you don't like the gals, but you didn't feel like sharing a REASON)

I watched one of the last "favorite things" epoisodes. She did two for her final season. I thought she seemed completely disconnected. In the past she would actually talk about why the product was one of her favorite things and you really got the sense that she used whatever product it was. This time it just seemed like she was rushing through giving out gift after gift to show how generous she was. Each item she showed of course got a huge round of tears and applause, but she just seemed so hollow.

So what's the issue here? Oh she gave away things too quickly so she could give away more than she had in the past. :rolleyes:

She doesn't actually pay for anything that she gives away. She has someone from her company contact the companies that make the products and asks them to donate them. She really doesn't do squat until she's actually on the show giving them away.
My dh works for Panasonic and they've called them a couple of times about donating the Favorite Things.

Well that's a big STOOPID :duh: Of course that happens.....we're not talking about Girl Scout cookies here.....big items, lots of people. Oprah matches peeps who could use **** with the companies who could use the advertising. Are you really that naive?

I don't really see the problem with that question as it is one that Oprah seems to ask on a regular basis.

As for Oprah's favorite things....who cares what she gives out? It's all about advertising. I don't see Oprah as frugal and therefore she would not be wearing or giving out a $5 pair of sweats. I also think Oprah appeals to a higher class than shows such as Jerry Springer or Maury. I don't think Oprah cares if she is out of touch from reality b/c it won't really hurt her bottom line.

So do you. My reason? I have none, but neither did you for your post (at least you didn't mention one).

(psst....just wondering why you don't like the gals, but you didn't feel like sharing a REASON)

So what's the issue here? Oh she gave away things too quickly so she could give away more than she had in the past. :rolleyes:

Well that's a big STOOPID :duh: Of course that happens.....we're not talking about Girl Scout cookies here.....big items, lots of people. Oprah matches peeps who could use **** with the companies who could use the advertising. Are you really that naive?

Someone is getting a wee bit defensive, LOL.

Kaeg1 is a friend of mine (IRL...not like a tv person friend or anything)...not only does she not suck, she's pretty ****ing awesome.

That's all I'll bother to reply to. ;)

Oprah interrupts EVERY SINGLE PERSON SHE HAS ON HER SHOW! I hate it!!!!! She gets great people on her show and very interesting people as well but **** could she stop and think, THIS IS ABOUT THE PERSON THAT I AM INTERVIEWING SO LET ME LET THEM FINISH THEIR COMMENT BEFORE I GO ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

I like her magazine though, those are complete sentence interviews with no interruption, but it never really looks like her on the cover does it!?

She also is very very strict and impersonal with the audience at her show. My mom and sister won tickets to go and my mom hates her now because she was really rude and condescending to the audience. I prefer Ellen!

QUOTE]

My point was that she just seemed to be going through the motions and didn't have any connection to the products she was handing out. I was totally unconvinced that these were products she gave two craps about, much less them being her "favorite" things. Just seemed so contrived. I agree with a few previous posters that she has changed over the years, and not for the better. I think all the money and fame has taken its toll and left her a shell of the strong, intelligent woman she once was.

And Jeez - Mrsmom - why do you have to call people stupid all the time and tell them they suck just for having an opinion. I guess it makes you feel better about your own little life.

Wow....Rebecca I love you and all...but are you on the Oprah payroll or what?

So what if she "always" asks will you be able to forgive so and so....who cares....I hope that man said Hell no I won't forgive them and I won't be content until I melt their faces off with a blowtorch....

and who "believes" anything Oprah promotes anyhow? She advocated SLIM FAST for christ sakes and look where that got her....

people are on that show in the hopes of getting free ****....pure and simple.....

Originally Posted by sashafras View Post
She doesn't actually pay for anything that she gives away. She has someone from her company contact the companies that make the products and asks them to donate them. She really doesn't do squat until she's actually on the show giving them away.
My dh works for Panasonic and they've called them a couple of times about donating the Favorite Things.

Yep, most celebs are now on Tweeter hocking stuff that they are getting paid to advertise but do it in a hey, I just discovered this fab product that you should try to and proceed to just happen to have the website available for you to view kind of way. Tweeter is becoming a wasteland for free advertising.

Klhoe Karstrashian (misspelled intentionally) is the queen of this.

Back