What's new

I need a new washer....suggestions, please!

survivor

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We had the repair guy out today and it would cost to much for him to fix the washer. Now I have to try to find a bargin. Any suggestions?

I hate my front loader... I'd go back to top loader in a heartbeat.

Sears Outlet if you have one around you.

Ditto. I have a front load Kenmore and I LOOOVE it. I guess it's just personal preference. I had tried at my sisters and got one of my own- same model and everything but I think it's going on10 years old now.

If you can hold out til Labor day they generally have a bit of a bigger sale, but totally understand if you need it ASAP! Sometimes they also have codes/ q's to use you get from the website for a few more % off good out the outlet.

Sorry... I think there is still a sears outlet in Crestwood. on 127th & pulaski.
1. Another option is to go for the open box and ask the manager for a discount.
2. Find a price online and call ABT electronics for a price match + 10% discount

Sears Outlet if you have one around you.

I was thinking about an outlet store. I see couponers think a like. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sign up for the mover's program at HD for a 10% 1 time discount if you are so inclined.

Not a Maytag or Whirpool (same company) mine is about 5 years old - cost over $700 and I have put over $500 in repairs in it.

And their customer service is a complete joke!

Do NOT get a front loader! They still is an issue with mold growing in the door and they recommend you wipe it out after a load or leave the door open. Now they even sell "washing machine freshner" or something like that because of the mold issue.

The front seal (rubber thing) typically does not have enough drainage and that's where the problem occurs. Many people will say "oh, it's not a problem, I clean it once a week" but do you want to do that?

The sell top loaders that are as efficient as front loaders. You also don't have to worry about clearance for 2 doors to open (washer and dryer).

I was going to suggest the Sears Outlet as well. We bought a new dryer there maybe 8 years ago. There was the smallest, smallest dent in the back of the dryer but since it backs up to a wall, who would ever know about it (besides us, right?)

Because of the little dent, we got 150.00 off on it so it fit right in with how much we wanted to spend.

I need to make a trip over there myself since our washer and dryer have been acting funny and both need to be replaced.

The Sears out here in Homer Glen on 159th/Bell is becoming a Kmart so they are clearancing out the kitchen /clothes/auto/bedding/ect.. so if you are not to far it is worth a try..I think it is 20% off right now for the washers/dryers..

Another option is either Costco or Sams Club.

We have a Maytag Front Loader and stackable dryer. It is almost 2 years old. So far so good. We bought it at Home Depot. At the time it was cheaper to purchase on line with free delivery and haul away then in the store.

But I do leave the door open a couple of times a week at night. I don't want the mold.

Get a Speed Queen. When we had to get a new washer and dryer we talked with our repair guy and he told us to get a Speed Queen. He has recomendations on his website. You should check it out. It list all the types made and he gives them a rating based on how offten they need to be fix. Its a place to start.

www.allbrandservicenaperville.com

I got a new-to-me washer on Craigslist last year for $150.

Our dryer died in the flood....we need a new one.....have been hanging clothes for a couple of weeks now, tired of everything being crunchy.

Trying to decide whether to buy used again or new.

DH would prefer new due to delivery and trust factor, but I don't really trust most companies to stand behind their products long nowdays anyhow, appliance manufacturers are not like they used to be....

So my opinion is ...why not take a chance on a newish used one, save half the price but you have to haul yourself most likely. And of course you may end up with a dud, but something like a dryer seems harder to break than some other things?

about 2 yrs ago my dryer went out , I spent 8 hrs running around every store for deal i started up at Lowe's and sears outlet ( every where in between ) ended up back at Lowe's best deal for me. This 4th of July when my washer broke i bought it at Lowe's in 15 minutes had it delivered and installed in a day / they also have a 30 day price match i kept looking didn't find anything better . I also bought a top loading HE and when the guy's installed it they said smart move over front loading -had lots of problems with fl

You guys are awesome! I ask and you deliver. DH and I are going to looking this evening. If it was up to me I would take a chance on used but, to keep peace in my house we're going for new.:lol::lol::lol:

Back