What's new

Is it Ping Pong or table tennis?

Is it table tennis or ping pong?

• Total voters
I think they are the same thing, but the official name for the sport is Table Tennis. However, in my country we call it Ping Pong so, my vote goes for this one.

I'm from down south in Georgia. So you know I got to say Ping Pong! That's what I have always heard it called. I actually love to play Ping Pong even though I'm not good at all! You don't have to be good to have fun!

I don't think this sport is garbage, I used to enjoy it when I was little, now... not so much. But still, there are alot of people who practice it and we shouldn't offend them.

I don't think this sport is garbage, I used to enjoy it when I was little, now... not so much. But still, there are alot of people who practice it and we shouldn't offend them.

LOL I'm not being offensive... I am being my usual say it as it is self. Plus I have just woke up... I rant when i wake because the world is such a happy wonderful place full of ping-pong table tennis players...

It is a beautiful game really... i just think it is garbage.

Okay I settled with beautiful and garbage... will that do your honor? :bowdown:

OK, I'll settle for that.

PS. For the love of God, have a coffee! :)))

For me, it's table tennis. Because it's exactly the same as normal tennis, except it's on a table. Thus, the name "Table Tennis" is used.

Something about table tennis just sounds like such a wannabe sport. I figure ping pong is just its own game, table tennis sounds like it wishes it could be real tennis. Oh well.

An interesting question. I call it both ways, depending of the day. I do not like watching it as a sport, it looks kind of dull. But i like playing it, its is good fun when playing with friends.

We call it table tennis here, though people call it ping pong as slang. I prefer table tennis. Afterall the sport is pretty much literally miniature tennis on a table. It sounds more dignified as well.

Are we not splitting hairs! Its the same thing isnt it. Not sure. But we all know what you mean haha. What does Wikipedia say?

I think they're the same game, though I'm used to calling it table tennis rather than ping pong.

Both are wrong, it's "Beer Pong" hahaha, just joking. I have always called it Ping Pong, and table tennis just sounds so uptight. Almost like you'd have to be a rich british guy smoking a cigar with a glass of Jack Danieles in order to call it table tennis, just my opinion.

I think I will go with Ping Pong, sounds better to me.

I think that when its for fun it's ping pong, but when its in a competition it is Table Tennis. It just sounds much more official.

I think that when its for fun it's ping pong, but when its in a competition it is Table Tennis. It just sounds much more official.

Yes, absolutely. I agree with you. When I play with my friends, we call it ping pong. But table tennis sounds more professional...

Portland timbers, you really made me laugh! lol :rofl:

Serious players call it Table tennis while recreational players mostly call it Ping Pong. In China, it is still widely known as Ping Pong though Table tennis is the official name of the sports.

In the words of Boris Johnson, i think you will all find the correct title is 'Wiff Waff'

Back