What's new

I've probably done this before... list 5 things that are on your desk

My watch
a blue highlighter pen
a black Sharpie
a 3M container of page markers
an "AA" battery and I have no idea if it's dead or not.

A pen holder which is full of pens and pencils - half of which don't work!
A notepad with kittens on it, too pretty to use.
A calculator.
A box full of software CDs.
A piggy bank - with nothing in it lol

Some sort of computer-related connector
A single earring
My regular glasses
A print-out of a recipe of mine for batter bread
A new package of printer ink I may never use because my printer is going senile

I've probably done this before...

Nice list. What's furniture polish? :D

Yeah, idk, I think it's for wood furniture, or so the pictures suggest. Not actually mine. :)

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

lol, senile printer...

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

1. A printer without ink
2. A pink, fuzzy mock
3. My hands
4. Grey paint
5. A note that says "$176". I have no idea what that relates to.

These are the items that are currently on my desk:

1) Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. This is a book written by the great Hunter S. Thompson.

2) One glass jar full of pens and pencils, which are mostly snapped or out of ink. The jar once contained humbug sweets, but I knew this jar had much more potential. Isn't recycling fun?

3) One box of beer/ale, which contains 12 cans. It did contain 12 cans of the same brand, but I added a few cans of draught to the box.

4) One bits and bobs bag. This bag contains ram chips, spare hard drives, screws, batteries and other little accessories.

5) My Homer Simpson mug coaster. I love to put my lovely warm cups of tea on it. Yes, I'm from the United Kingdom. I love my tea!

These are the items that are currently on my desk:

1) Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. This is a book written by the great Hunter S. Thompson.

2) One glass jar full of pens and pencils, which are mostly snapped or out of ink. The jar once contained humbug sweets, but I knew this jar had much more potential. Isn't recycling fun?

3) One box of beer/ale, which contains 12 cans. It did contain 12 cans of the same brand, but I added a few cans of draught to the box.

4) One bits and bobs bag. This bag contains ram chips, spare hard drives, screws, batteries and other little accessories.

5) My Homer Simpson mug coaster. I love to put my lovely warm cups of tea on it. Yes, I'm from the United Kingdom. I love my tea!

--I'm from Canada, B.C. I have a Marvin the Martian mug for my lovely warm cups of tea, which I also love! However, I don't have a bits and bobs bag. In my study, that is what surfaces are for.:good:

--I'm from Canada, B.C. I have a Marvin the Martian mug for my lovely warm cups of tea, which I also love! However, I don't have a bits and bobs bag. In my study, that is what surfaces are for.:good:

Nice to meet another fellow tea drinker! People like us will rule the world. Maybe I wouldn't go as far as the world, but I like to brainwash people that drink coffee. I guess that counts for something.

I'm probably the only person weird enough to have a bag full of hardware and random junk on his desk. I don't mind it though. As long as I can see the monitor.

I actually need to clean my desk off. It's at that point where it looks as though I've just thrown random rubbish on top of it. I just tell people it's fashion. Everybody has a messy desk in our days. It makes you look like a busy person. My dream would be to have an office. Then I could scatter pens, folders, and stacks of paper all over the place. I'm sure it would make me look like a good worker.

Nice to meet another fellow tea drinker! People like us will rule the world. Maybe I wouldn't go as far as the world, but I like to brainwash people that drink coffee. I guess that counts for something.

I'm probably the only person weird enough to have a bag full of hardware and random junk on his desk. I don't mind it though. As long as I can see the monitor.

I actually need to clean my desk off. It's at that point where it looks as though I've just thrown random rubbish on top of it. I just tell people it's fashion. Everybody has a messy desk in our days. It makes you look like a busy person. My dream would be to have an office. Then I could scatter pens, folders, and stacks of paper all over the place. I'm sure it would make me look like a good worker.

Hey! That's what I tell everybody! Including myself! "I can't take the time to put that empty junk mail envelope in the garbage; I'm much too busy playing Thread Games on GF." Except when it comes to the part about "Thread Games on GF", it's more like, "I'm much to busy mumble mummble (sips tea)."

One of the great advantages of having a messy desk is that you always have something to list in this thread. That's another thing I tell myself.

1. cell phone
2. casing
3. head phone
4. lcd
5. nothing else for now.

I'm gonna change up and a bit and do this in pictures. :)

Monitor base:
View attachment 3995

External HD, lead to attach anything that needs a mini USB mostly for my MP3 players, wooden nickel, plastic Crucifix, 8 GB flash drive, ceramic turtle, Zippo, Bic lighter.

Main Work Area:

View attachment 3996

Tucked behind the monitor stand is the wireless receiver for my desktop's KB and mouse and a 6 port belkin hub, desktop keyboard, wrist rest, mouse for desktop, mouse for Mac, and speakers. On the wall is a calendar from my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Right side of work area:
View attachment 3993

Pen cup, vanilla candle, post it notes, gum, remote, and lead for my Sansdisk MP3 player which requires a special connector
pill.png

Secondary Desk:
View attachment 3992
Mac mini, 4 port hub, (rarely used) printer, beenie baby (gift from someone way back), notepad, crackers, paper towels, Skype phone, External DVD writer, tucked in back is an external HD for my Mac which is split between time machine and iTunes, wallet, and HD from old laptop is under paper towels.

Rest of Secondary Desk:

View attachment 3994
Bills, checkbook, house phone, pencil sharpner, stapler, lighter fluid, sunglasses, and corner of wireless Apple keyboard.

Yah, I was bored this morning.

Attachments

• Second Desk.jpg
    Second Desk.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 14
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Second desk extended.jpg
    Second desk extended.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 13
  • monitor stand.jpg
    monitor stand.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 13
  • work area.jpg
    work area.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
Here's some of the stuff in my mess room:

Home PC (box on the right hand side), stack (center) with IPTV receiver, PS2, VCR and monitor, and other assorted things:

View attachment 4000

A bookshelf with my most important computer books:

View attachment 3999

Shelves with CDs, DVDs, and games:

View attachment 4001

:Smiley_Face:

Attachments

• bookshelf.jpg
    bookshelf.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 11
  • homepc.jpg
    homepc.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
  • cdboards.jpg
    cdboards.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 12
Oh man are those C manuals on the far right in hard cardboard shells? It sounds crazy but I cannot tell you how much I miss them. My DOS 5.0 manual was a binder in a hard cardboard shell. I even had a couple of IBM manuals like that too. There's something to be said for holding a book in your hand vs. scanning thru a PDF like most manuals are these days.

Oh man are those C manuals on the far right in hard cardboard shells? It sounds crazy but I cannot tell you how much I miss them. My DOS 5.0 manual was a binder in a hard cardboard shell. I even had a couple of IBM manuals like that too. There's something to be said for holding a book in your hand vs. scanning thru a PDF like most manuals are these days.

Nope, they're only hardcover issues of the latest British (BSI) C and C++ standard documents. :)

BUT, I like those hard cardboard (or plastic) binders as well. In fact, I still have umpteen of them for my own documents, plus those classic ones that came with various software, like the Manx Aztec C compiler or the Lattice / SAS C Compiler for the Amiga. :) (I also had such binders for the Amiga 3000 manuals, but I sold them with the machine)

I prefer books or binders as well. Navigation in PDF documents can be pretty clumsy, especially if you have a PDF file with a couple thousand pages. ;)

Unfortunately, it's the large documents that are almost impossible to print, even with double-sided printing ... once I wrecked an HP printer by trying to print out the FORTH standard, with over 1,000 pages. ;)

Monster, your room looks old. :p (sepia tone) lol

Monster, your room looks old. :p (sepia tone) lol

Yeah ... my cell phone camera sucks so bad, the images were all grainy and stuff, and I thought post-processing them would be a good idea. I ran them thru a lomography filter and then thru an "old image" filter in The GIMP. ;)

They do look like photos from the 1920ies or so! ;) (I actually have such photos from old relatives)

Anyway, sometimes I do feel like a relic from the past! ;)

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Imagine someone from the 1920ies would find this! ;) ( "Err ... what the hell IS that?" )

I've probably done this before...

Pencils
Notepad
Hole punch
Coffee mug
and an angry office worker toy who shoots a machine gun while spinning around in circles!!

Back