What's new

Karaoke Haters

Dear Mr. Kettle and Mr. Pot;

Normally, I'd have some really cool thing to toss in the pile.... so I'm biting my tongue....

the research is still ongoing and I'll let you know what I find out....

Thunder said:
OK who should I chuck them at?:tribiggrin:

Amazing because I go all the way back to the 80's and I stopped playing music between karaoke songs in the early 90's! I agree with you about the rude obnoxious KJs though! I remember seeing one who would actually stand in front of the women at his show and pull their faces into his crotch, I always thought that was pretty rude!

You are correct on this one, I had a KJ come into one of my shows and offered to trade songs with me I told him no and he said he would sell me any songs I would like! I asked him to bring me the disc in and I would take a look, he said he didn't have any disc! This guy popped up on the scene for the first time about five years ago!

Hey, I think I know who you are talking about.....guy's just all full of himself? Thinks he's a real ladies man?

Sound Choice said:
I don't know if you are really that arrogant or that clueless to be admitting running and trying to promote such a scheme in a public forum. But thanks, it makes my lawyer's job that much easier.

"He who hath no clue, shouldn't be promoting illegal schemes".

Kurt Slep
Sound Choice

I'm not sure your lawyers job is all that difficult to begin with. To many of your detractors here, it seems that all your lawyer is doing is printing up and inserting names on a form letter, stuffing it into an envelope, putting a stamp on and mailing it.

Once I actually see someone in a court room, I will change my perception of your tactics and intentions pertaining to these lawsuits. Your back and forth with potential defendents in a public forum leave me shaking my head and wondering as well. The lines here have obviously been clearly drawn, sides on this have been chosen. I would think that you would be more concerned with positive promotion of your product, as opposed to taunting your potential defendents. That seems to be already taken care of here at no charge.

I keep getting emails from Karaoke king. I forwarded the email to Sound Choice and not even a thank you return email.

I finally told the guy I did it and he said he didn't care, He doesn't sell SC. Even if that was the case, he is doing something illegal and I thought I would pass it on to the ones I hear are trying to fix the problem.

I guess expecting a return email as a thanks was my fault.

Big Joe said:
I'm not sure your lawyers job is all that difficult to begin with. To many of your detractors here, it seems that all your lawyer is doing is printing up and inserting names on a form letter, stuffing it into an envelope, putting a stamp on and mailing it.

Once I actually see someone in a court room, I will change my perception of your tactics and intentions pertaining to these lawsuits. Your back and forth with potential defendents in a public forum leave me shaking my head and wondering as well. The lines here have obviously been clearly drawn, sides on this have been chosen. I would think that you would be more concerned with positive promotion of your product, as opposed to taunting your potential defendents. That seems to be already taken care of here at no charge.

Big Joe,

Wait a minute! Wasn't it nutz who stated that he had contacted SC and everything was all straightened out? It would appear from the response that he was incorrect on that assumption!

Nigel put his "process" online on his website for all to see, do you believe that maybe that was just a little arrogant?

What I described in my response to nutz was actual fact, I do have personal knowledge of it because I was one of the parties involved! So it isn't a he said she said issue!

As far as a case making it to court, watch carefully the Virginia, there will be at least one "NUT" who will fulfill that for you!

Thunder said:
Big Joe,

Wait a minute! Wasn't it nutz who stated that he had contacted SC and everything was all straightened out? It would appear from the response that he was incorrect on that assumption!

Nigel put his "process" online on his website for all to see, do you believe that maybe that was just a little arrogant?

What I described in my response to nutz was actual fact, I do have personal knowledge of it because I was one of the parties involved! So it isn't a he said she said issue!

As far as a case making it to court, watch carefully the Virginia, there will be at least one "NUT" who will fulfill that for you!

I'm talking about the entire process, and all involved. Not only this situation.

Have a great weekend all, I'm packing up the boys and heading off for a couple days at the lake.

Sound Choice said:
We get requests to put our content into "dummy automated systems" all the time, but we are firm believers that a GOOD host can really make a difference in a show and generate enough additional revenue to pay for themselves compared to the money the bar hopes to save.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself, "What business am I in and what is my function?" If you are just "playing songs", yes, you can be replaced with an automated jukebox (almost) but if you are an entertainer that engages the audience and provides encouragement and strokes your singer's' egos and gets them coming back each week or suggest songs that would make them sound better because they're better suited to their range or style, etc., YOU can't be replaced by a jukebox.

Excellent post. They tried automated systems around here awhile back- the big red cavs style jukebox with mics, cash operated, with some effects as well.... No go.

Crappy sound, and no one with the expertise to improve it. All singers set up the pretty much the same way.

Any tech problem and the night is over.

No rotation control- meaning mic hogs, meaning altercations. Also one bad singer all night to drive out patrons- or even one or two good ones doing the same through monotony.

No one to help with the confidence problems of new singers, or answer questions.

No energy builder/mood enhancer.

In short, no good host.

Lots of dust on those things now. Not ONE success in the area in a public venue..

Karl Langford said:
I keep getting emails from Karaoke king. I forwarded the email to Sound Choice and not even a thank you return email.

I finally told the guy I did it and he said he didn't care, He doesn't sell SC. Even if that was the case, he is doing something illegal and I thought I would pass it on to the ones I hear are trying to fix the problem.

I guess expecting a return email as a thanks was my fault.

Which "Karaoke King", there are several by that name that are offering products for sale? And I don't know how you tried to contact us, but often emails end up in spam, so it might not have been received. OR if you sent it to KIAA, we don't always get those emails forwarded to us. Also, while we wish we could get faster results out of the legal system, sometimes it takes us a long time to accumulate the right amount of information to be able to go forward with an action. And sometimes we even make multiple purchases from around the country from the same individual to show the extent of their illegal activities. If you go to the KIAA site and look up the case against (http://www.thekiaa.org/images/ ), y...org/images/WARRANT_for_Bill_Bene_DanStern.pdf

THANKS in advance.

Sound Choice said:
Illegal as HE##! Unless he has obtained rights from publishers and the karaoke producers. Which, I know he has not. As I keep saying "just because you can do something technically, does not mean you have the rights to do so legally."

Kinda like selling karaoke tracks and giving licensees permission to DUPLICATE those tracks without getting permission from the ORIGINAL artists/copyright holders to allow said digital duplicates.

But telling the purchaser that they only have permission to duplicate the TRADEMARK, and that the original copyright holder "probably" wont go after them must make it legal.

JoeChartreuse said:
Excellent post. They tried automated systems around here awhile back- the big red cavs style jukebox with mics, cash operated, with some effects as well.... No go.

Crappy sound, and no one with the expertise to improve it. All singers set up the pretty much the same way.

Any tech problem and the night is over.

No rotation control- meaning mic hogs, meaning altercations. Also one bad singer all night to drive out patrons- or even one or good ones doing the same through monotony.

No one to help with the confidence problems of new singers, or answer questions.

No energy builder/mood enhancer.

In short, no good host.

Lots of dust on those things now. Not ONE success in the area in a public venue..

That is because we are not in Japan... The Japanese karaoke bars don't need a host... and many times the bartender is the one that collects the slips for the songs... No intro, no nothing... when your song title comes up, you'd better haul **** to the stage. And it will more often than not, cost you to sing a song.

However, here in the U.S., we are not quite as civilized or organized. We need a host to make order out of chaos. And that host can be as simple as a "name caller" or as elaborate as an "entertainer."

In either case these days, they pay about the same.

I'm going to reserve any comment on the "Kurt vs. Nigel" title bout because I believe that there are some key facts that are missing....

Okay Im going to ask only once. do not use this site to name folks as it is not a legal site. We dont hold any legal rights to pirates or legit Karaoke folks. Kurt shame on you naming a name in this forum. I will ask only once that it doesn't happen again.

Jon Tuck said:
Okay Im going to ask only once. do not use this site to name folks as it is not a legal site. We dont hold any legal rights to pirates or legit Karaoke folks. Kurt shame on you naming a name in this forum. I will ask only once that it doesn't happen again.

Jon,

It is public information!

Jon Tuck said:

Also this forum is now set to "Members Only" not even making it "Public"....

Thunder said:
Jon,

It is public information!

But it's not a public forum in the sense that your tax dollars are paying for it -- it is a private forum. The terms of use are set by the owner and moderators.

Their rules and determinations, are all that matter here. The only rights you have here, are those extended to you by the owner/operators ;)

I think I'm going to opt out of all boards, EXCEPT the kroakie board! :triwink:

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.jpg

OUR Dog Doesn't bite, don't know about others' dogs.

Manobeer said:
Kinda like selling karaoke tracks and giving licensees permission to DUPLICATE those tracks without getting permission from the ORIGINAL artists/copyright holders to allow said digital duplicates.

But telling the purchaser that they only have permission to duplicate the TRADEMARK, and that the original copyright holder "probably" wont go after them must make it legal.

WRONG - I consistently and clearly state that we can only grant rights for that which we can grant them and that when we provide permission for something we state exactly what it is we are providing permission for and that we cannot warrant anything in regards to third parties in regards to THEIR PORTION of the Intellectual Property Rights. Stating that third parties "probably" won't go after them for the media shift when they have been paid their royalties is our opinion and that of other Karaoke producers and not a legal position. Here we are being totally transparent in stating what it is we are granting and outlining that the user has potential risks for proceeding with the format/media shift.

You are trying to wrongly create a "Does your dog bite?" comparison, whereas if you were being honest, you would have to admit that we have been clear in stating IN ADVANCE that "Whereas OUR dog won't bite, THAT'S NOT OUR dog!".

and again Mr Slep states he isnt giving legal permission only SC permission. thanks Kurt for again clarifying.

Back