What's new

Kohl's almost denied coupon "you're american and need to use an English coupon"

Re: Kohl's denied coupon because "you're american and need to use an English coupon"

Pam I think like you, but sadly the problem is that English is not the official language of the US....it should be, but it's not.

It might not be no
but its the language of commerce through the whole WORLD. not just in america.

On a happy shopping note....Fannie Mae let me use 5 q's this afternoon and even made me boxes just over $10. Got about $61 worth of chocolate for around $12. :cartwheel:

Sati I'll need you for Sears in a couple of weeks when I go back to Sears. The :asshat: who checked me out was so busy chatting with his co-workers that he forgot to take the securtiy tag off a shirt I bought for DH. The security sensors didn't catch it either. I started to wrap it tonight and found it. Now I have to go back. I am not going near Woodfield after today!

I already called the customer care line for Sears, they're sending a $10 gift card for my trouble. Hell with the $10, I want a driver who will drop me at the door so I don't have to park! :lol:

i hear ya there. I worked at woodfield once over christmas....dear lord

My dd works at Woodfield & it is a zoo for parking & some of the rudest shoppers ever who seem to love yelling & being asses to a bunch of young cashiers. They had to call security at my dd's store recently. Some jerk having a fit over a return that was so old it wasn't even in the system anymore(the item) & of course he had no reciept.

Re: Kohl's denied coupon because "you're american and need to use an English coupon"

It might not be no
but its the language of commerce through the whole WORLD. not just in america.

i knowz

My dd works at Woodfield & it is a zoo for parking & some of the rudest shoppers ever who seem to love yelling & being asses to a bunch of young cashiers. They had to call security at my dd's store recently. Some jerk having a fit over a return that was so old it wasn't even in the system anymore(the item) & of course he had no reciept.

That's ridiculous! I'm afraid it's going to get worse. Last year I got a front parking spot by Macy's. I got the kids in the car and then as a car was passing behind me, she noticed I was getting ready to leave. She tried to back up but a car was behind her. Both were thinking they were entitled to my spot. The lady in the front wouldn't go forward, the lady in the back wouldn't back up. I couldn't move. They yelled out their windows, swore, called each other names..I finally said "I don't care who gets the spot but if someone doesn't move so I can leave, I'm calling the police" The lady in the back finally moved.

Over a PARKING spot? Really? IMO if you're shopping that close to Christmas you have to expect to park way out and WALK.

Oh..on the cashier I called an :asshat:, I know cashiers make mistakes, it happens to everyone. What got me was that this guy was too busy talking to everyone else that he wasn't paying attention to what he should have been doing. An honest mistake is an annoyance. but when someone is too distracted talking with others to do their job is when I get mad.

That's ridiculous! I'm afraid it's going to get worse. Last year I got a front parking spot by Macy's. I got the kids in the car and then as a car was passing behind me, she noticed I was getting ready to leave. She tried to back up but a car was behind her. Both were thinking they were entitled to my spot. The lady in the front wouldn't go forward, the lady in the back wouldn't back up. I couldn't move. They yelled out their windows, swore, called each other names..I finally said "I don't care who gets the spot but if someone doesn't move so I can leave, I'm calling the police" The lady in the back finally moved.

Over a PARKING spot? Really? IMO if you're shopping that close to Christmas you have to expect to park way out and WALK.

Try this the next time it's crowded at the mall and the weather doesn't really suck. Stand by the driver's door of a car up close, talk on your phone for a minute or so then walk away. :lol:

I hate the ones that want my spot when I'm not done with it yet! When I get in the car, I like to warm it for a few, get organized, make sure everyone's buckled up etc. BEFORE I start driving. I hate the asshats that start honking for you to move the minute you get in and start the car. It's my spot until I'm good and ready to move!

I hate the ones that want my spot when I'm not done with it yet! When I get in the car, I like to warm it for a few, get organized, make sure everyone's buckled up etc. BEFORE I start driving. I hate the asshats that start honking for you to move the minute you get in and start the car. It's my spot until I'm good and ready to move!

asshats who honk while I am getting ready to get in motion find that I have a book my car just so i can relax before the next store I have to hit........hmmm?

I was at Streets of Woodfield once, winter time, kids were still pretty young, 8 and 9 ish...warming the car a little (Christmastime, freezing outside). Asshat is honking like there is no tomorrow. Then starts screaming out his window...

WHAT THE F*** B**** MOVE!!!!!!!!! Really angry....like crazy people angry. Still honking like it's going out of style. He scared the crap out of my DD, she was crying. THAT did it. Mommy got out of the car and let him know what happens when you use that language in front of my kids and scare my daughter into tears.

He backed up and parked about 6 rows over :bowing:

asshats who honk while I am getting ready to get in motion find that I have a book my car just so i can relax before the next store I have to hit........hmmm?

I was at Streets of Woodfield once, winter time, kids were still pretty young, 8 and 9 ish...warming the car a little (Christmastime, freezing outside). Asshat is honking like there is no tomorrow. Then starts screaming out his window...

WHAT THE F*** B**** MOVE!!!!!!!!! Really angry....like crazy people angry. Still honking like it's going out of style. He scared the crap out of my DD, she was crying. THAT did it. Mommy got out of the car and let him know what happens when you use that language in front of my kids and scare my daughter into tears.

He backed up and parked about 6 rows over :bowing:

I knew there was a reason I ♥ you :hiphip:

Totally IGNORANT and that person should not be working in a store dealing with the public.

How ignorant! How in the world did she know you were American?? Also, there are a lot of Americans who are very fluent in spanish. Next time you see her say "hola puta". Can I use my coupon now?? This is so not me, but it upsets me that a manager could say something like that...
I am Peruvian and an American Citizen and I speak spanish dammit. BTW, I read it too, but I can not find "Hoy" or "La Raza" by my house ;-)

Ridiculous! I had a kid question me about the Q this morning probably cause I have blond hair and blue eyes. He said not sure if I can take this since it is in Spanish and I don't know what it says. I translated that it says $10 off a $20 purchase and let him know he didn't have to read it just scan and it!!!! Then he questioned where I got it...I pointed to my Kohls card showing my hispanic last name....from my newspaper. HA. I don't know any more than my highschool spanish and I got my Qs from Barb!

How ignorant! How in the world did she know you were American?? Also, there are a lot of Americans who are very fluent in spanish. Next time you see her say "hola puta". Can I use my coupon now?? This is so not me, but it upsets me that a manager could say something like that...
I am Peruvian and an American Citizen and I speak spanish dammit. BTW, I read it too, but I can not find "Hoy" or "La Raza" by my house ;-)

exactly! what a ridiculous insult to the rather large percentage of spanish-speaking AMERICAN citizens! exactly where do they fall is such a biased comment?

so the kohls persons logic is something like, you are either American and speak english and not spanish, or you are spanish-speaking and not American?

an unbelievable comment. off the charts.

Where do these people come from? I am constantly amazed by their stupidity.

As ridiculous as it was, she's working at Kohl's during the Christmas season. I think for that fact alone I'd just forget it.

I'll never forget the time someone used a Q in Spanish and it beeped.. so the cashier said it was because the computer doesn't know Spanish... :roll: Makes me giggles every time I remember it! :lol:

Back