What's new

Linsanity

Did Jeremy Lin's playing warrent this amount of attention?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CelticPride

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This Linsanity craze has passed it's prime now. I am not a big fan of Jeremy Lin and I thought he played some good games but is mostly over rated. I read in the Huffington Post that he just signed a 2 year promo deal with Volvo. I also heard that he has trade marked the work "Linsanity".

I was curious to here some of your guys' opinion on it.

It's obvious he's a good player.

And he's finally getting his turnover ratio under control. it's clear that he can score when he's actually looking for his shots. That game where he just blasted the Pacer's tells you that.

But keep in mind, "Linsanity" had nothing to do with the Knicks win streaks. It was about the rise of Jeremy Lin

It did, because he was putting up amazing numbers. Also, he directly impacted the Knicks because I believe that during that stretch they won 8 or 9 straight games. He was the catalyst the Knicks needed.

It did, because he was putting up amazing numbers. Also, he directly impacted the Knicks because I believe that during that stretch they won 8 or 9 straight games. He was the catalyst the Knicks needed.

He looks like he can be the catalyst on a routine basis given how he tore up the Pacers. But with Amare and Carmelo there, that probably won't happen. Especially since Woodson even said he plans to feature Amare and Carmelo more

The "Linsanity craze" was warranted because of how Jeremy Lin played. When he was brought in, Anthony was out hurt and the Knick's were not in good shape. Then this kid comes from out of nowhere and for a stretch of 8 games or so plays like a superstar point guard, at a time when the Knick's really needed a strike of inspiration. His turnover rate was atrocious at first, but he's turning the ball over less now and is still learning. This is his first time starting in the NBA, give the kid some time and he will grow exponentially.

The "Linsanity craze" was warranted because of how Jeremy Lin played. When he was brought in, Anthony was out hurt and the Knick's were not in good shape. Then this kid comes from out of nowhere and for a stretch of 8 games or so plays like a superstar point guard, at a time when the Knick's really needed a strike of inspiration. His turnover rate was atrocious at first, but he's turning the ball over less now and is still learning. This is his first time starting in the NBA, give the kid some time and he will grow exponentially.

Exactly, you can see the talent there. But he's just a first year man. If he can continue to do what he's done the last two games, it will actually make the Knicks a force to be reckoned with.

Linsanity week is over, but that doesn't mean Lin is a bad player. He still has a lot of potential and I expect to see him be even better some time in the near future in other NBA seasons.

Linsanity week is over, but that doesn't mean Lin is a bad player. He still has a lot of potential and I expect to see him be even better some time in the near future in other NBA seasons.

That's one thing for sure. After what he's been doing a lot is going to be expected of him in the coming years. I'm just happy his getting those turnovers under control. Even when Linsanity as they call it was happening his turnovers our HEINOUSLY high in number.

He looks like he can be the catalyst on a routine basis given how he tore up the Pacers. But with Amare and Carmelo there, that probably won't happen. Especially since Woodson even said he plans to feature Amare and Carmelo more

How is Lin going to able to grow into his full potential when you have 2 other premier players that play their best when the ball is in their hands. Lin was able to come out of nowhere and give them the boost they needed when Carmelo was injured but where does that leave him now? I just don't see him being able to thrive.

How is Lin going to able to grow into his full potential when you have 2 other premier players that play their best when the ball is in their hands. Lin was able to come out of nowhere and give them the boost they needed when Carmelo was injured but where does that leave him now? I just don't see him being able to thrive.

Amare and Carmelo are both premier players, that is completely true. But that doesn't mean that Lin doesn't have the opportunity to shine. First of all, Lin is a point guard; as such, he will always have many opportunities with the ball in his hands. Not only that, he's a smart enough player to know when to shoot and when to pass. Secondly, the Knick's are a team that is huge about assists and passing the ball around. Are there superstars? Yes. Does everyone get the ball? You bet. Lin will have his time to shine. All he has to do is take it.

I believe he has a chance to make an impact on just about any team he joins. I think it would be wise for the knicks to trade either Carmelo or Jeremy Lin while they still have a great deal of trade potential.

The knicks were amazing without Carmello and with Lin leading the team. Melo is overrated in my opinion and is one of the laziest defensive players in the league.

You say that, yet Lin has started to shine even WITH those two back on the court.

Jeremy Lin is losing his magic but he is still a starter. He is not going to continue to be a great scorer, but he can feed the ball and occasionally have a big night. I am a little bit upset that "Linsanity" is coming to an end.

Lin has been playing well lately. They all have since D'Antoni resigned. I guess they feel they have something to prove. Lin is starting to play with the intensity he once had. I love to see him drive to the basket. His confidence is slowly coming back.

Lin has been playing well lately. They all have since D'Antoni resigned. I guess they feel they have something to prove. Lin is starting to play with the intensity he once had. I love to see him drive to the basket. His confidence is slowly coming back.

Well, they DO have a chip on their shoulder, that much goes without saying. I think the Knicks just got tired of everyone saying "Carmelo/Amare/Lin" can't co exist as well.

What ever happend,happend.It has passed,there are other players that play just as good(or better) but dont get that kind of attention

What ever happend,happend.It has passed,there are other players that play just as good(or better) but dont get that kind of attention

Except for the fact that nobody expected ANYTHING out of Lin. He used to be seen as nothing more than bench fodder to help fill a roster.

Jeremy Lin is an average player who was given the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Everyone acts as if Lin IS the Knicks. If you isolate him from the rest of the team, take into account his stats and overall ability, you would find yourself wondering how did he not end up permanently in the D-League.

Jeremy Lin is an average player who was given the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Everyone acts as if Lin IS the Knicks. If you isolate him from the rest of the team, take into account his stats and overall ability, you would find yourself wondering how did he not end up permanently in the D-League.

I really agree with this. He is just a really good story for the media. He has got more attention that a lot of other players who deserve it more than he does.

Ok, coming from a fan of basketball since age 5, And I can tell you even though the media IS blowing him out of proportion yes, he's still not simply just some average player.

First off, there are a good 80% of players in the league you can pull that isolate him from the rest of the team and take a look at his stats stuff and they still get credited for being good players. So that means nothing.

What makes HIM a good player is what he does to the opponent. And no I don't mean scoring. I mean the respect. The fact that he can score means now you HAVE to respect what he MIGHT do to you if you leave him alone. Which in turn of course makes the game easier for Melo and Amare and the rest.

See all this stuff about him being lame doesn't hold up for the sheer fact this has been happening for NUMEROUS games already. It's not like he's a surprise anymore. Teams KNOW about him. Teams PREPARE for him now. And yet he's still doing what he does. So regardless of how any of you feel about this "Linsanity" thing, you have to respect what he's brought to the table.

Back