What's new

Litter

Phossix

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What are you views on littering? Do you do it from time to time?

Personally, I don't like to litter, at all. I've never viewed the reason of there being "no bins" as an excuse - I will carry my rubbish until I can find a bin to put it in. I also feel really annoyed when I see people just throw their rubbish on the ground. Some people even have the audacity to throw their rubbish into other people's gardens. I find it disgusting.

I don't do it. That said, I don't really care about the "state" of my town. People let their dogs **** on the pavement everywhere, so in the grand scheme of things I'm not bothered by a Snickers wrapper or two.

I hate littering. I can't stand it.
If anyone I'm with tries to litter, I make them pick their litter up, and if they don't I just pick it up for them.
It's just something that really annoys me.

As Rebecca has said, I'm not too fussed about the state of the town. I walk looking down a lot of the time because you never know what you're going to stand on here.

I dislike littering, and will also carry my rubbish with me either in my pocket or in my hand to the closest bin.
You'd think it's bad enough without people walking over to a bin, and deliberately putting it on the floor in front of you.

I don't do it and I find it really annoying when I see people do it. I'm like, please? The bin is around the corner. I was once in the woods, as dodgy as that sounds, and this man with two dogs came up to me. I was like oh hai der I didn't know him. I was eating oreos and other junk and he asked me to put the rubbish away after I was done, I was going to anyway but then he went to explain about how his dogs are affected by litter sometimes and that he hates taking them down the vets because of it.

I learned something valuable that day!

You were in the woods, alone, eating Oreo's and other junk while talking to a stranger about litter?
Weird as it truly does sound, it also sounds pretty interesting haha.

I hate littering. My parents usually say I can throw stuff out the window in the car or something, and I don't like doing it. I've littered before, but I try to avoid it as much as I can. I feel guilty when doing so.

I have certain rules when it comes to things like littering. If there is no bin in sight then I will likely throw something on the ground, but if there is a bin then why throw your rubbish on the floor and not in the bin? makes no sense whatsoever, and just comes off as malicious towards the people in your community. I don't HATE littering, as some others in this thread have stated, but I would prefer not to have any litter in my presence. I have littered myself, and I feel as though most people have at one point in their lives.

I dislike littering, especially if it's gum, or plastic bags. They can be a huge danger to the environment and it doesn't benefit us at all. Is it really that difficult to spit your gum in the trash, or throw away your chips bag or plastic bag in the garbage can? I have to admit, I have been a part of littering before, but who hasn't? I throw it in the most subtle places where people won't walk or look at such as the sewers.

I hate to litter, and I hate when people won't pick up after themselves, let alone their pets. How very irksome.

Back