What's new

Longest Job you've had?

My current job, which will be 9 years in January.

My longest job will be the job I currently have. If I make it till March, then I'll have hit my 10 year mark. Right now, my job is stressful because we're coming up on Christmas and everyone is beginning their Christmas shopping. On top of that, someone decided it would be a good idea to remodel the entire store right now going into the Christmas season.

Currently my first job, at Home Depot. Was there for 4 years. Now just recently graduated and move onto better things.

I've worked seasonally at an amusement park for 6 years while attending college. I started my first full time job this year.

10 freaking years. I am from Philippines but had to work in Hongkong away from my family. Luckily I am home now and would never work again that far and long.

My first job is my longest job I have had so far; I worked in a rural bank in my province as a bank teller. I been working there for almost 6 years and my experienced is somewhat hard for the first time but as time passes, I gradually familiarized the kind of work in banking. As a bank teller, I am the one responsible in counting and sorting money and of the system posting of the in and out bank transactions.

I used to be a nurse and my longest time I have worked in a single company is five years when I was in Doha. Taking care of babies is a pretty fun job, yet it takes a lot of responsibility and trust from the parents who let their babies be taken care of. I had learned so many things in those five years experience in that hospital, and I was grateful to be a "pseudo-mother", as I would say, in those times that I have been there.

Aside from the salary that is well compensated, I guess a good relationship with colleagues and seniors would be one of the factors for someone to prolong his/her stay in a given company, and makes a job more fun in a professional way.

I may be the winner in this thread. Be ready with the crown and place in on my head, okay? I have been working with my present employer for 30 years already. And I still have 5 years to go before retirement. Not to brag but I am entitled to a retirement pay of 2 months salary for every year of service. Isn't that great to think of?

Back