What's new

Make-up or no

I used to wear make up all the time growing up and after I got married. After I had my DD, the two days that I did not work were the only two days that I did not wear make up, unless we were going out. Now that is all different since I am a SAHM. Now I wear make up only when we are going out... same for doing my hair. However, going out does not mean to pick up DD from school. I don't care what other parents think of me! I like to wear make up and do my hair when DH is home and we are running errands, going to dinner, visiting friends and family. When he isn't around, for the most part, I am plain-jane.

I was recently given a sample of Make up Forever foundation from Sephora. I LOVED IT. I have always bought the cheapest stuff - maybeline, cover girl.... So now I am trying to decide if I want some before my mother in law quits JCP (got to have her discount.) :)

I only wear it for special occasions, guess I've just gotten lazy. But when I do wear it I need to very careful not to over apply, I have really fair skin and could easily look like a clown with too much on :lol:

I wear make up most days. I have found that using a face primer helps my makeup stay put, but now that I know that Monistat Chafing Cream has the same exact ingredients as face primer and is cheaper...well, thats what i buy now LOL

I do powder foundation, eyeshadow and mascara, sometimes liner. and I wear different looks every day cause I can lol

So I'm watching Samantha Schuerman's makeup tutorials (thanks blcrystali!!) and this woman is putting on foundation, concealer and bronzer then will be putting on blush. My question is.... Does everyone use this much? I thought bronzer was to make you look tan... so now is she going for the orangey (think jersey shore) look? Not criticizing, asking if its normal to use this many products.

Haven't watched any of her tutorials, but I would personally do either bronzer OR blush. Doing both seems a little like overkill. I'm fair skinned, so I do sometimes use a little bronzer, but with a light touch. No orangey glow for me!

Nope. Nada. Not about to start either. :bowing:

I take that back, I did go to a dart league banquet all done up, the day after my friend had a party and his GF decided she wanted to see if she could put make up on somebody that was passed out while she was very drunk. :lol:

Sry I know way OT

CharlieQ, you shoot darts? Steel Tip or Plastic? My DH and I use to shoot steel, went to the Opens and Cups, some awesome memories. I never made it past brass but DH was high nickle.

Sry I know way OT

CharlieQ, you shoot darts? Steel Tip or Plastic? My DH and I use to shoot steel, went to the Opens and Cups, some awesome memories. I never made it past brass but DH was high nickle.

Plastic. Started to shoot steel but never more than local tounaments.

1990, I left the World Champonships ranked 25th. :bowing:

Bring some of those darts over here, Charlie...

let's see how good you are at small furry moving targets :woot2:

Only occasionally. Used to daily, but just don't seem to have the time anymore. Besides, like someone else posted, my face does not care for make-up.

For those of you that want to "brighten" up your skin a little bit, try an Alpha hydroxy face cream. Walgreens makes one (I don't remember what it cost) and it works really well. I forgot that I had it and then I was reading an article about skin recovery/skin care after the summer is over and it recommended using an alpha hydroxy face cream to lighten freckles and exfoliate/brighten skin.

I have been using it now for 3 weeks (apply it before bed, followed by my usual moisturizer- ponds) and it has really made a difference. The new freckles I got over the summer have definitely lightened up significantly and can say that my skin is definitely brighter and looks healthier. I don't have much in the way of wrinkles, but I will keep using it nightly.

Funny story, the OB Gyne practice I go to has all women physicians. All 4 of them have PERFECT skin. I asked one of them what she uses and she said she uses an alpha hydroxy acid face cream every night. I'm sure they use a really expensive kind I'm sold on it now!

As for the makeup question, most days I put some foundation/concealer on to diminish the freckles and then use a little mascara, blush (I'm always pale) and a little tinted lip gloss. I don't ever look made up, it just gives me a more polished look that I like. If I am going out somewhere, I like to use a red lipstick and usually add some eyeliner and eye shadow, too.

Mostly no, occasionally yes particularly if I am going somewhere special

Most days I do. At least foundation, concealer, blush, mascara. Sometimes eyeliner/shadow. But I didn't even own makeup for about 4 years after the twins were born.

I know you are a woman....but kinda funny to see "theman"' say "he" wears make up to church on Sunday. :lol:

Whew, thanks for answering that one. :giggles:

For those of you that want to "brighten" up your skin a little bit, try an Alpha hydroxy face cream. Walgreens makes one (I don't remember what it cost) and it works really well. I forgot that I had it and then I was reading an article about skin recovery/skin care after the summer is over and it recommended using an alpha hydroxy face cream to lighten freckles and exfoliate/brighten skin.

I have been using it now for 3 weeks (apply it before bed, followed by my usual moisturizer- ponds) and it has really made a difference. The new freckles I got over the summer have definitely lightened up significantly and can say that my skin is definitely brighter and looks healthier. I don't have much in the way of wrinkles, but I will keep using it nightly.

Funny story, the OB Gyne practice I go to has all women physicians. All 4 of them have PERFECT skin. I asked one of them what she uses and she said she uses an alpha hydroxy acid face cream every night. I'm sure they use a really expensive kind I'm sold on it now!

As for the makeup question, most days I put some foundation/concealer on to diminish the freckles and then use a little mascara, blush (I'm always pale) and a little tinted lip gloss. I don't ever look made up, it just gives me a more polished look that I like. If I am going out somewhere, I like to use a red lipstick and usually add some eyeliner and eye shadow, too.

Can you please list exactly what you are buying at Walgreens. I have RR burning a hole in my pocket and this sounds like something I would like to try if you like it. Thanks!

Nope, nothing.

I wore mascara and eye liner to a wedding last year. When I came out of my bedroom...the reaction from the kids made me :faint: You would have thought I put on a bright red wig and a rubber nose. They were soooo floored by ALL the make up, rofl

I didn't really wear much make up when I was a teen. When I finally started to wear it I guess I didn't do a very good job of the eyeliner. I remember my uncle Fred asking if I had some dirt on my face. Back to the mirror I went. :pout:

Back