What's new

Most upsetting movie you've watched?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Go on then; tell us what movie has made you sob! ;)

Marley and Me
My Sisters' Keeper
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas
The Impossible
The Piano
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Notebook
Up

The boy in the striped pyjamas, literal cried for hours after <3

Click. That **** catches you off guard. Oh look, it's Adam Sandler. Time for a stupid romantic comed- HUGE CONSEQUENCES FOR SMALL ACTIONS, REGRET, DEPRESSION AND LACK OF CONTROL OVER ONE'S LIF

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
remember me
inception

Marley and Me
The Proposal
Pretty Woman

Schindler's List
Les Miserables

My top two. I am guaranteed to cry anytime these play.

I don't really cry at movies, but some do make me sad. I have to say Never Let Me Go is probably numero uno. It didn't make me sad, it made me more sick and disgusted with humanity. It was a really weird and off feeling, but still a good movie.

Not the whole movie, but this scene in "Thor" when Odin tells the truth about Loki's past... Gosh... I've never cried so much in my life. When I first saw that scene I had to pause the movie and I was crying in my bed for an hour or more. I guess because at that point I was already obsessed with Loki and I felt sorry for him. It was really painful. Not to mention, I can totally relate to him because I know what it feels like to be the child of a horrible father. I know what it's like when you feel like you don't belong to anyone.

Johnny Depp's "The Brave".
Not Without My Daughter.
Dead Poets Society.
My Life Without Me.
and so on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Previously mentioned, Click gets me every time. That one just rips it right out of you.

I admit I had a little tear at the end of Toy Story 3, mainly because me and the kids had watched the first two about ten times each right before the third came out.

Another that got me was The Green Mile the first time I saw it, hell even the book made my throat swell up a bit with that one.

Marley and Me
The Green Mile (made me cry the hardest; everyone should watch it)
Up makes me slightly emotional in the beginning.

Not the whole movie, but this scene in "Thor" when Odin tells the truth about Loki's past... Gosh... I've never cried so much in my life. When I first saw that scene I had to pause the movie and I was crying in my bed for an hour or more. I guess because at that point I was already obsessed with Loki and I felt sorry for him. It was really painful. Not to mention, I can totally relate to him because I know what it feels like to be the child of a horrible father. I know what it's like when you feel like you don't belong to anyone.
Wow, you really get into movies and the characters! :eek: I've never seen someone become so engrossed in films.

I'm going to be honest, I watched Powder Blue cause I heard Jessica Biel had a strip scene in it. Little did I know the whole plot leading up to it was pretty depressing, so by the time it got to the scene I was too depressed in the story line to even enjoy it. Especially since it was a really emotional scene vs just "Here are my boobs!". I don't think I've ever actually completely broke down and cried during a movie, but I do get a little choked up in movies from time to time. I don't really consider myself a manly man either, so I'm not trying to be a tough guy. :p

The Boy in The Striped Pajamas. We had to read that for English in school, then my teacher thought it would be a wonderful idea to watch the movie. It was a great movie, and it had a very touching story of two little boys. One whose father was a Nazi, and the other who was in a concentration camp. The kid with the Nazi father has no idea what is going on in the world around him (Bruno), so he befriends a little boy who is Jewish and emprisioned in Auschwitz concentration camp. I forget what his name was though, But anyway, the whole story is nice.. what the movie is based off of is sad. As you can probably tell-The Holocaust. At the end.. oh my god, I lirterally BAWLED my eyes out. I don't even want to do into detail what happened at the end to the two boys. I'll leave that for you to find out for yourself.

Titanic
The Notebook
Dear John
The Last Song
Schindler's List (I saw parts of it in History class)

Back