What's new

NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

No more discussion? This is one of the most exciting times of the year I would think some of you would have some passion abou college basketball! Lets get some basketball talk going on about March Madness.

Very impressive performance by UK tonight. Indiana played very well themselves and still couldn't hang with them. They are definitely the favorites to win it all.

UK showcased alot of offensive firepower during their rout over Iowa State. It looks like if they can win their revenge game over Indiana they will make the final four. I am not all that worried about Baylor.

This UK-Baylor game should be fun with all the athletes on the floor from both teams. Baylor is very talented too and if they put it all together, can definitely give UK a run for their money. I think UK will likely pull it out though, they just play with more poise than Baylor does.

Notre Dame gets upsetted by Saint Johns by 3 points. Florida down against UGA, and UNC is down against UVA. Possible two upsets? Both games in the second half.

Wow. 28 Pts, 11 Reb, 2 Stl, and 6 Blk for Anthony Davis. That's extremely impressive for a freshman. Definitely NBA level on those stats.

Anthony Davis is a beast but he's got to do something about the unibrow.

I'm a huge Kentucky fan myself, and I believe we have a really good chance of taking the championship home with us, I believe that because we don't have one player in which we depend on, although, if Anthony Davis was out that may test this, but for the most part we play as a team and do not depend on one individual player, which raises our chances of taking it all home I believe.

Ohio State beat Syracuse 77-70. I can't believe it. I have to admit I'm disappointed. I feel like if would've been a different ball game had Fab Melo played, but he didn't so there's no use in dwelling on it.

Kentucky in the final 4 baby. They are smoking hot! I think they have a great chance at the title!

Ohio State beat Syracuse 77-70. I can't believe it. I have to admit I'm disappointed. I feel like if would've been a different ball game had Fab Melo played, but he didn't so there's no use in dwelling on it.

I have to say Syracuse went much further than I though they would without Melo.

I just don't believe Baylor has enough consistent play or coaching to beat the cats. Baylor has some very talented and athletic players (Duece Bello, Quincy Miller, Quincy Acy and Perry Jones the third) but I don't think any of them are better than a UK starter. The cats will win this one as it is Coach Cals time to win his first title.

UK is playing amazing right now. If they play this well, nobody can beat them. Baylor looks pretty much done unless they can free up Heslip to hit some triples. He doesn't even have a shot attempt so far and nobody else can do anything out there.

UK is playing amazing right now. If they play this well, nobody can beat them. Baylor looks pretty much done unless they can free up Heslip to hit some triples. He doesn't even have a shot attempt so far and nobody else can do anything out there.

I've had the opportunity to watch many Kentucky games this year, and I personally picked them to win the tournament. This team plays suffocating defense and their offensive is explosive. I don't think anybody can beat them, only way it happens if Kentucky makes a lot of mistakes, and I don't see it happening.

At this point, I feel that it's Kentucky's tournament to lose by a larger margin than most of the past "favorites". However, I'm hesitant to say that Kentucky will be able to breeze by Louisville. Not because Louisville can match them talent-wise whatsoever, but simply because of the intense in-state rivalry that they have. Living in Cincinnati (and admittedly, disliking both Kentucky and Louisville), I've witnessed this firsthand. Louisville's best player (Dieng) can't hold a candle to Kentucky's (Davis), and oftentimes that's all that matters. Fear the brow :)

I've had the opportunity to watch many Kentucky games this year, and I personally picked them to win the tournament. This team plays suffocating defense and their offensive is explosive. I don't think anybody can beat them, only way it happens if Kentucky makes a lot of mistakes, and I don't see it happening.

No team is unbeatable, but if they even play an average game by their standards, I don't see any team beating them. They're just too talented and play unselfish on top of that. They really move the ball well for a team with so many highly touted players.

Yes I agree with the previous posters. I go to UK and I have experienced this ntense rivalry year in and out. With that said, I don't believe any player will be able to match with our team physically or athletically for the rest of the tournament. The only team that scares me now is the winner of the Kansas game, but I know we can beat them anyway!

I have some friends going to that UK Louiville game. Hopefully that game is epic, what a great rivalry.

Yes I agree with the previous posters. I go to UK and I have experienced this ntense rivalry year in and out. With that said, I don't believe any player will be able to match with our team physically or athletically for the rest of the tournament. The only team that scares me now is the winner of the Kansas game, but I know we can beat them anyway!

Yeah you have to like your chances. I think Louisville might get blown out and OSU and Kansas have talent, but are clearly a tier below UK. UNC would have been the one team to be scary for UK with Kendall Marshall running the show. I was looking forward to that potential match-up.

I actually was looking forward to that matchup as well but some things happen and the injury likely ruined that. I still think UK is a a far superior team to any team in college basketball and they will have 6 1st round picks. The only team that could beat us is an NBA team.

NCAA March Madness is going down to the Final Four teams that will compete for the country's most coveted title in college basketball. My bet to go all the way will be the Kentucky Wildcats because of their very talented roster that features top NBA prospect Anthony Davis with his country leading blocks and steals as well as top caliber coach John Calipari. But don't count out the others yet as they will also compete to the very last second. Who knows? Maybe they can make an upset and spoil Kentucky's great run. Everyone's surely looking forward to April 1 and see who goes on to the finals. Let's go Wildcats!

I just don't see anyone being able to upset us unless something miraculous happens. We should've won it all 2 years ago but we had the worst shooting night in history and barely lost. Now I just don't see that happening again. We play way too good of a defense and have better shooters.

Don't be too confident just yet that Kentucky will win it all this year. They're facing off against Louisville and coach Rick Pitino who surprisingly upset the Florida Gators in a come from behind win that marched them straight to the Final Four. Now with all that momentum on their side, I'm sure they'll make it hard for Kentucky and compete with them for 40 minutes. I'm not saying Kentucky is sure to lose, but surely anything can happen in the NCAA Tournament with that trophy up for grabs.

Back