What's new

Need Winter dinner ideas

Tonight I made Campbell's tomato soup and grilled cheese. It is so crappy outside, it sounded perfect.

Yes, brown your ground beef with chopped onions, layer in a casserole dish, alternating ground beef, cream of corn, and mashed potatoes. Making sure the mashed potatoes are on top. Bake in the oven till mashed potatoes are golden brown. Yummy!

That's how I've been doing it lately (made this the other day) but for years before I was making like a meat loaf mixture, baking that then topping with corn and mashed. Either way is good, but I think your way is easier.

Another take on Shepard's pie...I brown ground beef and onion, stir in a can of condensed tomato soup and green beans, top it with mashed potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.

I baked a ham this week and made split pea soup, it was really yummy.

Looking forward to trying this one on Satuday.

Anyone have a simple beef stroganoff recipe?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/beef-stroganoff-recipe/index.html

I have never been able to have thin meat that browned quick and still remained tender at all. Mine has always and been forever similar to eating shoe leather, it sucks. You can try paula deens' yet it won't be the least bit healthy because its paula deen!
My beef stroganoff that I love making is to take a roast and cook it one night. I save the leftovers and then shred that up. The next night, I put the shredded roast in a pan with a can of beef consumme or au jus, cream of mushroom soup, a can of mushrooms or chop up raw, slice up some onion, 1 cup of sour cram and heat til good and bubbly. I boil the egg noodles while this is heating up. I love this over egg noodles.

HTH

Back