What's new

Officially Certified

Interesting... I'm sure this is only to blur the line between the terms "certified" with the term "more professional."

"Certified Disc Owner" would be more appropriate because it certainly doesn't have anything to do with whether or not this "customer" knows how to actually perform their job, run a show, sound or anything else.

Yeah congrats, Paul. Hopefully soon mine will be up there as well as others who got their audits done in Charlotte.

oops must be too much cold meds......Congrate to the first 3...hope to be on the list soon

Interesting... I'm sure this is only to blur the line between the terms "certified" with the term "more professional."

"Certified Disc Owner" would be more appropriate because it certainly doesn't have anything to do with whether or not this "customer" knows how to actually perform their job, run a show, sound or anything else.

Chip,

You seem to have an interesting negative take on everything. Perhaps reading what it actually says would be of some help to you.

The following represents a list of Karaoke Hosts who have had their Chartbuster Karaoke libraries certified as legitimate by the Chartbuster Karaoke Audit process. Each host has submitted to a thorough audit of their systems, and has passed with a minimum of 95% compliance with the requirement that they be able to show a certified disc for each of the Chartbuster Karaoke tracks in their library at the time of audit.

We encourage any venue who contemplates or who currently features a karaoke show to ascertain that the hosts they retain have been certified as working with a legal library of karaoke tracks.

The really neat thing is that the certificate says KARAOKE LIBRARY CERTIFIED BY CHARTBUSTER

I understand that it is the process that you don't like (audits) but it is the future of being a karaoke host and within a couple of years those that want to work will have to show that they actually own what they are using.

... but it is the future of being a karaoke host and within a couple of years those that want to work will have to show that they actually own what they are using.

Where do I submit my nomination for over-statement of the year?

It means you're an acknowledged customer of Chartbuster. I've got a "certification" from Target, and another one from Home Depot. :)

What it means is that in time these certificates will be required by venues to allow a KJ to work, I would love to see the same thing happen on the DJ side as well!

Good for you!

What it means is that in time these certificates will be required by venues to allow a KJ to work, I would love to see the same thing happen on the DJ side as well!

Good for you!

You are funny! You can't honestly tell me you've fallen for that? :laughpill:

I guess you can!:winkpill:

Chip,

You seem to have an interesting negative take on everything. Perhaps reading what it actually says would be of some help to you.

The really neat thing is that the certificate says KARAOKE LIBRARY CERTIFIED BY CHARTBUSTER

I've read it alright, but obviously you are the one unable to comprehend what you read. Maybe this will help you:

"karaoke LIBRARY certified" Not "karaoke HOST certified"

But THANK YOU for agreeing with and making my point; any idiot with few bucks can buy some discs and simply by virtue of spending money, be just as "certified." It has nothing to do with technical expertise, talent, brains or anything else.... all you have to do is buy a disc.... You are somehow attaching some kind of value to a worthless certificate. Not "an interesting negative take on everything" but I can see where that's what you would perceive because (unlike you) I don't swallow all the crap spouted by the manufacturers as some sort of gospel truth.

I understand that it is the process that you don't like (audits) but it is the future of being a karaoke host and within a couple of years those that want to work will have to show that they actually own what they are using.

Yeah, right.... sure.... But, if you want to fall for it because it makes you feel better, you go right ahead -post it on your wall next to your "internet college diploma for aerospace engineering and neurosurgery."

Where do I submit my nomination for over-statement of the year?

It means you're an acknowledged customer of Chartbuster. I've got a "certification" from Target, and another one from Home Depot. :)

Pro,

I have my "certificate" and I am a customer of theirs. The downside is ?????????????

The mods should go ahead and ban me for baiting. I knew when I posted this the "haters" would chime in with their negative comments.

As club owners become more educated(and they will) about whats illegal and whats not, being certified will be a must if you want to keep a steady karaoke gig.

Mr Staley, In the future a certified KJ is going to have the edge on the non-certified KJ- MARK MY WORD

Pro,

I have my "certificate" and I am a customer of theirs. The downside is ?????????????

None. It's just that there's also no upside. You're a customer - BFD. Like I said: "Target and Home Depot will certify me too!"

Thunder's assertion that these certificates would be required to work is erroneous, Such a condition would violate U.S. ant-trust law, and it is also illegal to use the threat of litigation to manipulate commerce.

I can just as easily convince a bar owner myself that my practice is consistent with copyright law without subscribing to any paricular brand name or product.

To put it simply, this is no more a reliable input to your business than asking anyone else to wipe your a___. It's just completely unnecessary and advances you not.

... any idiot with few bucks can buy some discs and simply by virtue of spending money, be just as "certified." It has nothing to do with technical expertise, talent, brains or anything else....

..including piracy.

The "certificate" says you bought some discs - it makes no warranty about what you are doing with them.

There is nothing to prevent someone with a "certificate" from duplicating the material for an undisclosed practice. They are worthless with regard to the very purpose you claim they are issued.

..including piracy.

The "certificate" says you bought some discs - it makes no warranty about what you are doing with them.

There is nothing to prevent someone with a "certificate" from duplicating the material for an undisclosed practice. They are worthless with regard to the very purpose you claim they are issued.

Yes you are right there is nothing but that persons integrity to stop them from duplicating. Some people have some others don't it is a personal choice that each has to make.

None. It's just that there's also no upside. You're a customer - BFD. Like I said: "Target and Home Depot will certify me too!"

Thunder's assertion that these certificates would be required to work is erroneous, Such a condition would violate U.S. ant-trust law, and it is also illegal to use the threat of litigation to manipulate commerce.

I can just as easily convince a bar owner myself that my practice is consistent with copyright law without subscribing to any paricular brand name or product.

To put it simply, this is no more a reliable input to your business than asking anyone else to wipe your a___. It's just completely unnecessary and advances you not.

Your opinion yours and mine is mine and the true answer is what happens in the future and that is an unknown that no one can answer.

I don't even see the line you are reffering too. No blur to me.

1. Certified is simply that. Verified legal library to the standards that Chartbuster has set.

2. To be "more professional" should be really renamed "better quality". Those of us that receive payment for our services (regardless of how good or bad our presentations are of how legal or non-legal our libraries are) are professional since that is a true defination of the word. If "more professional" = "more money", then I am there.

Back