What's new

ok bored and curious

I got totally hooked in late 2008 when P&G was running a $30/$15 deal. I was the only person in my area doing it back then so my stock choices at 5 area Jewel stores was unlimited. I got hooked so bad, that two years later, I'm still using Bounty, Tide and Cascade from that sale. :cartwheel: I had the Bounty on my Avenu for $1.50 off so a 8 pack of paper towels was just over $1, $2 for Tide and Cascade. How could I not stock up? LOL

My 17 yo DD was with me at Walgreen's during the free Purex and Revlon eye shadow in March(?), very quiet all the way to the car, when we got in she said very seriously "Mom...are you doing something illegal?" "No dear, it is free with coupons" "Oh good, I really need eye shadow, but not enough to go to jail for it." :lol::lol:

People at work think I'm a theif or something, like I've got connections that I can back my truck up to the back of the store and they just load me up.

Didn't you get asked to leave Jewel during that sale for having "bought too much"?! ROFL

I got totally hooked in late 2008 when P&G was running a $30/$15 deal. I was the only person in my area doing it back then so my stock choices at 5 area Jewel stores was unlimited. I got hooked so bad, that two years later, I'm still using Bounty, Tide and Cascade from that sale. :cartwheel: I had the Bounty on my Avenu for $1.50 off so a 8 pack of paper towels was just over $1, $2 for Tide and Cascade. How could I not stock up? LOL

Didn't you get asked to leave Jewel during that sale for having "bought too much"?! ROFL

Yes - but because no one else was couponing like this the cashier and manager both thought I was ripping them off and doing something illegal. LOL. So I just got in my car and headed to another Jewel. Ahh the benefits of the burbs. :lol:

That was my first P&G deal! There were so many good deals even without coupons! There were so much dramas went with that deal too. The cats said "not to use on P&G products", so my store would not let me roll them. I read on CW that corp allowed us to roll, so I waited for the store to confirm that and didn't shop for 2 days.

There were probably less than 20 people who shop the deals in our little town, so the shelves were well stocked on the last day when I went down there to do some last minute shopping.

OH GADS I remember my utter feeling of complete DUH doing my first Jewel Run with my partner who was trying to teach me how to do the deals there. I was a nervous wreck. i made soo many mistakes. TOOK FREAKING FOREVER to figure out my transactions. and still made mistakes.

but the GLORY of 10 cases of ALL detergeant for i think it was 2.35 for each case of 6? I felt 10 feet tall. till i realized there was no way to get it home in one trip. *face palm*

What really made me nuts though was KMart doubles in August '09. That was my first taste of freebie madness. I used to really like KMart doubles.

Same here. I'm still giving away Oust! And, I too have enough feminine products--probably will last my daughter until menopause, and she's only 3!

I heard stories of people smuggling them into the store so they could buy them again.

I actually heard a customer ask at Jewel the other day if she could bring in some Healthy Choice, for them to at least ring it, so she could do her deal. As, she didn't even want the soup. Of course, the answer was no!

I actually heard a customer ask at Jewel the other day if she could bring in some Healthy Choice, for them to at least ring it, so she could do her deal. As, she didn't even want the soup. Of course, the answer was no!

I posted this over on SuperJill's site:

http://www.jillcataldo.com/node/13348

MM soup after shelf clearers are done
Just got in from a long 4 hours at self check out at Jewel. The first thing I did when I got to the store was to find one can of soup in the Jacket Donation box by the exit (NO I didn't clear the box , there was plenty left in there). Then I went over to the self check out and scanned that can 9 times, paid for it with my credit card, out pops $10 cat. Then I scanned the can 10 times (I know it only takes 9 but I needed a different total to use the same credit card), paid, out pops $10 cat. I kept rotating between 9 & 10 and paying for it with the same credit card. The self check out cashier got really upset when I asked her to put a new roll in the cat machine the second time. When I was done I had 200 $10 cats only cost me $1710 on my credit card which I get back 5% at grocery stores so there's another $85. Then I had the cashier add up my receipts and got 167 cookware stickers. $375.50 money maker and only had to carry one can of soup (before anyone gets all upset with me I donated it back in the coat box as I left).

:bowing:

When Target had Gerber baby food for 2 cents per jar. My twins were maybe 8 months old then and going though 4 jars a day each. That was maybe mid 2007? Twins were born in 11/06.

Back