What's new

Packing...

A travel size rain poncho-pita to have to purchase if it rains. I bring a decongestant (sudafed 30mg) in case my ears don't pop.

Don't know if this was covered or not, but always, always, always keep your passport on you and close to your body.

DH's coworkers were in Canada a couple weeks ago on business. They stopped for coffe and got back to their rental car to find their window smashed and all their stuff stolen (suitcases, laptop cases, tools, etc.). The passports were in their laptop cases. They called the US embassy who couldn't help until the police filed their report. It took the police like 7 hours to get there. They missed all that days flights back home, phones were dying (charger was in their stuff). It was a total ****.

DH drove to meet the guy's wife to get a spare set of keys for his car and met the guy at the airport when he finally arrived so he could drive his car home.....you guessed it, keys were in his luggage too. :surrender:

And that's just Canada....would HATE being stuck in a place far, far away like China. Remind your parents too. ;)

My mom and I both have a money belt like this so we will keep our passports in there. I'm worried about what my dad and brother are going to do with theirs though.

What part of Mongolia are you visiting?

My sister and her husband live in Ulaanbaatar, so we will spend the beginning and end of our trip there. In the middle we are going to Arkhangai province, first to Tsetserleg, then to Tsagaan Nuur (White Lake).

You might want to bring along a small flashlight.

I have one, thanks.

A travel size rain poncho-pita to have to purchase if it rains. I bring a decongestant (sudafed 30mg) in case my ears don't pop.

Hmm, I don't have either. My cool new bag did come with a matching umbrella, so that's in there. Maybe I'll check and see if we have any Sudafed.

Ran into an interesting blog about a westerner's ongoing experience over there:
http://www.oneeyedyaks.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out!

One more picture of Penny before we leave!
37287_406664729748_791309748_418256.jpg

Awww! What a happy, pretty baby! That top is darling too. :)

Don't forget a bag large enough to smuggle Penelope back in, you aren't going to want to leave her there. :wel:

Have a wonderful time! DH and I left for China a year ago this Thursday to meet DD! What a fun time you'll have!!!!! It's a beautiful country!

Have a wonderful time! DH and I left for China a year ago this Thursday to meet DD! What a fun time you'll have!!!!! It's a beautiful country!

Oh you adopted your DD from China? I would love to hear your story. Was she a baby when you got her?

Or you can tell me to mind my own business.....either way. ;)

oh she is just so cute. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. :)

You're excited aren't you Liz? When I fly I like those electronic poker games and things like that to keep me busy. Wear comfy clothes for the long journey.

Do you know if you'll be able to post from there?

You're excited aren't you Liz? When I fly I like those electronic poker games and things like that to keep me busy. Wear comfy clothes for the long journey.

Do you know if you'll be able to post from there?

Yep, I'm excited. I will be able post from Ulaanbaatar, but when we go to Arkhangai province in the middle of our trip I probably won't be able to post.

Good luck, have fun, and take lots of pictures.

M

What he said!

Thanks to you both!

Back