What's new

Post Your Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
grab101.jpg

New wallpaper....

Trying out KDE on Ubuntu 12.04. It's true, it's a bit faster than Unity, especially when desktop effects are turned off.

snapshot2.jpg

Super Meat Boy? Is there something you're not telling us...lol

Yup, the Ubuntu Software Center offers commercial native Linux games for a charge ... a while ago, I purchased Braid, Super Meat Boy and Bastion to test what's being offered. I did play Braid on the PS3 before, and I always wanted to play Super Meat Boy ever since I heard about it, so that's the opportunity! ;) (I do have Windows 8 RP on that box, but I'm not using it for anything serious, since it's a preview)

EDIT: BTW, Steam is coming to Linux!! It might take a while still, but I'm patient! ;)

EDIT II: @Scotty, here's a screenshot of Software Center:
ubuntu-software-center-1.jpg

New desktop: I'm trying out XFCE for Ubuntu 12.04. I heavily customized it (note the bottom panel; if you want to know how, I used XFCE Application Finder and panel/launcher properties and add/remove item, and drag & drop between finder and launcher properties dialog).

Main reason for switching to XFCE was I worried about KDE memory consumption. KDE used 3.5 GiB of RAM when running idle (desktop effects turned off), and XFCE only uses about 1.0-1.5 GiB. That's about 3 times less!! Also, XFCE is much faster! :)

Screenshot - 09222012 - 02:58:15 AM.jpg

Yours is pretty nice OP, I'll have to pick up a quick screenshot of mine, its so anime inspired ^_^

So I stay changing my desktop so here is the new one for this week!!! Sorry ahead of time to the people who hate taylor lautner!!!! I was watching abduction and couldn't help making this a desktop!!
desktop3_zps1590f284.jpg
It has my last name!! Couldn't help myself!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back