What's new

Public Service Plea

wow just read this hope everyone gets well /stays well - at church tonight they asked that people not shake hands for a few weeks !

The Catholic churched here have suspended the sign of peace. The priests will not even talk about it. There is also hand sanitizer at the back of the church and they are asking people to use it on the way in and on the way out.

I have the flu. This is horrible. I can't keep down even the smallest sips of liquid. Now I know why people are going to the ER. I am soooooo thirsty.

I'm so sorry. :huggy:

wow just read this hope everyone gets well /stays well - at church tonight they asked that people not shake hands for a few weeks !

wow

The Catholic churched here have suspended the sign of peace. The priests will not even talk about it. There is also hand sanitizer at the back of the church and they are asking people to use it on the way in and on the way out.

and wow.................

My peeps think I'm crazy for using hand sani all the time when we're out and making my kids keep washing their hands. DH even said "Hun you're getting a little nuts." UM!!!!!! NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tap:

We were at DS13's b-ball game last night.............hundreds of peeps..........lots of sneezing, snot-nosed kids running all over, up and down the bleachers, etc. My DS10 kept climbing the bleachers and getting stuff from the concessions...........every time I could grab him, I made him use hand sani. I couldn't wait to leave that gym!!!

This thread is a little terrifying.

This thread is a little terrifying.

Me thinks it should be. DH rarely gets sick, but son of a **** if one of us brings this **** in the house, 3 of us will be down for the count! One of the worst parts is getting the kids get caught up with homework.

For those that can't keep liquid, try Gatorade/Powerade as opposed to water/7up. the electrolytes seem to help and easier to keep down. Hope everyone gets better quick!!!

I have the flu. This is horrible. I can't keep down even the smallest sips of liquid. Now I know why people are going to the ER. I am soooooo thirsty.

Oh no! Well this explains why u didn't call me back. :lol:

Hope u feel better soon and get the rest you need!!!

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported 22,048 flu cases from Sept. 30 through the end of 2012. By the same time last year, only 849 flu cases had been reported nationwide. That’s 26 times more flu cases by the last week of this year than by the last week of 2011.

Can't sleep because the body aches are so severe. I just can't get comfy. I managed to keep down some Sprite (knock on wood). Hoping I am done puking. My poor husband had to clean up the bathroom for me because the first round was so violent I barely made it to the bathroom.

Stomach is so cramped right now but at least I am not freezing cold. I think the other portion of this is gearing up. DS pooped his pants 3 times yesterday. Sorry to be graphic but this is just so brutal.

Hope you were all able to get some rest and feel better this morning.

Interesting. I did think twice when I was shaking hands at Mass yesterday.

Well last night I took DD10 to the ER because her fever went to 106 again after the motrin. I had talked with the pediatrician earlier but at 10pm I had a gut instinct that something wasn't right.
She has pneumonia! I am so glad I took her.

Well last night I took DD10 to the ER because her fever went to 106 again after the motrin. I had talked with the pediatrician earlier but at 10pm I had a gut instinct that something wasn't right.
She has pneumonia! I am so glad I took her.

Oh no! Now what? How do they treat that?

Clars I hope you were able to eventually get some rest. :huggy:

Can't sleep because the body aches are so severe. I just can't get comfy. I managed to keep down some Sprite (knock on wood). Hoping I am done puking. My poor husband had to clean up the bathroom for me because the first round was so violent I barely made it to the bathroom.

Stomach is so cramped right now but at least I am not freezing cold. I think the other portion of this is gearing up. DS pooped his pants 3 times yesterday. Sorry to be graphic but this is just so brutal.

Hoping you and your ds are better soon! Sounds awful!

In Boston, the Archdiocese wants folks to bow to each other instead of handshaking, as well as urging folks to stay home if they are ill.

Back