What's new

quiet

70 bucks an hour wouldn't even get my mom to listen to me ****.

Try 395 bucks an hour.

BitterPen said:
I don't want to tell them the truth. I feel like if I tell them the truth, they'll lock me up... or something.

the only way they will lock you up is if they find reason to believe that you are of immediate danger to yourself or someone else.
the suprising thing you will find is that when you finally come out with the stuff that you think is so unusual, they don't batt an eyelid.

Newk said:
70 bucks an hour wouldn't even get my mom to listen to me ****.

Try 395 bucks an hour.

*nods* you might pay a bit more like that if you were going for the real deal psychiatrist, but if you're just doing run of the mill counselling you can go a lot cheaper. psychologists tend to be more friendly, less cold or jaded.

I found they never say things I don't already know. I guess that kind of 'sounding board' therapy works for some, but I can get the same sort of thing out of my friends, and they from me...and all it costs is a pitcher or two of beer.

BitterPen said:
I don't want to tell them the truth. I feel like if I tell them the truth, they'll lock me up... or something.

doesn't that sorta defeat the whole point of going?

I've never been to one, so I only know what I've seen on TV and in the movies.

mark said:
doesn't that sorta defeat the whole point of going?
I've never been to one, so I only know what I've seen on TV and in the movies.
women. :p

i assumed from tv and movies that they would sit there, looking at you judgingly with a note-book and pen in hand, scribling unknown things about you.
my psychiatrist sits backwards on his swivel chair without a pen or paper in sight and cracks jokes.

kelkel said:
women. :p

i assumed from tv and movies that they would sit there, looking at you judgingly with a note-book and pen in hand, scribling unknown things about you.
my psychiatrist sits backwards on his swivel chair without a pen or paper in sight and cracks jokes.

I've always had the one that sits and stares at you judgingly... I guess that's another reason I hate them so.

Back