What's new

Sad anniversary for me

eiramnoaj

It's certainly much better to kick **** than to be
PF Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd explain my new siggy pic.

Eleven years ago today my Mom passed away. She was diagnosed with lung cancer the day before Thanksgiving in 1998 and passed away a few weeks before Christmas in 1999. :pout: (Stupid **** doctor gave her the general diagnosis that day and told her there was more testing to be done to determine the course of treatment but that she should just have a Happy Thanksgiving and they'd deal with it after the holiday. Oh how I would have loved to smack him.)

Tomorrow is the feast of the Immaculate Conception. I like to go to the vigil Mass as a way to remember my Mom.

I'll say a prayer for both of you when I go to Mass tonight, Joan :huggy:

This morning, my 9 year old asked me what today's date was, and someone else in the room said it was the 8th. Crap, I thought....a million things to do, it's freezing cold, I don't want to add Mass to my to-do list. I felt better when I realized that it was actually the 7th and I could plan today how to fit church in tomorrow. But I'll admit....it's darn cold and I was already starting to think of excuses to wiggle out of Mass tomorrow. Now, though, I'll make the effort to go. And I'll keep you and your mom in my intentions.

It is also National Pearl Harbor Day.

Hugs Joan....my nana also died from lung cancer.....this Dec 13 it will be 28 years....I was 9 years old and I still remember how she smelled when she would hug me...every now and then when I'm shopping I buy some Shower to Shower pink powder just to remind me of her.....

My mom's birthday is December 13th..... she'll be 85

Thanks so much guys! I'm trying not to read this thread too closely while I'm at here at the office 'cause it's kind of hard to pretend I'm hard at work if I'm sitting here all weepy. :pout:

My mom was only 62 when she died.

I really appreciate all the kind words and the prayers. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss :huggy::huggy: much too young. My dad was 55, and it is hard not to think about all the years you could/should have had. But it looks like she was a wonderful mother who loved you very much in the years you did have. Many prayers for you.

Thanks so much guys! I'm trying not to read this thread too closely while I'm at here at the office 'cause it's kind of hard to pretend I'm hard at work if I'm sitting here all weepy. :pout:

My mom was only 62 when she died.

I really appreciate all the kind words and the prayers. :hug:

that is so wonderful...

and Aunt Bea had a mother? who knew?

yeah, ..... and she's really ornery

My dad is going straighttttttttttttttttttttt to heaven... just saying :)

My Dad was 53 yrs young when he died, my Mom followed 2 short yrs after him at 52 yrs young. Some of us are cheated...
You let the sadness visit every once in awhile, but don't let it set up permanent residence.

Joan I'm so sorry for your pain. 62 was too young. :huggy:

:huggy: :huggy: :huggy: I'm sorry you lost your mom at a younger age. I'm sure you miss her very much. Maybe when you're at home later you could share a story about your mom? You don't have to, but we're listening if you want to. :huggy:

my prayers and thoughts out to you and all who loved your mom

Back