What's new

School Shopping..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much have you spent this year???

• Less than $100 **** the kids... Make 'em buy their own ****...

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • $100-$299 Not too bad... Could have been worse.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $300-$600 Week's earnings down the drain

• $600+ Tell us about your second mortgage...

• Total voters
did I mention they need some kicks in the nuts?

I see both points but it really should be the schools job to provide the supplies for the teachers or give them a smaller yearly budget for the teachers to order supplies based on their class needs.

Deviant said:
I'm sure it's Nevada. My mother and grandmother bought their own supplies (both were teachers)

I don't mean to go back and forth but when I think about that happening here I think of the young poor kids (which is the majority of kids here) who can barely afford new clothes for school having to buy some person their own supplies when that person makes about 40 to 45k a year and the kids parents COMBINED barely make 35k a year.

****, up untill highschool all my parentscould afford me were two pairs of pants and four shirts to alternate throughout the WHOLE YEAR. Could you imagine what it woulda been like if they also had to buy teahers' supplies for 4 kids?

Don't get me wrong I don't really feel that the parents shoud be buying things like that either. In fact I think very often school fees themselves are way too high.

But if you look at a lot of the stuff on the lists you see, these aren't things my teachers ever had to buy, it was things provided by the schools when I was growing up. And I think it should still be that way. The schools should be providing the classrooms with these items so it is not a concern or shopping issue for either the parents or the teachers.

Kyp said:
I see both points but it really should be the schools job to provide the supplies for the teachers or give them a smaller yearly budget for the teachers to order supplies based on their class needs.

Exactly.

In a lot of areas they are trying to get together like a small shopping budget per teacher so that they can get items like these out of the school budget and not have to worry about getting them from parents. I still think that is too much focus on the teachers, the school should have the items for them to get out of stock as needed.

The problem is so many schools and school districts are often very poorly run and all the money is at the top of the food chain. You have school district superintendents making 6 figures with car and clothing allowances, the football team getting new uniforms every year and yet parents are having to buy cleaning supplies for their kids classrooms. That's where you call bullshit.

Eison said:
Exactly.

In a lot of areas they are trying to get together like a small shopping budget per teacher so that they can get items like these out of the school budget and not have to worry about getting them from parents. I still think that is too much focus on the teachers, the school should have the items for them to get out of stock as needed.

The problem is so many schools and school districts are often very poorly run and all the money is at the top of the food chain. You have school district superintendents making 6 figures with car and clothing allowances, the football team getting new uniforms every year and yet parents are having to buy cleaning supplies for their kids classrooms. That's where you call bullshit.
Very true.

I spent about $500 on supplies.

If by supplies you mean DVDs and beer...for myself. :shifty:

We are in Nashville now... moved back in November. :shifty:

Vegas was worse & the school system is AWFUL!!! Their school supply list last year (in Vegas) was a page long for each kid... It was ridiculous.

you shouldn't be telling us that.

BitterPen said:

I reply that to most of his posts

:p

If I have a kid the **** is just going to private school or better yet a boarding school over seas so I don't have to raise them :p

Kyp said:
I reply that to most of his posts

:p

If I have a kid the **** is just going to private school or better yet a boarding school over seas so I don't have to raise them :p

Yeah like the mother would want you to have any contact with the kid other than spending your child support checks on it.

BitterPen said:

What happens in vegas stays in Vegas, so tales of school supply shopping (in Vegas) are forbidden.

Back