What's new

Short of beating them, how do you sweat confessions out of your kids?

Peacock76

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
Just wiped off my kitchen table, only to discover that "someone" has poked a hole in it.

table.jpg

I will admit that I cannot recall the last time I wiped off the table...it was probably last Thursday because I've pretty much been gone at dinner time since then.

DD14 hasn't replied to my text.
It has to be DD14 or SD16, since DH wouldn't do it.

WTF?! (Excuse my angry, vulgar outburst.)

I am so pissed! It's like there was a knot in the wood & some little F'er picked at it & pushed it through. Makes me want to poke a hole in their cell phone screens.

So, what interrogation techniques work for you? Usually I can say, "So, DD, I heard from a friend that you were seen doing XYZ. Spill." They fall for it everytime, so that is my go to method when I have a hunch about something. This is a silent crime. :p

I can usually smell which twin did what. I have a nightstand that one twin decided to ruin by picking at the corner of a piece of wood. So now my $$$$$$$ bedroom set looks like crap because she dd that when she was 3.

I would just play a little game of who knows what and eventually they start to feel guilty and confess. At least that is the way it works around here.

My money is on DD14. She's a picker. :gah:

I let dh figure it out. He was up to all sorts of no good when he was a kid and tends to know how it goes. I was, well, basically a goody two shoes which now leaves me clueless.

If I can be 1000 percent certain it is NOT my DD, I will let DH handle it with his DD. He won't handle it well, though. He'll say, "You can't be doing things like that" and that'll be it. :gah:

Tell them they'll both be punished if one of them does not step forward then set them in a room together to "discuss". That usually works...did when I was a kid anyway!

Tell them they'll both be punished if one of them does not step forward then set them in a room together to "discuss". That usually works...did when I was a kid anyway!

I just might! They would HATE that. They are not getting along lately. :pout:

Bummer, that is a really cool looking table.

Yeah, it is. I love it. It's an old farm table, so it's all worn. It's not in pristine condition, like there are some dents in it & a warped spot, but it's "rustic" looking. I can handle dents. I can even handle the occasional nail polish spot. But a hole is different. I'm sure I can patch it.

I wonder what the offender used to poke the hole. Maybe I will hide all of the pens, pencils, nail tools, scissors, etc. and make them "check out" such items. If they are going to act like 4yo's, we can't have those things laying around anymore. :dunce:

Well that didn't take long! DD14 is easier to crack than I was anticipating. Maybe she's not a devious as I think she is.

text1.jpg

text2.jpg

text3.jpg

text4.jpg

text5.jpg

:snort:

Could it have in any bizarre way have been an accident? I'm guessing that's what they will say....

Could it have in any bizarre way have been an accident? I'm guessing that's what they will say....

No, and it wasn't one of the cats, either. DH tried to say it was a cat, out of fear for his baby SD16 I'm sure.

DD14 confessed. See above. :lol:

No, and it wasn't one of the cats, either. DH tried to say it was a cat, out of fear for his baby SD16 I'm sure.

DD14 confessed. See above. :lol:

Just saw this on dogshaming and thought of your table.

tumblr_mb2y9fh2yE1re4ne0o1_500.jpg

Our boys are all terrible liars. Doesn't stop them from trying, just they are bad at it and it's always obvious who's the culprit.

My children know when asked if you get caught lying the punishment is way more severe.

However because I do know some cops My oldest ds17 still believes at the drop of a hat I can get a lie detector test done through the police.

My children know when asked if you get caught lying the punishment is way more severe.

However because I do know some cops My oldest ds17 still believes at the drop of a hat I can get a lie detector test done through the police.

:lol: That's hillarious! I think I will use that: Are you telling the truth? Cuz I know a woman who knows a guy who has a lie detector.... :snicker:

Back