What's new

Short of beating them, how do you sweat confessions out of your kids?

Don't remind me. I'm afraid of the American education system as it is. I'm watching what you guys do, especially the home schoolers, and already starting to plan what I'll have to add to the boy's education. I already know that I have to add world history and geography down the road and I'm making sure Lex can read and knows basic math (addition/subtraction) before he starts kindergarten. That's about as far as I've progressed so far.

Haven't figured out what I'm going to do about spelling, since the way I spell words may or may not be marked correct and of course I may only know the English way of spelling rather than American. It is certainly going to be an interesting road.

Don't remind me. I'm afraid of the American education system as it is. I'm watching what you guys do, especially the home schoolers, and already starting to plan what I'll have to add to the boy's education. I already know that I have to add world history and geography down the road and I'm making sure Lex can read and knows basic math (addition/subtraction) before he starts kindergarten. That's about as far as I've progressed so far.

Haven't figured out what I'm going to do about spelling, since the way I spell words may or may not be marked correct and of course I may only know the English way of spelling rather than American. It is certainly going to be an interesting road.

For sure!!! I went to public school and I knew nothing about world history and very little geography after high school. It amazes me that people from other countries know about American history because I know nothing about theirs. :surrender:

The school system as it is is failing our children. :pout:

Back