What's new

Should roids be legal in sports?

Sorry jarekd1234 but I think you are totally wrong. I can't understand why are you saying all this things, when everybody knows the consequences of steroids. I agree with Portland Timbers, he has said it all. It's a waste of time trying to prove you jarekd something that is already proved. No matter what, steroids will always be really bad to our body. We all know its effects.

If you abuse steroids, yeah, they're bad. If you abusy anything, it will be bad for you.

'We' don't know its effects. There are NO long term scientific studies done. We have none. There are short-term studies lasting a few months, and scientists are yet to find any serious health risks associated with steroid use in healthy adult males, not children or women, where you have serious health risks. All those 'steroids will kill you or rot your liver' is over-exaggerated by the media and the government. I don't blame people for not knowing anything, from a young age you're told 'steroids are bad and kill you' and that's repeated hundreds of times, you grow believing it, you spread that out to others and that's how they have such a bad rep.

To simply put it again: there is no evidence. Steroids are miracle drugs. They help people when they're sick. They help children grow bigger and healthier. They help to treat AIDS, muscle atrophy, dangerously low levels of testosterone(Hormone Replacement Therapy).

They help you when you're sick, they kill you when you're an athlete? Please.

I am yet to see anyone in this thread show me any evidence. I'm looking for studies. No proof has been posted here.

I would not support using steroids. I believe it is best to keep sports as clean as possible. If athletes would be allowed to use steroids, they should create special events for them.

I would not support using steroids. I believe it is best to keep sports as clean as possible. If athletes would be allowed to use steroids, they should create special events for them.

Out of curiosity, how do you think we can keep athletes 'clean'?

If we would somehow make them 'clean' and invent drug testing that works 100% and cannot pass it, you'd see athletes getting injured more often, playing less often, being weaker, slower etc.

Think about it. Sport industry is all about money. By not breaking new records/giving the audience what they want to see, all those companies/athletes lose money. Do they want it? No.

Now you can see how brainwashing works.

Did you bother watching videos I posted, or you just watched the videos that were full of **** and some weren't even about steroids(synthol is an oil that you inject into your muscles, not an anabolic steroid).

I only want to make one correction to my previous statement: Some of these videos really had an impact on me BUT I still stick to my first opinion: NO ROIDS IN SPORTS!

If you abuse steroids, yeah, they're bad. If you abusy anything, it will be bad for you.

'We' don't know its effects. There are NO long term scientific studies done. We have none. There are short-term studies lasting a few months, and scientists are yet to find any serious health risks associated with steroid use in healthy adult males, not children or women, where you have serious health risks. All those 'steroids will kill you or rot your liver' is over-exaggerated by the media and the government. I don't blame people for not knowing anything, from a young age you're told 'steroids are bad and kill you' and that's repeated hundreds of times, you grow believing it, you spread that out to others and that's how they have such a bad rep.

To simply put it again: there is no evidence. Steroids are miracle drugs. They help people when they're sick. They help children grow bigger and healthier. They help to treat AIDS, muscle atrophy, dangerously low levels of testosterone(Hormone Replacement Therapy).

They help you when you're sick, they kill you when you're an athlete? Please.

I am yet to see anyone in this thread show me any evidence. I'm looking for studies. No proof has been posted here.

Obvious denial and the most stupid posting I have ever read... no disrespect.

I am totally in awe of your absolute ignorance... I have worked within several sports stadiums around the world without giving too much away. And I have never heard such utter tripe in my 37 years of being alive.

I would never ever allow someone like you with your opinions near any of the athletes or soccer players of the future that I may have affiliations to.

NO THE MAJORITY OF ATHELETES DO NOT USE DRUGS OR STEROIDS - Their careers depend on it.

Those who use steroids are those who get caught or are in non-professional sports where it does not matter as to whether they are cheats or not.

You are wrong on so many levels.

As for no scientific evidence - seriously dude take a walk around some of the sports rehab clinics, take a visit to one or speak to a sports GP.

You know absolutely nothing about steroids that is plain to read.

There are steroids that are useful in certain medical situations, these types of steroids are developed for medical use in medical conditions. That was just a pathetic attempt at trying to back up your rhetoric (which is dangerous).

As for the media - I will be the first to hold my hands up and condemn the mainstream for BS, but in this instance what you read about the dangers are correct.

This is NOT a conspiracy theory but science fact unfortunately - whoever has spoken to you about steroids has done a good job of brainwashing you - well done to them!

NO THE MAJORITY OF ATHELETES DO NOT USE DRUGS OR STEROIDS - Their careers depend on it.

Please, explain to me, how do you know they're clean? There are many ways to pass drug tests. Some drugs aren't even detectable at all.

FYI: Bodybuilders, who are 300lbs+ (Which is not possible to attain naturally, as you know) are drug tested. NFL players are almost as big as modern days bodybuilders, they run at each other at full speed, multiple times daily, yet they seem to pass drug tests and recover magically quickly.

Those who use steroids are those who get caught or are in non-professional sports where it does not matter as to whether they are cheats or not.

What would be the point of using them, if it's 100% you're gonna get caught?

As for no scientific evidence - seriously dude take a walk around some of the sports rehab clinics, take a visit to one or speak to a sports GP.

I'm waiting for you to post studies. I can go around every gym in the world, and talk to thousands of people that have used steroids and are completely healthy. Plenty of anecdotal evidence on my side. I'm waiting for you to post ANY scientific evidence.

You know absolutely nothing about steroids that is plain to read.

lol

There are steroids that are useful in certain medical situations, these types of steroids are developed for medical use in medical conditions. That was just a pathetic attempt at trying to back up your rhetoric (which is dangerous).

Anabolic Steroids (synthetic versions of human hormone testosterone) are illegal in sport, but are used to treat low testosterone levels, AIDS and are used in Hormone Replacement Therapy. Is it not fair for an athlete who is let's say 38, and his testosterone levels(which drop after around 26?) are much, much lower than those of a 25 year old athlete, to use them to make the playing field 'equal'? Why are we allowing women to go on contraceptive pills(synthetic versions of female hormone oestrogen) but synthetic testosterone is bad? Why are we allowing women to turn into men by taking anabolic steroids?

As for the media - I will be the first to hold my hands up and condemn the mainstream for BS, but in this instance what you read about the dangers are correct.

All I see is 'steroids will kill you and rot your liver' but I'm not seeing any scientific studies except those who show minor side effects in healthy adult males.

This is NOT a conspiracy theory but science fact unfortunately - whoever has spoken to you about steroids has done a good job of brainwashing you - well done to them!

A 'science fact' has scientific studies to prove it. You, on the other side, have not provided me with anything.

I don't know if atheletes use steroids or not, I admit there isn't 100% you're going to get caught. But, as you said, "If you abuse steroids, they're bad. If you abusy anything, it will be bad for you." Tell me who doesn't abuse steroids after trying them? It's not possible to use steroids properly, they are synthetic testosterone like you said. Do you know the consequences of an excess of testosterone?

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4815672_high-testosterone-side-effects-men.html

Some side effects of high testosterone levels are temporary and resolve when testosterone levels return to normal, but other effects may be permanent and require medical treatment

I like being a human being, I like having a natural body and a natural life.
If you want to use steroids, use them it's your body. But please don't push anybody to do it too.

I don't know if atheletes use steroids or not, I admit there isn't 100% you're going to get caught. But, as you said, "If you abuse steroids, they're bad. If you abusy anything, it will be bad for you." Tell me who doesn't abuse steroids after trying them? It's not possible to use steroids properly, they are synthetic testosterone like you said. Do you know the consequences of an excess of testosterone?

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4815672_high-testosterone-side-effects-men.html

I like being a human being, I like having a natural body and a natural life.
If you want to use steroids, use them it's your body. But please don't push anybody to do it too.

People use them safely. They CAN be used safely. Abusing is when you take too much, which, of anything, can kill you/harm you. Excess means too much, I can post the same stuff for water, alcohol, vitamin C, basically anything.

As for side effects, you just posted a link with no evidence to back it up. No studies, again.

High levels of testosterone are associated with aggression, YET studies, that give men a dose of testosterone, show no significant difference. See Tricker et al. 1996, who gave 43 males either a 600mg per week of testosterone or placebo, and for 12 weeks there were no differences noted. That's how a proper study is carried out. Double-blind study, where neither the participant nor the researcher administering the substance knew who has what. Studies on rats show something else, and that's how they are known to 'cause roid rage' bullshit.

Apart from acne, hair loss(it speeds up the process, if you were predisposed to lose your hair earlier), testicular shrinkage, female breast tissue deposit, there are no other side effects shown in studies. They are all irreversible.

You like having a natural body, that's good. What would you do if you had dangerously low testosterone levels, when you're 40+? Would you rather suffer the consequences or improve your quality of life putting it back to healthy levels?

It might allow for more extreme physical capabilites, but when enough, enough? Many people continue to want more and more. Bigger and better. I appreciate watching the real competition of natural human capabilities. Steroid users would have to be in a different league where it is known.

It might allow for more extreme physical capabilites, but when enough, enough? Many people continue to want more and more. Bigger and better. I appreciate watching the real competition of natural human capabilities. Steroid users would have to be in a different league where it is known.

Implying athletes are natural.

notsureifsrs.jpg

Apart from acne, hair loss(it speeds up the process, if you were predisposed to lose your hair earlier), testicular shrinkage, female breast tissue deposit, there are no other side effects shown in studies. They are all irreversible.

You like having a natural body, that's good. What would you do if you had dangerously low testosterone levels, when you're 40+? Would you rather suffer the consequences or improve your quality of life putting it back to healthy levels?

Do you think there are few side effects? You have counted by youself! Acne, hair loss, testicular shrinkage, prostate cancer, what else? Do you think it really worth it?

If I had low testosterone levels I would do what my doctor says, if he thinks I should take some kind of hormone, I'd do it.

I'm agree with btatro, people always want more and more. Nobody is satisfied, never!

Steroids should not be allowed in sports. First of all it is cheating when you take steroids. You don't have to work as hard in the weight room. Steroids also have serious effects on your body and your health. They are not only not allowed because of the cheating aspect, but also they want the athletes to live a healthy life.

Steroids should not be allowed in sports. First of all it is cheating when you take steroids. You don't have to work as hard in the weight room. Steroids also have serious effects on your body and your health. They are not only not allowed because of the cheating aspect, but also they want the athletes to live a healthy life.

This is exactly how media works. They feed you what they want you to think, and boom, we have uneducated people who have no clue about something talk bullshit like this.

Do you think there are few side effects? You have counted by youself! Acne, hair loss, testicular shrinkage, prostate cancer, what else? Do you think it really worth it?

If I had low testosterone levels I would do what my doctor says, if he thinks I should take some kind of hormone, I'd do it.

I'm agree with btatro, people always want more and more. Nobody is satisfied, never!

All those side effects are reversible once you come off(except gyno, but you can have surgery, just like people have breast implants, lipo etc. cheap and safe). You can prevent from acne/gyno by taking other drugs. Proper Post Cycle Therapy will make sure you recover properly after a cycle. Prostate cancer? As likely to happen as if you weren't using them, another made up side effect.

Sport in itself isn't really 'healthy'. I'm talking about professional athletes, who force their bodies to work extremely hard and it can really take a toll on you. Not to mention multiple surgeries they go through each season.

This is exactly how media works. They feed you what they want you to think, and boom, we have uneducated people who have no clue about something talk bullshit like this.

All those side effects are reversible once you come off(except gyno, but you can have surgery, just like people have breast implants, lipo etc. cheap and safe). You can prevent from acne/gyno by taking other drugs. Proper Post Cycle Therapy will make sure you recover properly after a cycle. Prostate cancer? As likely to happen as if you weren't using them, another made up side effect.

Sport in itself isn't really 'healthy'. I'm talking about professional athletes, who force their bodies to work extremely hard and it can really take a toll on you. Not to mention multiple surgeries they go through each season.

Excuse me, but it's more likely to suffer from prostate cancer if you are taking synthetic testosterone. I would like to make you a question: Why do you think media doesn't want people take steroids? I think this doesn't make sense, because it's more convenient for the media to advertise steroids, so more people will buy them.

Excuse me, but it's more likely to suffer from prostate cancer if you are taking synthetic testosterone. I would like to make you a question: Why do you think media doesn't want people take steroids? I think this doesn't make sense, because it's more convenient for the media to advertise steroids, so more people will buy them.

Care to link me to any studies regarding prostate cancer?

Anyway, do you really think the government wants to have strong, fit, muscular, and confident men in the country? No, they want a bunch of pussies who do whatever they are told. This way we can all be controlled easier. Not to mention that supplement companies who sell all kinds of useless supplements would lose milions if steroids were made legal.

A woman can get a fake penis, take steroids since being a child, have multiple butt/face/breast surgeries, obesity, alcohol, tobacco, they're all allowed to make money, despite killing people.

Men's testosterone levels have dropped by 17% overall from 1987. We're turning into girls basically.

They're legal to use in medicine though, and legalisation of it for healthy adult male above the age of around 21, under the supervision of a doctor who knows everything, could prevent people abusing them. Guess what, it's never going to happen. We're just going to kill ourselves with alcohol, tobacco and obesity(which is now widely accepted unfortunately).

I would say no. The negative effects it can have on people are way to risky to allow it in sports. Who wants to see their favorite athlete all pumped up on steroids. It removes that aspect of having a role model that you can relate to, and that makes you feel like someday that could be you. Not to mention the horrible rises in teen and child use of steroids. If you had Lebron James posted up all over the internet with a bong smoking and condoning marijuanna, all of his followers and fans would be effected by that.

I would say no. The negative effects it can have on people are way to risky to allow it in sports. Who wants to see their favorite athlete all pumped up on steroids. It removes that aspect of having a role model that you can relate to, and that makes you feel like someday that could be you. Not to mention the horrible rises in teen and child use of steroids. If you had Lebron James posted up all over the internet with a bong smoking and condoning marijuanna, all of his followers and fans would be effected by that.

Good. You keep believing everything on TV.

Go visit your nearest sports science clinics - new techniques can find even trace levels at thousandths of parts per milli blood.

I do not need to back up anything to you - I'm not even going to try convince you.

You are wrong I am right... simple as that.

I don't think steroids should be allowed in sports. It's just a sorry excuse of athletes who don't want to make serious effort with their training. It is basically cheating. Plus, as a lot of you had mentioned, steroids will definitely take a toll on the athletes' health.

Back