What's new

Someone PLEASE help me understand this

What a mess. I'm so sorry Joy. Remember to focus now on the things that the two of you can do together now, like school. Of course, take all the time you need to mourn and heal together first.
She is lucky to have you with through all of this, you are one awesome mom. <3

I totally agree!

I'm so sorry Joy. :pout:

I understand and feel your family's pain. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take care

I am so very sorry for your daughter's loss and the loss of your grandchild. I hope having closure on Monday will allow you to both start the healing process.

I am so sorry for your loss. I was really hoping for the best for you both. It's all very sad. Your daughter is so lucky to have such a wonderfully strong & supportive mother.

:huggy: to you and your daughter. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so very sorry :huggy: for you and DD

I think so, we were planning to then we changed doctors and it was the first doctor who ordered the test so I think I should ask the new doc to re-order it anyway?

She's REALLY sick with the flu for 3 days now...apparently the pre-op nurse called her yesterday (as she was getting to a friends dinner party) and she just remembered to tell me like an hour ago :gah:

She said they were asking her if she's been sick with a cold etc. in the last 3 weeks so now she's all freaked out that she's going to get there and they are going to turn her away because she is sick.

And told her she needs to go to the pharmacy and pick up some special soap to wash with Sunday night and Monday morning but she can't remember what it is called :gah: :gah:

I HATE it that since she is over 18 they of course call her from the hospital. I get she's an "adult" but not really since Mommy is still taking care of her. :giggles:

I have to figure out what this soap is and go in search of it tomorrow.

Is she going to go ahead and get the cardiac work up? To be prepared for the future and make infomed/healthy future decisions?

First of all, :huggy:! Hang in there!

I HATE it that since she is over 18 they of course call her from the hospital. I get she's an "adult" but not really since Mommy is still taking care of her. :giggles:

ONE office told me they couldn't talk to me because she is 18....I handed the phone back.

OMGoodness...just happened to me! My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago and the pharmacy called to tell us that some meds were ready. I asked which ones but they politely told me that they could only tell her that information! :gah: Actually, I kinda laughed (in a kind way) and said I would relay the message. But I think it's the beginning of yet another long road, considering my daughter and her...hmmm...issues(?).

(Sorry to hijack a serious subject...I've just been thinking about it all lately)

I've actually been pretty "lucky" so far. Both doctor's offices happily talked to me about everything when I would call. They never once said anything about the fact that technically she is an adult etc. I suppose it should have occurred to me that the hospital would call before the procedure :dunce:

I'll make sure she tells them on Monday to tell me everything when they are done about how it went etc.

Don't worry about the soap. Basically if you have antibacterial soap around the house, just use that instead. Its a CYA on there part b/c of all the staph infections. Either that or they have a kickback scheme going in with the soap company. I was told the same thing and the woman also told me that antibacterial soap was just as good.

Thank you!!! :hug:

I was NOT looking forward to having to go ask the pharmacist tomorrow.

Don't worry about the soap. Basically if you have antibacterial soap around the house, just use that instead. Its a CYA on there part b/c of all the staph infections. Either that or they have a kickback scheme going in with the soap company. I was told the same thing and the woman also told me that antibacterial soap was just as good.

My daughter is AMAZING. She handled today much better than I ever could have at her age. She has made her peace with the situation, she said that having the last few weeks has given her time and she feels for women who find out there is a problem and then have to have a D & C right away. They were so sweet to her, the hospital gave her a folder with all kinds of resources, a really sweet letter expressing their sympathy for her loss, and a beautiful poem.

They will do testing to see if they can find a cause or if it was just "one of those things". The remains will then be buried at St. Michael The Archangel, which just happens to be across from Harper, so I think it is a comfort that she'll be close when she starts her classes.

Physically she is doing well. I thought she'd be totally out of it and sleep all afternoon (general anesthetic) but nope...we came home and piled up but it was me who slept for an hour while she was on the internet. :giggles:

She insisted on going to Jewel with me to pick out the bird, which turned out to include a stop at Dollar Tree and Target. I think tomorrow she'll probably sleep all day though.

Thank you all for your support and prayers, it means the world to me. :hug:

Joy thanks for the update.

I'm so sorry for all you and your daughter had to go through but hope she (and you) can start to heal.

Joy you've all dealt with this with such grace.............God bless you all.

Prayers for a mother who loves and cares and comforts.
Prayers for a daughter who is brave and strong and had to do so much growing up in such a short time.
Prayers for those who attended to her today with kindness and compassion.
Prayers for your little angel baby...

Praying for you both tonight, for comfort, for sleep, for a better tomorrow. You are such a wonderful mother, and you have such a brave daughter. What a difficult event to go through for someone so young. {{{hugs}}}

I'm sorry Joy, prayers and hugs to you and DD...she is lucky to have such a great mom to help her through such a tough time!

Back