What's new

suicide is selfish

Nice opinion night.

and good idea alicia. But then again we never think of good things until after it's happened :p

Nova thinks don't always work out, they didn't want to upset the man and calling 'professionals' would have upset him and most probably made the situation worse...?

I say let the professionals deal with it. How would you feel if you failed in your attempt to prevent him from doing harm to himself? At least if you hand it over to people trained to deal with people who are suicidal then you won't have to live with "what ifs" for the rest of your life. In addition, I could see the suicide's family being outraged that you did not call for professional help who may have saved the victim and prevented a tragedy.

Give him a bottle of jack and some oxy's and let him roll

then walk away like he never existed, because he didn't.. weakness

It is hard for some people to do that, but in the end it is his decision.

Slack with Me said:
Give him a bottle of jack and some oxy's and let him roll

then walk away like he never existed, because he didn't.. weakness

yeah sure and then when he dies i can feel responsible for that

spunkey monkey said:

yeah sure and then when he dies i can feel responsible for that

AS difficult as it is to get your head around this statement, Spunkey, it is one that could help you.

Never forget that you have no control over PEOPLE, PLACES or THINGS. The only person you can control is YOU!

Although it is nice to think that you can rescue this person, when push comes to shove he has the final say. If he kills himself, o well. You don't own his actions so why would you feel responsible?

I agree, its good if you try to stop the person from doing harmful things to themselves. In the end it comes down to the person, if they do it to themselves it is their fault not yours. All you can say is you tried your best and that is it.

ok i know i am not responsible for his acctions and all that however if i am the one that gives him the pills or anything else then yeah i think i would be responsible then

Maybe but if he decides to kill himself with it then it is his fault.

spunkey monkey said:
ok i know i am not responsible for his acctions and all that however if i am the one that gives him the pills or anything else then yeah i think i would be responsible then
But we were not talking about you giving him pills, etc. Grant it, it was mentioned by a poster but we were talking about a guy who was already discussing ending his life.

He does not seem to want anyone to help. He is seeking attention and seems to get a perverse pleasure out of seeing people re-act. Fool him the next time and don't re-act. ACT! Call 911 and let the professionals handle it. call his bluff and refuse to feed into his attention seeking. People like him are emotionally draining. Call it brain drain. With a few acting and voice lessons he would probably make it big in Hollywood.

but still its just the fact if i dont at least try to stop it if i know what is going on then i WILL feel in somepart responsible because i didnt do anything

Nova, you need a smilie that is throwing its hands up in exasperation.

spunkey monkey said:
but still its just the fact if i dont at least try to stop it if i know what is going on then i WILL feel in somepart responsible because i didnt do anything

Well try by all means, but in the end if he harms himself don't blame yourself. It is his decision in the end.

Nightshade200 said:
If people want to die, give them the finger and go on about your business and do not let them get to you. Personally I would have socked them a good one for being stupid. If people want to be that way, make sure you let them know that in doing that they are nothing but a worthless waste of genetic material.

If I really loved the person I don't think I'd be able to live with myself for not trying atleast a little. *sigh* suicide really does piss me off.

Nightshade200 said:
Thats the problem with the world today, people caring.

Thats seriously screwed up. That kind of thinking is what causes the problem in the first place.

Selfishness- the condition of habitually putting one's own interests before those of others

Selfishness is the cause of suicide.

greyscale42 said:

If I really loved the person I don't think I'd be able to live with myself for not trying atleast a little. *sigh* suicide really does piss me off.

Thats seriously screwed up. That kind of thinking is what causes the problem in the first place.

Selfishness- the condition of habitually putting one's own interests before those of others

Selfishness is the cause of suicide.

thank you finally someone who sees it somewhat my way

oh miss spunky....like i told you before it WOULDNT be your fault....we did everything we could that night except call the cops...and well these guys and gurls are right if he really wanted to do it he wouldnt have just took those pills he would have taken more i think we might have talked a little tiny bit of sense into that man ....love you hun

Back