What's new

Super Bowl Foods/Snacks

Valerie

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We don't have a SuperBowl party or attend one but I do usually make some types of snacks for dinner instead of a sit-down meal. Just wondering if anyone has anything fun planned?

So far, I think I'm gonna do....
-individual layered taco dip in cups
-meatballs
-pull apart pizza bread

small fruit kabobs
or strawberries alternated with pound cake or brownies

we are THINKING of maybe having a few people over--just because--certainly not because we like football--lol--well ds does..

small fruit kabobs
or strawberries alternated with pound cake or brownies

we are THINKING of maybe having a few people over--just because--certainly not because we like football--lol--well ds does..

You should correct that. You don't like American football, you like REAL Football.

(Should I turn on the flashing light now) :lol:

We are having friends over. We ordered a large party sandwich from the grocery store. DH is making chili, and I am making football cookies. We are also going to have chips, a veggie tray, beer, booze, and soda. I asked our friends to bring apps--so they are handling all the fun stuff. There is going to be so much food!

thats what SB parties are about--the food and beer--not necessarily the game :)

:)

thats what SB parties are about--the food and beer--not necessarily the game :)

:)

Yeah, I had to look up who was playing. :hides: I am pretty sure DH has no clue either.

Maybe I should make something fun... Off to Pinterest I go!

Crescent pinwheels.... And I want to try those wonton mozzarella sticks. And brownies with strawberries sound yummy!!

Homemade WC Sliders!!

IMG_0625.JPG

http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2009/06/white-castle-like-sliders-a-how-to/

Just made sliders last weekend for lunch or that would have been on my list....so yummy!

Eldest grandson's 13th birthday party (his other granny insists he still has a party so she can go Wilton/frosting crazy) @ 2 that day...by the time we get home we need naps after coming down on from the sugar high...nothing special planned...I am sort of bummed because many of my Sunday evening favorites won't be on the tube because they don't want to compete with the game...

Valerie, could I have the recipe for the pull apart pizza bread? Thanks!

Valerie, could I have the recipe for the pull apart pizza bread? Thanks!

http://stickafork.net/2012/11/pizza-pull-apart-bread/

This will be my first time making it but I'm sure it will be yummy!

Ingredients:
1/2 batch pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
Additional toppings of your choice

Directions:
On a floured surface, roll your pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife, cut the dough into long strips, then into squares, so you end up with about 20 squares. Stack the squares onto of each other, and stack into a greased loaf pan. (For pictures of this technique, check out how I did it with this cinnamon pull-apart bread). Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow to raise for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Baked for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to pizza to rest for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving platter. Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.

Usually I make a bunch of appetizers....kind of a Fun Dinner Night, so everyone can serve themselves. This year I'm ordering pizza because it's a very busy weekend. A friend of mine made jalapeno popper dip that was amazing. I'll email her for the recipe....it was SO good.

4-6 jalapenos
6 slices bacon cooked crispy chopped
2. 8oz cream cheese
1cup mayo
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onion
Mix above & spread in 8x11 baking dish
TOPPING
1 cup crushed Ritz
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick butter
Melt butter mix Ritz and parm sprinkle on top bake 350 for 20 30 minutes or until HOT and bubbly

Thanks Dragonfly, I think I might have that one pinned and one of my sisters made it for a party, was delicious!

4-6 jalapenos
6 slices bacon cooked crispy chopped
2. 8oz cream cheese
1cup mayo
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onion
Mix above & spread in 8x11 baking dish
TOPPING
1 cup crushed Ritz
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick butter
Melt butter mix Ritz and parm sprinkle on top bake 350 for 20 30 minutes or until HOT and bubbly

It probably is a Pinterest recipe.

I might make it. It was so good. :lol:

My friend made it for new years. Didn't have acon but it was sooooo good!!

Back