What's new

SuperJill on Nightline tonight(3/25)!

Definitely got the hoarder vibe from him. Who seriously needs that much jello! It would have been nice to see him dropping some of that stuff off at a food pantry....which I'm sure he does (at least I hope).

I thought Jill did great.He lives in the land of overages & doubles.These stores would have a heart failure giving someone $30 in overage.

Most states don't have sales tax on food. Illinois is one of the exceptions.

Great Job Jill!
A cart full of real food that the average family would/could buy, and reasonably store in their pantry on any given week.

But SuperJill, I must ask....please tell us what product(s) you have stockpiled so high that you could spell out the ABC logo in your driveway! (LOL, that was hilarious!)

I just watched the segment...Nathan seemed to have the approach of, "I'm going to show just how much of anything and everything I can get." This may seem perfectly normal to us, but it's hard for others to grasp why in the world anyone would buy that much stuff. Several of the comments are ridiculing that exact thing. Jill, on the other hand, seemed to pick a combination of things that more people would identify with, which makes it seem like a more reasonable shopping strategy for the average person. I don't think she was trying to show just how much she could get with the money. Instead, she was more focused on making couponing not seem ridiculous to someone who doesn't want a driveway full of Jello and who wants to eat more than just processed food.

Definitely got the hoarder vibe from him. Who seriously needs that much jello! It would have been nice to see him dropping some of that stuff off at a food pantry....which I'm sure he does (at least I hope).

Hoarder??? Really??? Just because it appears his entire garage was dedicated to his "stockpile"..........:lol:

And I don't know about you but if I had that much Jello I would definately be making a trip to the food pantry to donate.............Though they never did say how many are in his family..........

So ummmm yea......I can see that Jill may be having roast or steak for dinner and HBO for breakfast, maybe some broccoli, potatoes, onions or carrots along with her roast or steak, etc.

I'm just kind of curious what Nathan will be making with his tuna................:hides: (like I can talk with all my post cereal, LOL-though I did donate well over 50 boxes thank you :)

Though we can all hope that many will think us "extreme couponers" are so completely insane that they won't try it, right??!! I'm just sayin the more the general public thinks we are nuts the less we will have to share our product with.....kwim???? ;)

I didn't watch...too late for me...interesting comments...and a lot of plugs for websites...

She spent same as other guy, effectively, since she spent $50 and got $20 CATS and he spent $30....Jus' sayin.

There's no "fair" comparison as we all value various items differently.

I thought the shopping trip was pretty unfair for Jill since Nate went to Kroger, where they double coupons. Jill looked like the better shopper in terms of food for her family. Nate buys stuff to resell. No two people can go through that much food.

Tome Jill did the better job as I am a mother JUST trying to \feed her fam. Not turn a profit... to the next averge Joe that is trying to make $$ he did better.... so I guess it's all in what YOUR in for! :9:

yeah I think they should have touched on regional couponing diffferences since the show was a nationaly aired program--Jill doing THAT well outside a big city

I thought it was great that she showed healthyier eating instead of tuna, sugary cereal and ramen noodles

Great Job Jill!
A cart full of real food that the average family would/could buy, and reasonably store in their pantry on any given week.

Jill, on the other hand, seemed to pick a combination of things that more people would identify with, which makes it seem like a more reasonable shopping strategy for the average person. I don't think she was trying to show just how much she could get with the money. Instead, she was more focused on making couponing not seem ridiculous to someone who doesn't want a driveway full of Jello and who wants to eat more than just processed food.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Anytiime you're asked to do something like this, yes, we all know it can go one of two ways -- not everyone -wants- to stockpile massively, and I have done enough of these pieces to -know- better than to bring home a cartload of "unhealthy" stuff -- people can't relate to that. I try to visit almost every department in the store - produce, meat, frozen, dairy, etc - and put together a fairly balanced trip to show it -can- be done.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Anytiime you're asked to do something like this, yes, we all know it can go one of two ways -- not everyone -wants- to stockpile massively, and I have done enough of these pieces to -know- better than to bring home a cartload of "unhealthy" stuff -- people can't relate to that. I try to visit almost every department in the store - produce, meat, frozen, dairy, etc - and put together a fairly balanced trip to show it -can- be done.

Bravo!!!

ummm where did you get that Broccoli Q?

saw you did the meal deal thingy with veggies and a roast--did you use a wt?? : )

good week at jewel to have this challenge!

I didn't watch...too late for me...interesting comments...and a lot of plugs for websites...

Yup - it's like the websites are duking it out over there.

My site is better.
No my site is better.
:koolaid2:

ummm where did you get that Broccoli Q?

Earthbound Farm sends out a newsletter with coupons for organic produce :)

saw you did the meal deal thingy with veggies and a roast--did you sue a wt?? : )

No - I'd never use WTs on television. I think the audience would view them as a "cheat" and say "Oh, THAT's how they're getting meat so cheap, etc." I also didn't roll any Cats - I could have, certainly - but again, when they film your coupon stack getting scanned, you want everything shown to be on the level. I did a Fox piece last year in which I used a $10 Cat along with many, many other coupons to pay, and the commenters roasted it - "her bill should have been $18 not $8, she used a $10 Cat to pay," etc.

So - straight up trip, all coupons, no WTs or Cats. (Despite the fact that my coupon wallet is filled with YourBucks and CHILLs..!) Did use some of the Jewel Preferred Card Update book coupons though :)

Great Job, Jill!

What your husband said was very nice.... about being proud of you and preferring 50 cents filet mignon to free jello :)

Thanks. He doesn't post on my blog much at all (I think that's only the 3rd time he's been on) but he was struck by the huge contrast between the shopping trips shown.

Great job jill

huge contrast.
Love that he stated something your cart would look like his.
I'm sure you just got a ton more traffic to your site!
Really enjoyed it.

Haven't watched it Yet, about to. I've read the comments here and thinking this HAS GOT to be Nathan Engels.. the owner of Weusecoupons.com
or sometimes referred to her as wuc..... yep, it's him
Going to watch

Back