What's new

Tampons or pads?

Tampons. I hate pads... I stand up and feel Niagara Falls between my legs. Yuck. x_x

I wear pads when I am light.....
I can usually only wear tampons the first day. it hurts too much to wear them
even tho I have been sexually active for 2 years it still hurts :(

but I hate pads cause you gotta change them more frequently and they stink.

*** TMI Alert ***

I use pads because I have a horror story with tampons. The risk of TSS is very low, but I am very lucky I didn't die from it when I was 17. I used tampons for all of one week when I was about 15. The first one I put in was very uncomfortable and I didn't really like it, but assumed that the uncomfortable feeling was because it was the first tampon I'd ever used. The next went in easier and I couldn't feel it, but I am squeamish and the thought and process of tampons was just too much, so I stopped using them.

Fast forward a year and a half later. I was at an appointment with my gynecologist and she starting doing a vaginal exam. She was like "Hey! There's something in here!" :O She reached in with some long tweezer type things and pulled out a small, plastic tube. It was surrounded by fluid and infection. It was a tampon applicator! Last time I used a tampon? A year and a half earlier. That's right! That applicator was in me for a year and a half and I never felt it, so I didn't know. She said I was very lucky that I wasn't very sick or dead. She said if the applicator had been cardboard/paper instead of plastic, I would have been dead. It was so gross and I did get an infection from it after it was removed. So yeah, pads for me.

If you use tampons, please use the ones with plastic applicators!

I prefer tampons over pads because they are more comfortable for me. They are also more absorbent when it comes to my period at least. Pads don't.. exactly absorb all of it for me. And plus whenever I stand up and walk while wearing a pad, it feels uncomfortable; like I am wearing like a diaper, and my jeans feel even stiffer. But I will use pads at night when I sleep.

I use pads, I've heard bad stories about tampons so I've been a little scared to use them. Better safe than sorry. ^^'

I use pads. One of my best friends loved wearing tampons and told me to wear one. Well, I didn't use it until an emergency when I ran out of pads, but I just didn't like it. It was painful and uncomfortable. I wore the tampon for half an hour until my Nan came home with some pads and then got rid of it!

Since then I have not used a tampon and in all honesty, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The pads do the job for me and I'm comfortable in them so it's all good. Also as Sophie said, I've heard bad stories about tampons.

Back