What's new

Thrombocytopenia

newfly

Soooo demanding
PF Member
Reaction score
Thrombocytopenia - anyone have it or have it during pregnancy (idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura).

(Yes my ongoing saga just keeps getting better and better).

bless you :9:

I'll have to google that one.......................

In the mean time.............:huggy:

No, I had severe hyperemesis gravidarum all nine months of all three pregnancies. Yours sounds much more serious! :(

Who knew it would be such a challenge to deliver a baby without killing anyone. I'm supposed to be working, instead I'm trying to decide which is the lesser of all the evils.

Anyone know the infant mortality rate when you have a non-emergency c-section under general anesthesia? What about the maternal mortality rate under those same circumstances? How the hell am I supposed to decide what to do?

I do not know the mortality rate...but I was watching a show the other night on TLC about obese pregnant women...this lady must have been 600 pds. and they put her under general anesthesia and she survived...I am sorry to hear you are having trouble...I will pray for you and your baby.

Now that I googled it myself I can see your concern or at least I think I get it..it is low platelet count...does that mean you can bleed to death? I am not a dr. so this confuses me but either way I can understand your concern...I lost so much blood during my c-section that I actually became anemic. Maybe you can get a 2nd opinion on what they think is best?

I used to work in Oncology-Hematology and if I recall correctly, this often clears up after pregnancy, no?

I have absolutely no advice/experience to offer but just wanted to let you know that you and the little one will be in my prayers. :huggy:

Did your doctor give you any advice in regard to which way to go? I am sorry that I don't have any advice, but I will pray that you will find your answer soon!

I had a planned C-Section 33 years ago...when the epidural didn't take, they gave me general anesthesia (gas with a mask)...other than getting sick to my stomach neither DS nor I had any problems...

Re: 2nd opinion - I am going to deliver in the next two weeks. So don't really have time to get a second opinion.

MrsRed - yeah, but I have to get past delivery.

The problem is that it eliminates the possibility of having an epidural or spinal since, well I'm not really sure - you bleed into your spine and they can't stop the bleeding? I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this.

I'm trying to figure out how much of a hard head to be and take the chance on the epidural or are my odds better with general (which is where my doc is headed). I only just agreed to a repeat c-section and I'm not happy with that and now this.

(expletive deleted)

I want to have all of the choices that other mother's have and they are being taken away from me one by one. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner with no options. I don't do well when I'm being pushed where I don't want to go, but I just don't know enough to make an informed decision and I don't have time, literally and figuratively, to learn.

Even if I simply agree with what my doctor tells me I have to live with the consequences of that for the rest of my life.

Oh I see... Yikes.

:huggy:

I'll keep you in my prayers too. :pout:

Canadia, where you ever able to get in contact with asb's wife? I wonder if she has any experience with this.

I have absolutely no advice/experience to offer but just wanted to let you know that you and the little one will be in my prayers. :huggy:

:shesaid:

I know nothing about childbirth, so this could be a ridiculous question. Is it an option to get a platelet transfusion before your non-emergency c-section?

Canadia, where you ever able to get in contact with asb's wife? I wonder if she has any experience with this.

It shows asb's last visit was 3/27.

Back