What's new

Thrombocytopenia

You should sign a power of attorney health care proxy/advanced directive etc for you, Lex, & your new little one. Hospitals usually have you sign off in advance, that they may do whatever is necessary to safeguard lives, if you are not available to give consent at that later time.

I'm sure skincarekathy knows the law in IL, as the laws do vary by state.

You need to not only consider what is best for the new baby, but yourself, and Lex.

fixed that for you ;)

I am pretty sure my aunt was "put out" for the delivery of 5 babies. All healthy and well (mother and children). By baby 6, epidurals were out and she had an epidural for #6. I have also heard of others who were put to sleep for delivery of all their babies with no problems. I think it was pretty normal "back then".

I am pretty sure my aunt was "put out" for the delivery of 5 babies. All healthy and well (mother and children). By baby 6, epidurals were out and she had an epidural for #6. I have also heard of others who were put to sleep for delivery of all their babies with no problems. I think it was pretty normal "back then".

Yup I once worked with an older lady who was put out for the birth of her babies too............no reason other than "it's just what they did back then".

Oh Canadia! So sorry to hear all you are going through!! So much. Huge (((((hugs))))) for you. I'll be praying fervently for you and your baby to make it through this safely to return home with Lex quickly. I don't have answers to any of your medical questions but I hope others who do will be along shortly. ASB's wife should be a huge and knowledgable comfort. Please keep posting and keep us informed.

I don't know what your religious beliefs are but when I am most deeply struggling and see situations looming that I can't control, I find a lot of comfort in the Psalms.

No words, just prayers. From Psalm 62 (I love the Psalms too)

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,

for my hope is from Him.

He only is my rock and my salvation,

my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my salvation and my glory;

my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in Him at all times, O people;

pour out your heart before Him;

God is a refuge for us."

:huggy:

Hang in there! I didn't even realize you were pregnant!!! :hides:

You know, if you stopped by a little more often you'd know these things. There's a whole mess of CW'ers that are preggers (no I'm not one of them.) There's also a slew of CW'ers who are or have recently moved (again, not me). Things seem to happen in bunches here. :giggles:

I am sorry. I am sure you have made good choices for yourself and your children.

Is there anyone that you love (family/mother/sister/aunt/etc) that could come that you would WANT to come be with you and Lex? Even if for a couple weeks or 3?

And to those closer to her that offered more than a shoulder, you guys just totally rock beyond words.

I agree Barb. The kindness and willingness of CW'ers to help never fails to amaze me.

I suck :hides: I can't remember....do we know if we are having a boy or a girl Canadia?

Is there anything the doc wants you to do in the mean time? Special diet or something?

Hang in there :huggy: Do you have anyone coming to help when baby arrives...........family perhaps?

As far as I know, no, there isn't anything to do to change this, other than the transfusion someone mentioned.

And no, no one coming to help when baby arrives. I managed Lex on my own after a c-section and Lex will be out of the house for most hours of the day on weekdays so I'm hoping it goes as well this time as it did then.

You don't have the times and options....so, I think you have to have faith and trust. (not easy, not even SUGGESTING it is easy).

Do you have an OB whose care has satisfied you so far? Has the OB been caring? listened? cared about the way YOU wanted to do this before the options were limited? If the answers are yes. Then, the best you can do is have faith in your OB. If they were an awful doc you would have had a sense of it in the last months and switched.

Ask your OB if he/she is experienced and confident in their plan for your care.

We will pray....you take care of yourself and your baby and (TRY) to have faith...because that seems all you are offered right now.

I hope we can be here for you to lean on....post to....complain, shout, whine, yell....whatever you need.

With much friendship love! Barb

Yes, I like my OB and all but one of his partners. You're correct, he's done all of those things and more and yes, I would have switched a long time ago if he hadn't.

I will most certainly take any and all prayers and am grateful I can come here to freak out and have you guys help me re-center myself.

Yes they will do what they have to do for the baby without your approval. As I understand it they simply need 2 doctors to agree and they can proceed. :huggy:

I'm very worried about you and the added stress of all these new worries. This can't be good for your blood pressure. Is there ANYTHING we can do to help? Cook some meals? Something around the house? Anything? Please don't be shy. :huggy:

I have the downstairs organized (upstairs is always a chaotic mess) and the freezers are packed to the gills. The only thing that is bugging me is I can't vaccum the stairs, but I can live with that for a few more weeks. Clars and a few other friends have offered everything I need up to d-day and for the time I will be in the hospital. I'm now less confident of when I get home from the hospital for weekends, but Lex will be picked up/dropped off from daycare during the week, plus get all of his meals there. So I may be asking for help on weekends once baby arrives.

You should sign a power of attorney health care proxy/advanced directive etc for you, Lex, & your new little one. Hospitals usually have you sign off in advance, that they may do whatever is necessary to safeguard lives, if you are not available to give consent at that later time.

I'm sure someone on here knows the law in IL, as the laws do vary by state.

You need to not only consider what is best for the new baby, but yourself, and Lex.

Thanks - with the terms you gave I spent a couple of hours searching last night. I think I need a Temporary Guardianship/"In Loco Parentis" form for the kids and a Power of Attorney for Health Care for me.

What she said. I am right down the street from you if you need anything. If you need to send Lex over so you can get a break, now and after the baby is born, he is welcome anytime. Please don't be too shy to ask, we would love to help you in any way we can.

:huggy:

You already know I may be taking you up on that offer. Even though I'm working from home Lex goes to the daycare first thing in the morning and then the past two nights he's played outside with the neighbour's son. I've only seen him while he eats dinner and then has his bath.

This weekend I'll be at the Bartlett Aquatic Center Sun/Mon. He'll be occupied for hours and I'm so looking forward to just floating in the water.

After that, yep, you may be getting a "can Lex have a playdate call" (hopefully not the "can you take Lex for a few days call").

:huggy: Hang in there! I didn't even realize you were pregnant!!! :hides:

Thanks and at least you didn't miss the whole pregnancy - you clued in under the wire.

I am sorry. I am sure you have made good choices for yourself and your children.

Is there anyone that you love (family/mother/sister/aunt/etc) that could come that you would WANT to come be with you and Lex? Even if for a couple weeks or 3?

And to those closer to her that offered more than a shoulder, you guys just totally rock beyond words.

Your words were meant in kindness and support, that's why I started crying. I was chasing my tail and getting no where. It certainly helped to have the obvious stated, that I am simply going to have to rely on my faith for this one.

As to my family, my drunk mom called me last night to see if she could come help. A long time ago I told her to choose between alcohol and Lex. She chose alcohol. Step-mom has Parkinson's and my niece can't get into the US without her mother's permission (she's only 15) and my SIL isn't giving it. Her and brother are getting a divorce.

I suck :hides: I can't remember....do we know if we are having a boy or a girl Canadia?

Nope, I'm being unconventional (I know, hard to believe for me) and not finding out.

That's MrsRed, but I like the way you are thinking.

And to everyone

i_heart_you_by_martkaa.jpg

Liz, those are the forms that you need. But you need someone to give the power to, do you have someone you trust to make decisions for you?

The one thing I couldn't find out is if they are good across international borders and by telephone. I would put my dad as the contact point, but he's up in British Columbia.

If anything happens he will need to come here to retrieve your children. So the standby guardianship is fine.

For the medical POA, please contact your doctors office and the hospital where you intend to deliver and ask what specifically the document must say for your dad to be able to issue instructions by phone. The doctor office & hospital should both be able to accommodate a telephone verbal "password" so they can confirm it is your dad should they need to speak to him.

Good luck!

Hugs and prayers for you. I am sorry you are having a difficult time.

As far as I know, no, there isn't anything to do to change this, other than the transfusion someone mentioned.

And no, no one coming to help when baby arrives. I managed Lex on my own after a c-section and Lex will be out of the house for most hours of the day on weekdays so I'm hoping it goes as well this time as it did then.

I read that some people have had some success getting their platelet count up with steroids, but I don't know if that was earlier or if there are contraindications for this type of treatment that won't work for you.

You already know I may be taking you up on that offer. Even though I'm working from home Lex goes to the daycare first thing in the morning and then the past two nights he's played outside with the neighbour's son. I've only seen him while he eats dinner and then has his bath.

This weekend I'll be at the Bartlett Aquatic Center Sun/Mon. He'll be occupied for hours and I'm so looking forward to just floating in the water.

After that, yep, you may be getting a "can Lex have a playdate call" (hopefully not the "can you take Lex for a few days call").

Whatever you need. If you need me to come over and vacuum the stairs because it is making you crazy, lmk. Playdate, few days. Whatever, we will work it all out. Just try to stay calm, it will all be okay!

Wait, are you a US citizen?

No, I'm Canadian with a green card. Not eligible to become a US citizen until November of 2015.

Lex is and the baby will be dual US/Canadian citizens.

Lex travels on a US passport/Illinois birth certificate, I travel on a Canadian passport/BC birth certificate. Obviously the baby doesn't have a birth certificate or US passport yet.

Does it make a difference?

No, I'm Canadian with a green card. Not eligible to become a US citizen until November of 2015.

Lex is and the baby will be dual US/Canadian citizens.

Lex travels on a US passport/Illinois birth certificate, I travel on a Canadian passport/BC birth certificate. Obviously the baby doesn't have a birth certificate or US passport yet.

Does it make a difference?

Now that I have read more, no. As long as you have a Green Card it's fine.

Just remember Liz in IL especially, possession is 9/10ths of the law. In the worst case if your dad comes here immediately IL will not block him taking the children anywhere.

Recall also not only do you need a Standby/Temporary Guardianship document for Lex, you also need one for New Baby. In the name section simply put "Baby 2012 Yourlastname."

:hug:

Back