What's new

Trust

Gannet

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
It now takes me a long time to decide whether or not to progress in friendship because often it doesn't work, especially if it's an internet acquaintence. I used to be quite trusting of people who I think could become good friends, but internet friendships can't be wholly trusted to last if the person is chained to their infernal Facebook Chat, ffs, or not keen on foruming.

In real life for me, making friends in my village is not something I'm keen on, because people are naturally nosy and I dislike it when they ask leading questions about my family. If they do I can be quite unpleasant. My family's lives are private and none of their **** business.

I have two internet friends who I am very close to and who are delightfully easy to talk to. Known them for years, lovely people. If it were possible to met them one day, I'd go for it.

Do you trust people easily, or do you feel they should earn your trust with time?

People earn their trust with me.
At first glance I'm like ' To trust? To not trust? '
But once I got to know my best friend, Zoe, I found out she LOVES stories, and is a great listener, she's earned that place on being #1 on my list.
No-one can replace her, so I'd say earn, for me.

I used to trust people easily, but after years of being trodden on and treated like **** I've learned that you should expect the worst in people; it's not the best mindset but it's saved me from developing friendships which would have turned sour in the end. "That other place" would be a prime example - so many friendships lost because of others' immaturity and selfishness.

There's plenty of people on the internet I trust, and a handful in real life; that said, I never really open myself up fully to anyone.

i feel i myself am at least fairly trustworthy; i try my best not to break promises or spill secrets, but i'm not always fully aware of what i should or should not do so i won't deny that i've probably flubbed up quite a few times lmao

TBH i find trusting others more of a trusting myself kind of thing; i have to trust that i have the skill to judge a person enough to trust them, whether or not what i'm saying/doing is something i really want 'out there', how i communicate towards a person (ie, using high pressure words like 'i'm trusting you with this', 'if this got out i'd probably be very angry with all parties involved', etc) and just in general be aware of how they've treated others in the past

i'm pretty tentative about trusting people with the 'big things' i've got under my belt, mainly because i'm kind of a wuss and if they react wrong (which they will 9 out of 10 times) i'd probably be really upset
so to save myself pain i just don't talk about it lmao
also i feel no need to, so it's all good

so IDK i used to have mega trust issues, but i've really been working on them and i think it pays off.:) people seem to flourish in their own way when you put even a little trust and pride into them. even if they turn out to be bad about it, it's nice to know i at least made them feel good about themselves for 5 seconds, haha.

I tend to trust fairly quickly. It's never been a bad thing, for me.

I don't trust easily but if I do trust someone quickly, they're deserving.
I trusted Kirk online in a matter of a week. We met, were quick friends within a day, dating after a week. My judgement was perfectly sound :')

I'm happy and confident in my trust judgment however I trust a lot less easily than I used to. I used to get taken advantage of a lot. Not so much now I don't let it happen :)

It takes awhile for me, and to that fact I don't use public chatrooms. But I find it easy to talk to people on my site. But as others have said, trust is earned...

I trust and forgive quite easily. I never forget, however.

Initially, I actually do trust people way too easily.
It's gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past. I trust easily at first, but once my trust is broken, it's **** near impossible to gain back.

When I was at boarding school I distrusted most because people stole things from me and soke lies. Since leaving that horrible place I'm growing to trust people more. But I like taking time in getting to know them first. This is probably why I'm shy.

nope.. I realle, really, don't trust anyone except for me. NO ONE.. esxcept for [MENTION=1]Kirk[/MENTION] to save my arse on KF

All in a day's work m'lady. *tips hat*

Trust, like respect, is earned, not given freely. If you want me to trust you, you need to prove you are indeed worthy of my trust.

Back