What's new

TSG Gun Club

I hope you gun owners have a hunting accident.

How many guns do you have in all :huh:

Those are some nice guns. I like the Mosin-Nagant m1891/30, looks cool.

I honestly have no idea...probably too many....:unsure:

You can find Mosins for sale at just about any "gun show" and many sporting goods stores as well. For a while I think Dunhams was selling them for $70 - $100 or so, but from what I remember those were fairly crappy quality....:mellow:

Nice collection Frankkov (if those are your plinkers I'd like to see your good ones). I used to have a couple of SKS rifles. One was a Russian variant with the bayonet, the other was a Norinco manufactured Chinese paratrooper version with a 16.5 inch barrel and thumbhole stock (took AK magazines). Like you said, fun to shoot but basicially POS's. The russian one had about a 20 lb trigger pull. I put a short tactical scope on the Norinco and the best I could do with it was about 6 inch groups at 100yds. Not exactly a tackdriver.....:lol:. I ended up trading them both away for other guns.

Yeah the trigger pull on those things make them pretty worthless....I used to have a Russian one also, eventually traded it for a scope. The Yugo had a slightly different trigger group which makes the pull a bit lighter...but still worthless except for plinking. My other long guns, which for the life of me I can't find pictures of....I know they are packed away somewhere with the insurance info, but exactly where I am not sure. As for shotguns my others include a Browning Citori 525 O/U (26 in./12 ga.), a Beretta 682 Gold O/U (28 in./12 ga.), and a Remington Model 1100 Auto (26 in./20 ga.)...I used to do a lot of competitive Trap and Sporting Clays shooting in a few local leauges. As for rifles, I have a Browning A-Bolt (30-06, w/ a Simmons 3-9X40 scope), another Browning A-bolt (.243 Win. w/ a Zeiss 3-9X40 scope), a Savage Model 99 (.300 Savage), and a Ruger M77 (30-06, w/ a Leupold 3-9X32 scope).

You can find Mosins for sale at just about any "gun show" and many sporting goods stores as well. For a while I think Dunhams was selling them for $70 - $100 or so, but from what I remember those were fairly crappy quality....:mellow:

Yeah the trigger pull on those things make them pretty worthless....I used to have a Russian one also, eventually traded it for a scope. The Yugo had a slightly different trigger group which makes the pull a bit lighter...but still worthless except for plinking. My other long guns, which for the life of me I can't find pictures of....I know they are packed away somewhere with the insurance info, but exactly where I am not sure. As for shotguns my others include a Browning Citori 525 O/U (26 in./12 ga.), a Beretta 682 Gold O/U (28 in./12 ga.), and a Remington Model 1100 Auto (26 in./20 ga.)...I used to do a lot of competitive Trap and Sporting Clays shooting in a few local leauges. As for rifles, I have a Browning A-Bolt (30-06, w/ a Simmons 3-9X40 scope), another Browning A-bolt (.243 Win. w/ a Zeiss 3-9X40 scope), a Savage Model 99 (.300 Savage), and a Ruger M77 (30-06, w/ a Leupold 3-9X32 scope).

Nice. I'd like to see pics when you run across them. I don't do any sporting clays or trap shooting, but would like to get into it someday. I'm not much of a wingshot and that would definitely help.

I need to get me one

I just got a new toy in the mail. Where I'm hunting this weekend I'll have the potential for 200yd+ shots with my muzzleloader. I'm comfortable taking those kinda shots if I have a stable rest, but I hate carrying shooting sticks. They're too **** bulky and just one more thing to keep up with. So I ordered a set of SlingStix and they just arrived. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to use them this weekend.

I have not seen those before....if those work that is something I might be interested in picking up. I used to have an extendable bipod on my M77, but it was a really crappy design so I ditched it before it had a chance to fail me...:mellow:

They're relatively new. I first saw them in a gun store a few weeks ago. I ordered mine off ebay and paid 51 including shipping.

I played around with them in the back yard to see if I could hold on target while standing with the sticks tucked into my waist and it worked well. They fold up nice and tight and the sling has a non-skid backing to keep it from slipping off the shoulder while walking. Hopefully I'll get to take a shot on game with them this weekend. I'll be hunting from a ground blind. There aren't too many suitable trees for stands down there.

I've got a Harris bipod for my Remington 700 but it adds so much weight to the gun that it isn't worth the trouble to carry hunting. I use it at the range only.

I've got a Harris bipod for my Remington 700 but it adds so much weight to the gun that it isn't worth the trouble to carry hunting. I use it at the range only.

The one I had for the M77 attached (via adapter) to the sling "swivel lug" on the barrel band, instead of on the stock...I should have known there was a reason why it was less then $20...:unsure: A friend of mine who I do a lot of shooting with has Harris bipods on several of his rifles....much sturdier of a platform than the pos I was using.

The one I had for the M77 attached (via adapter) to the sling "swivel lug" on the barrel band, instead of on the stock...I should have known there was a reason why it was less then $20...:unsure: A friend of mine who I do a lot of shooting with has Harris bipods on several of his rifles....much sturdier of a platform than the pos I was using.

It is very sturdy and allows very accurate shooting, but the weight has always been an issue. I've carried it a couple of times in the field and it is a pain. It's also not really long enough to shoot with unless you can prone out on the ground. Doesn't work well from treestands.

Until the ban on semi-automatic rifles I had an M1 Carbine for taking care of rabbits and feral cats when I lived out bush. I miss those days.

I like the M1 Carbine. Never owned one but I've shot a couple of them over the years. My great-uncle was in WWII and said a lot of guys complained about it being inaccurate and not having any stopping power. He said those were the assholes who never learned how to shoot :lol:

For rabbits and feral cats a 7.62 has plenty of stopping power and some of those cats are ****ing huge.

Yeah, but the WWII soldiers were comparing the .30 Carbine round to the .30-06 round from the M1 Garand. 110 grains at less than 2000fps vs. 150 grains at 2700fps. Still my uncle said if you know how to shoot you have no problems with it.

NEW TOY

:woohoo:

I just picked up a new toy tonight. It is a Savage Model 93 in .17 HMR.

Squirrels, Groundhogs, Coyotes, and tin cans beware!

The link is to Savage's stock photo. I'll post pics of mine when I get a chance.

Talk about wierd. One of the owners here just bought that same gun a week ago. He loves it. Says it's a nail driver. All I've been hearing from him is I need to get one. Can't wait to see pics of yours and let me know how it shoots

Mine was a Gander Mountain exclusive package. Savage Model 93 FV17 with a pre-mounted Simmons 3-9x40 scope. $239.00.

This thread get more and more scary each time I read it..........I love it :lol:

I guess it's time to get the camera out. I need a bigger gun safe!!!!:(

Back