What's new

TSG Gun Club

I wanna be a redneck when I grow up

I need more guns first and some flannel shirts

First you need to move into a trailer park and marry your cousin. Then you can be promoted to gun-toting and flannel shirt-wearing. There's a protocol you gotta follow mister.....:huh:

Pics of my new toy

Left side view

View attachment 10157

Right Side View (there's just something sexy about a bolt action rifle with a bipod installed)

View attachment 10158

The ammo....

View attachment 10159

It's small.....

View attachment 10160

.22LR and .22WMR for comparison

View attachment 10161

It shoots........100yd. quarter sized 4 shot group.

View attachment 10162

George was impressed......

View attachment 10163

View attachment 10164

.17 caliber is small but mighty.....

View attachment 10165

You are pretty close already. :rasberry4pa:
I only have one gun and don't own any flannels :huh:

Do they even still sell flannel stuff

Not content to rest on my laurels, I acquired yet another firearm today. Actually I traded one for this one, so I don't own another gun, just a different one.........:shifty:

I traded away my Charles Daly Maxi Mag shotgun for a Remington 870 Express Magnum Synthetic.

Once again the link is to a stock photo. I'll photograph and post mine when I get around to it.

I decided to rid myself of the CD because of their worsening reputation for misfires. Don't want to get into a situation when a nice deer or turkey is standing in front of me and my shotgun is going "click" instead of "bang".

I have an 870 Express in 20 gauge. Most reliable shotgun I've ever owned. It also shoots an damned accurate slug. I've taken about a half dozen deer with it.

I have an 870 Express in 20 gauge. Most reliable shotgun I've ever owned. It also shoots an damned accurate slug. I've taken about a half dozen deer with it.

Much like the Remington 700 is for rifles, the 870 is the standard by which all other shotguns are judged.

I'm getting ready to part with my Smith and Wesson Sigma in .40 SW. Gonna sell/trade it to buy a Ruger Mark III512 .22 auto.

probably only gonna get about $225 bucks for it, but that's OK. I really want the Ruger....

Tonight's Range work.

Went to the range tonight..........here are the results........

First the pistols.......

Ruger P89.....not my best group with it by far. Was mostly doing double and triple taps though so this isn't too bad :eek: at 7 yards.......Remington Leadless 115 GR FNBEB
Ruger P89.JPG

My wife's Guardian .32NAA not bad for a 10lb trigger and 2.5 inch barrel. After two 6 round mags my hand was hurting. It truly has some bite. Corbon 60gr. JHP @1200 fps.
32NAA.JPG

SW Sigma 40V. Again some of these were double and triple taps. Never been a big fan of how this one shoots but this wasn't bad. One of my best groups with it in awhile and this gun will be sold Friday. Figures.......:rolleyes:......Fiocchi 145gr JHP.
SW Sigma.JPG

Now the Rem 870 Shotgun

It puts big holes in things rather efficiently....
My range session this evening. 8 shot 25yd group shooting Rem 2 3/4" 1oz. Sluggers.
Rem870.1.JPG

7 yd pattern from Rem Managed Recoil 00 load. The big hole to the lower left is where the wad hit the target.

Rem870.2.JPG

My newest toy..........

Bought a Ruger 22/45 MKIII today. Here are the first results. Two targets shown. It definitely preferred the aquila ammo (left target) over the remington (right target). Shots were 20 yds outdoors free hand. Light wind.
Ruger2245.1.JPG

How much was the gun

It was $260.00 total including tax. I basically talked him into paying the tax out of his asking price. You can buy the same gun at Gander Mountain for 240 plus tax.

It was $260.00 total including tax. I basically talked him into paying the tax out of his asking price. You can buy the same gun at Gander Mountain for 240 plus tax.
Sounds like a great price. Now I want one :D

I've definitly got the trading bug here lately..........

Just shipped my Win 94AE to a guy in Ohio who is shipping me one of these in return.

http://ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=6622&return=Y

My Winchester is used and the Ruger is NIB and never fired.........sweet :D

My Ruger collection continues to grow............

Now all I need is a 10/22 to make it complete

and a PC9

and a P95

and a Mini 14

and maybe a mini 30 while I'm at it..............

I'm hopeless........

Back