What's new

TUESDAY'S Storm...

Re: Thursdays storm

you totally jinxed me , I just got an email saying our next cheer competition was moved to ... NIU.

I am so ready for cheer season to be over!

Light snow here...now saying 3-5 inches...no bread to be found in the county, I'm told (other than DS & my freezers)...

Went to Supertarget today ... tons of bananas for 0.47 per lb. I bought 7 of them since we go thru 2-3 a day and my next trip to Target is probably on Sunday morning.

Sooo I got a room at the Best Western Inn & Suites for $59 on Priceline so not too bad. Heading out the door and this is the first trip I think I'm leaving my bananas home. I always take whatever fresh fruit is in the basket on the road trips but we never eat it all and it comes home beat up. I'm only thinking of the bananas.

If only we still gave out taglines. :girl:

what?? we don't do taglines anymore??? Is Tazz the only one who can change and she is never here, hence your comment??

what?? we don't do taglines anymore??? Is Tazz the only one who can change and she is never here, hence your comment??

Pretty much. :pout:

DH has already gotten the email that IF dist. 203 opens late he is expected to be there on time............wtf?

Glad my kids have a scheduled day off tomorrow. :)

DH has already gotten the email that IF dist. 203 opens late he is expected to be there on time............wtf?
So why shouldn't he show up? :dunce: :flowers:Assuming its a normal job where he only gets paid for the hours he works which is fair. (Weather.com says just 3-5 inches for your area :) ) Opening late should only apply to the kids you would think? If they are expecting DH to get there on time not on the clock and not get paid for that time, that would be wrong of course.

fyi, I never wanted the job to close/close early etc for weather, since then you had to either take a vacation day/hours or go without pay. It's not the employers fault of course for the weather, it was/is totally fair but not what I wanted, would rather stick it out work and earn my keep. :)

District 60 put the call out around 6 late start too.

And it got me thinking how MODERN we are....heated cars, heated buses....thermalined coats, mittens...snow proof snow boots...etc...

and in the midwest we still get late starts for 3-5 inches of snow?

Prairie folks...we are not. Laura Ingalls would be ashamed of us. @@

Finally snowing here ... it's look so pretty out. By tomorrow morning it will look a mess but right now it looks so calm and beautiful out.

And it got me thinking how MODERN we are....heated cars, heated buses....thermalined coats, mittens...snow proof snow boots...etc...

and in the midwest we still get late starts for 3-5 inches of snow?

Prairie folks...we are not. Laura Ingalls would be ashamed of us. @@

Growing up in the 50's & 60's we never got any breaks when it came to snowfall...and that was back in the day when most everyone walked to school in the morning, walked home for lunch, walked back to school, & walked home...sometimes we never took off our snow pants & boots @ lunchtime...just sat around the kitchen with our feet on newspaper, wolfing down a sandwich or some chickie noodle soup...we had long walk too...(from Lathrop & Madison to Circle & Randolph to those familiar with Forest Park) about 8 blocks, unless you cut across yards or went thru alleys...

Back