What's new

UFC 144 - Edgar vs. Henderson

If I was making the books, those would all be very close to what I'd make them. Although I'd make Okami a bit heavier of a favorite (even though I'm a Boetsch fan). Here are the official odds as of right now:

Frankie Edgar -138
Ben Henderson +110

Rampage -250
Bader +200

Hunt +250
Kongo -333

Akiyama +250
Shields -333

Okami -350
Boetsch +275

I really like Boetsch in this, Since moving down a weight class he's looked really good and much stronger than his opponents. I also think Okami's confidence might be a little suspect after the Silva fight, Silva has a tendency to do that to people lol. But like I said I'm always wrong lol. That's probably the fight I'd bet on if I went for it.

I really like Boetsch in this, Since moving down a weight class he's looked really good and much stronger than his opponents. I also think Okami's confidence might be a little suspect after the Silva fight, Silva has a tendency to do that to people lol. But like I said I'm always wrong lol. That's probably the fight I'd bet on if I went for it.

All very good points. The thing that has always concerned me with Boetsch is his gas tank. It seems to be a bit better since the drop, but I still have a lot of questions.

When I picture the fight playing out, I keep seeing Tim coming out strong, tiring after about four minutes and then getting beat up on his back for the rest of the fight. Anything other than Okami by unanimous decision would be a big surprise to me.

Very interested to see who is more physically strong in this one. Boetsch has been known to manhandle his opponents in the clinch, but Okami has historically been the stronger fighter in every fight he's had (aside from Franklin).

Just watched countdown to UFC 144. Great card! Now I can't wait. I really hope Rampage steps up his craziness and come out with a powerful win.

All very good points. The thing that has always concerned me with Boetsch is his gas tank. It seems to be a bit better since the drop, but I still have a lot of questions.

When I picture the fight playing out, I keep seeing Tim coming out strong, tiring after about four minutes and then getting beat up on his back for the rest of the fight. Anything other than Okami by unanimous decision would be a big surprise to me.

Very interested to see who is more physically strong in this one. Boetsch has been known to manhandle his opponents in the clinch, but Okami has historically been the stronger fighter in every fight he's had (aside from Franklin).

Yeah, Chael Sonnen said he's the strongest middleweight in the world, Boetsch might give him a run for his money.

Yeah, Chael Sonnen said he's the strongest middleweight in the world, Boetsch might give him a run for his money.

But Chael Sonnen says anything! hahaha What do you think of his last fight against bisping?

But Chael Sonnen says anything! hahaha What do you think of his last fight against bisping?

That's true lol. I'm a big Chael Sonnen fan and I was really disappointed with his performance. Honestly I expected him to run through Bisping. His cardio and strength didn't look as good as his previous fights. I think in a way it might humble him a bit and hopefully he'll be in much better shape for the Silva fight.

That's true lol. I'm a big Chael Sonnen fan and I was really disappointed with his performance. Honestly I expected him to run through Bisping. His cardio and strength didn't look as good as his previous fights. I think in a way it might humble him a bit and hopefully he'll be in much better shape for the Silva fight.

Agreed, I was a bit shocked to see him struggling with Bisping, He looked a bit dry and dehydrated in that fight. I cant wait for him to finally face off with anderson again. I'll be watching that fight for sure!

Agreed, I was a bit shocked to see him struggling with Bisping, He looked a bit dry and dehydrated in that fight. I cant wait for him to finally face off with anderson again. I'll be watching that fight for sure!

Same here. I haven't been this excited for a fight since Belfort vs Silva. Or maybe Brock vs Overeem but that was a bust.

The fact that it's gonna take place in Brazil is crazy. If Sonnen wins he may not make it out of there alive lol. This may be the craziest crowd ever for a UFC event, Sonnen vs Silva II. Definitely my most anticipated fight for 2012.

I'll be laying a lot of money on Anderson in the rematch. I'm convinced he'll go his entire UFC career undefeated.

Honestly I think Bendo should take this, but I also though Penn would twice... and then Maynard would twice! Edgar is crazy, and I've learned not to bet against him. I think Bendo should be able to capitalize on his striking openings though like Gray did.

also did you guys hear what Shields had to say about Akiyama? At the pre-fight press conference he was talking about how Akiyama is a cheater, and hopes the UFC will catch him if he tries anything fishy. I looked into it and some people say Sexyama greased for his fights against Sakuraba, and had brass knuckles in another...

also did you guys hear what Shields had to say about Akiyama? At the pre-fight press conference he was talking about how Akiyama is a cheater, and hopes the UFC will catch him if he tries anything fishy. I looked into it and some people say Sexyama greased for his fights against Sakuraba, and had brass knuckles in another...

I wouldn't put too much stock into anything that comes out of Jake Shields' camp. Maybe a few early excuses in case he loses his third straight fight in the UFC? Usually three is the magic number.

Honestly I think Bendo should take this, but I also though Penn would twice... and then Maynard would twice! Edgar is crazy, and I've learned not to bet against him. I think Bendo should be able to capitalize on his striking openings though like Gray did.

I'm in the same boat. On paper, I think Henderson is the more skilled fighter. Edgar just manages to surprise everybody. And just when everyone assumed he was a jab and run boxer who couldn't finish a fight, he gets a highlight reel knockout over Maynard. I'm done betting against him.

This looks pretty interesting, and it's happening in a couple days. Personally, I think Rampage is going to beat the heck out of Ryan Bader. Who know, have to wait and see.

This looks pretty interesting, and it's happening in a couple days. Personally, I think Rampage is going to beat the heck out of Ryan Bader. Who know, have to wait and see.

You never really know with Rampage, I think he's one of those fighters where you have to say "which Rampage will show up". He's already said in all his interviews that he doesn't care if he wins or loses just that he puts on a good show for his Japanese fans. I hope Rampage wins and I do think he will win but you never know which Rampage you'll get.

You never really know with Rampage, I think he's one of those fighters where you have to say "which Rampage will show up". He's already said in all his interviews that he doesn't care if he wins or loses just that he puts on a good show for his Japanese fans. I hope Rampage wins and I do think he will win but you never know which Rampage you'll get.

From the buildup it seems like Rampage the star is showing up and not Rampage the beat the **** of you until you cry.

I wouldn't put too much stock into anything that comes out of Jake Shields' camp. Maybe a few early excuses in case he loses his third straight fight in the UFC? Usually three is the magic number.

This didn't come from Shields.

Akiyama was caught for putting grease on himself before fighting Sakuraba and the athletics committee reruled Akiyama's win to a No Contest.

Speaking of Rampage...he came in 5 pounds overweight. I think that tells us which Rampage we'll see tomorrow night.

Yeah, glad I bet on Bader at 3/1 odds. I've always been a huge Rampage fan. It's a shame to see him waste his talent. Hopefully he surprises me tomorrow.

Looking forward to the fight tonight. The broadcast will start at 3am UK time so I will struggle to stay awake for the main event.

Back