What's new

(UPDATE)Questions regarding immunization for 6th grade....

Re: Questions regarding immunization for 6th grade....

Same thing has happened to us at least once. Then they couldn't remember which shot had what so they had to scrap them and get new ones.............holy **** were the nurses PO'd at me. OH ****ING WELL!!! I told you ****es several times that I do not want that one!!!:ranting:

My nephew even though he was 14 at the time would have had no idea what/why they were giving him or that there was anything amiss.

He was mortified that I insisted on going in with him (I ducked out during the nut-check to save him from the mortification) but I always always always make them prepare injections from labeled containers IN FRONT OF MY FACE or the kids will not be receiving whatever they have in their hand. It could be antifreeze or sugarwater for all I know.

My nephew even though he was 14 at the time would have had no idea what/why they were giving him or that there was anything amiss.

He was mortified that I insisted on going in with him (I ducked out during the nut-check to save him from the mortification) but I always always always make them prepare injections from labeled containers IN FRONT OF MY FACE or the kids will not be receiving whatever they have in their hand. It could be antifreeze or sugarwater for all I know.

Oh so they have "**** mom" written in their files eh? :snicker: :lol:

I don't even let my dog be alone with a vet, but I might see a vet once in an entire dog's life.

What is funny is I am not the actual Mom of any of them!

Their "real" moms could care less what doctors shoot into them as long as they don't have to pay anything for it!!

:lol:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :giggles:

I will have to post about how I was called a **** last Friday.

I don't even let my dog be alone with a vet, but I might see a vet once in an entire dog's life.

You don't even let your dog get shots? The vet talked me into a new (to me) one last time.............don't remember what it was for now, but he used the scare tactic.........."it's rare, but if she gets it could die".

You don't even let your dog get shots?
No.

I also don't feed my dog "dog food".

And our family Rott lived to be 18. Ever heard of an 18 year old Rott? Most people never have. And she wasn't even "fixed", nor was she a fat old lady, nor was she unhealthy in any way. She just died ... quietly, at home.

The vet talked me into a new (to me) one last time.............don't remember what it was for now, but he used the scare tactic.........."it's rare, but if she gets it could die".
Indeed, nothing more than a scare tactic. Fear is a powerful motivator.

No.

And our family Rott lived to be 18. Ever heard of an 18 year old Rott? Most people never have. And she wasn't even "fixed", nor was she a fat old lady, nor was she unhealthy in any way. She just died ... quietly, at home.

Yeah I thought about doing the whole raw diet thing for the dog, but in the end I'm too lazy and I didn't wanna deal with the mess and thought of raw chicken juices to clean up.

No.

Indeed, nothing more than a scare tactic. Fear is a powerful motivator.

What do you feed your Rotti? I had Molly (Rott) who passed at 10 years, I have Abby (Rott) who is 5 years old and now we also have Cooper (Rott) who is 1 year.

I took my DS for his 6th grade physical to Walgreens ..

Do they offer vaccines with the physical? I know that they are doing sports/school physicals for $35, but I wondered if it includes any shots.
I guess if they don't, worst case scenario you would have to find a place that offers vaccines......which can be almost, if not, impossible.
Some health fairs offer free vaccines that they receive from the Vaccines for Children program. These vaccines are offered to uninsured and underinsured children under the age 18. The trick is finding out where to go. They are not always well advertised.

What do you feed your Rotti? I had Molly (Rott) who passed at 10 years, I have Abby (Rott) who is 5 years old and now we also have Cooper (Rott) who is 1 year.
The dog I have now isn't a Rott, the family dog was a Rott though.

But, we followed the basics of (what is called) the prey model. It's the same thing I do for our current dog.

It's not entirely easy, and there are times we cannot follow it perfectly, but we do the best we can. In reality, it was easier to follow with our Rott those years ago, whereas now the quality is harder to come by, and more expensive.

I still expect her to live beyond the standard expectancy, which is 15 or 16. I'm shooting for 20something.

Aki- I am guessing he feeds his dog a RAW diet.. which is basically meat.

I always go in with DS1 to the Dr. When they start discussing sex and stuff I leave. I want him to be comfortable talking to the Dr. about it. What he discusses with him and the Dr. are his business. But other then that I am there the whole time.

Same thing has happened to us at least once. Then they couldn't remember which shot had what so they had to scrap them and get new ones.............holy **** were the nurses PO'd at me. OH ****ING WELL!!! I told you ****es several times that I do not want that one!!!:ranting:
FYI-They should always know what is in each syringe because it has to be legally documented which arm each shot was given in. Also, some shots go in the muscle and some do not. For example: Tetanus-left deltoid, Hep B-right deltoid, MMR right arm.....so the nurse is just nilly willy giving shots?!? What if someone has a reaction to the vaccine? How are you supposed to know what vaccine caused the reaction? That's such BS! That's why I feel not just anyone should work in health care. Patients should be treated like they are family!!!!

Aki- I am guessing he feeds his dog a RAW diet.. which is basically meat.

I always go in with DS1 to the Dr. When they start discussing sex and stuff I leave. I want him to be comfortable talking to the Dr. about it. What he discusses with him and the Dr. are his business. But other then that I am there the whole time.

Your DS talks to his doc about sex? Isn't he like 14? :dunce:

OK, what is the big deal about vaccines...? I have read most of this thread and have had all my vaccines and gotten them all for DD...are you peeps telling me this is a bunch of conspiracy theory crap and that vaccines are horrible? I knew some women who believed that vaccines gave their kids autism..not really sure what to believe there....personally I've always believed that vaccines save lives...I don't give a **** about the flu shot or any of the other stupid ones that they keep coming up with..I am talking about the serious ones like measles, mumps, rubella, etc. DD did get the chicken pox vaccine and so far has NOT had the pox. I'm glad since knowing her she would have scratched the hell out of her skin. I don't understand what is so bad about these vaccines really.

Your DS talks to his doc about sex? Isn't he like 14? :dunce:

Well, yeah they talk to them about sex. If they are active or not. Have any questions or concerns etc. And no he's 16. But sex talk has been going on since he was 14.

Get with the times GF! Kids are having sex younger and younger these days! DENIAL is UGLY!

ETA: From what I am told from my son.. he is even too shy to KISS a girl… so he is a virgin. THANKS BE TO GODDDD!!!!

OK, what is the big deal about vaccines...? I have read most of this thread and have had all my vaccines and gotten them all for DD...are you peeps telling me this is a bunch of conspiracy theory crap and that vaccines are horrible? I knew some women who believed that vaccines gave their kids autism..not really sure what to believe there....personally I've always believed that vaccines save lives...I don't give a **** about the flu shot or any of the other stupid ones that they keep coming up with..I am talking about the serious ones like measles, mumps, rubella, etc. DD did get the chicken pox vaccine and so far has NOT had the pox. I'm glad since knowing her she would have scratched the hell out of her skin. I don't understand what is so bad about these vaccines really.

I am just saying I think some of the vaccines are BS. What is wrong with your/my child getting chicken pox? We did. And from what I hear they need this vaccine over and over and over. For what??? Did I get my child the vaccine, YES. Why? Cause I had to, no other reason. Let's hope these kids do not get it when they are 60,70 or 80 That will not be good.

Well, yeah they talk to them about sex. If they are active or not. Have any questions or concerns etc. And no he's 16. But sex talk has been going on since he was 14.

Get with the times GF! Kids are having sex younger and younger these days! DENIAL is UGLY!

ETA: From what I am told from my son.. he is even too shy to KISS a girl… so he is a virgin. THANKS BE TO GODDDD!!!!

Yes, Thanks be to God!!!

I think Pa started talking to the grandkids since they were 9 or 10. LOL :giggles:

2nsua02.jpg

OK, what is the big deal about vaccines...?
The deal is whatever you think it is after you've researched the topic in great detail for yourself. That's the only way I can answer that.

Back