What's new

Update w Pics-- Now Good! :) Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

Re: Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

from the pic, I would guess maybe the fridge is caught on the hinge of the patio door? or the fridge can't slide straight back because it is at a slight angle due to the door?

I would pull the fridge all the way out (if you can). remove the patio door, hinges and all. then start over.

good luck!

Oh that might be it! But I can't get it to budge any direction. We really love this fridge... cabinets weren't my pick.... I'm thinking if we trim off the overhang on the side of the cabinet we can at least get it to move.

Keep the fridge, knock out the patio door! :snicker:

...maybe a little ky lube if you have any left?. :giggles:

Are you hung up on the water connection for the ice maker? Can you shine a flashlight under it and see? Maybe a kid's toy or a piece of cardboard is caught.

From the looks of it you won't be able to wiggle it side to side and push it back, but can you tilt it down from the top a little bit and scooch the bottom in some more and wiggle it in that way?

When mistah pulls our fridge out he always puts it back tilted down towards him, bottom in first nearly all the way back to the wall and then stands it up into place (if that makes sense?) because he can't get is hands in the space on the side and our tile is such crap if we tried to scoot or push it the tile would crumble

Aw Steve, those are my fab Pella French doors with the blinds behind the glass. Pre-Fridge the only thing I chose and really wanted in the Kitchen... still have plans for the rest some day but for now... They still need to be stained they are so new.

I know there isn't anything under/behind it. We scrubbed it out before new one came. Ice maker stuff is further back than it is going at this point... IF I have to, I'll remove the entire pantry cabinet thing. This really stinks!

Hmmm... maybe I'll HAVE to remodel the whole kitchen to make it fit... now that would be GREAT!

I know there isn't anything under/behind it. We scrubbed it out before new one came. Ice maker stuff is further back than it is going at this point... IF I have to, I'll remove the entire pantry cabinet thing. This really stinks!

Hmmm... maybe I'll HAVE to remodel the whole kitchen to make it fit... now that would be GREAT!

Now you're thinnking! :dance:

Is that at GE? Looks just like my fridge. You also have the same cabinets and cubby. It is tight in the cubby. I just tried to move ours and I can't budge it. It has to be perfectly straight before you push it in. Wait till your hubby gets home before you rip to much apart. Men have upper arm strength that women just don't have (especially above head), and I am no weakling. If you want to try to unstick it keep your arms low that way you can get more pressure. Good Luck!!! Maybe some kinda lube would help too.

I'm sorry Mom2dee that sucks! But I LOVE your kitchen! Can I come live w/you? I'll shuttle back and forth between your house and Steve's:lol::lol::lol:

No this is an LG fridge. I can't wait till my DH gets home... maybe he can figure something out. But he has a shoulder he dislocated twice (most recently 2.5 months ago) so he's not much for the physical side of it.

Kewpon addict, I am glad you like it... :) the pic I took is the best part. We hope it will add resale value. The cabinets aren't bad really. What I don't like is it has almost NO counter space, plates and other bigger items get stuck on the dishwasher racks b/c it's too tight, door from garage won't open fully and literally hits the countertop at about 70 degrees open, zero lighting beyond the ceiling fan, range is awful--half my burners don't work and oven leaks heat so bad that you can get burned touching a metal item sitting on the stove above. They look pretty though.. nice stainless and not too old.

I have dreams of moving the door to the garage around the corner to the living room and making wrap-around cabinets through that corner. And replacing the range and dishwasher but unless they break (please, please), I think I'm stuck with them.

And then the more ridiculous dream is to replace the cabinets with cherry and get a nice countertop like maybe granite. Too many things need attention worse than this so that prob won't ever happen.

DH is telling me if there is a grill on the bottom of the fridge, you need to pop it off and grab the fridge down there at the very bottom and pull straight out. Don't go side to side you'll only make it tighter.

Last week my refridgerator (which I hated that came with the house) started randomly freezing things in different areas of it. DH agreed we'd buy a new one and amazingly liked the super expensive cadillac one best...

It is SO gorgeous.... 31 cu ft! French Doors with the Bottom Freezer Stainless Steel. Lighting you wouldn't believe.

It was delivered this morning. I measured over and over but there were these plastic corner things that weren't included in the manu measurement specs and it was already a close fit. It is 36 inches wide AND 36 inches deep.

Delivery guys left it hooked up but sticking out and I ran to Home Depot to get a trim pulling tool. It has wheels so I can just push it back, right?

Pulled the trim and got it going in. Now at halfway it is TOTALLY stuck!! It rolled great till I got it stuck. Can't get it in or out. It weighs 280lbs!! It is wedged up against my french doors to the deck... cant open the door to the deck, can't open one side of the fridge, can't budge it a millimeter! I think we have to trim the side of the cabinet (it overhangs a wee bit) to get this thing in. I am so stressed out!! Got a guy coming tomorrow to help but till then? :surrender:
I know that fridge and I love it too, cuz I have been oogling it for a month or 2 already. I am just trying to justify the expense, cuz my fridge does still work a-ok :(

No grill... flat on bottom.

Ernie-- Oooh! Then you can feel my pain at actually getting one but having it wedged rendering it and my door to the deck unusable. My little guy said, "rich people must like this fridge because the lights look like diamonds!" Maybe if it ever gets installed you can come over for dinner and check it out. :)

He says if there's no grill, get down on the floor and pull like hell from dead center. Gotta be a way to get your hands under it dead center, hang on, and pull.

Okay! My DH and I together got it in.... lots of tilting and shoving. But my cabinets are not straight w the wall so JRL had it right. it is not a squared off space... bottom was getting stuck.

So good news is I can now open my french doors to the deck
Bad news is I still can't open one side and now the freezer drawer on bottom is rubbing the trim on the door. Still plan to shave or move the cabinet to make it work.

Also.... DH seriously said we might have to pull the cabinets and redo the kitchen to make it work.... Am I dreaming?

Okay! My DH and I together got it in.... lots of tilting and shoving.

Wow.....................anyone have a smoke? :joey:

No grill... flat on bottom.

Ernie-- Oooh! Then you can feel my pain at actually getting one but having it wedged rendering it and my door to the deck unusable. My little guy said, "rich people must like this fridge because the lights look like diamonds!" Maybe if it ever gets installed you can come over for dinner and check it out. :)
sounds good to me :) Where did you get yours. Have been looking at Sears & online

Back